|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four though Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lyman ask John for a ride to town in Chapter 6?
(a) So Lyman could catch a train.
(b) So Lyman could go drinking.
(c) So Lyman could shop for a new suit.
(d) So Lyman could call on the midwife.
2. When Roy and Ada first arrived at their land, what was Roy's first order of business?
(a) To dig a well.
(b) To build a cabin.
(c) To buy some livestock.
(d) To plant the crops.
3. Who did Roy refer to when he spoke about 'the kid'?
(d) His son.
4. What does the reporter ask Sandy in regards to the Goodnough fire?
(a) Whether it was deliberate.
(b) Whether it destroyed the whole house.
(c) Whether Sandy had set it.
(d) Whether it was arson.
5. What was Roy's condition for allowing Edith and John to go out together?
(a) Edith and John had to be home before dark.
(b) Roy had to accompany them on their dates.
(c) Edith had to take on more chores.
(d) Lyman must go with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man wearing who approaches Sandy in Chapter 1?
2. What was Ada's dying wish?
3. Who does Sandy say gave the reporter information for his story?
4. In what year was Sandy born?
5. Why did Edith refuse John's proposal?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)