|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four though Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy say is the reason Edith and Lyman never left the family farm?
(a) They never got married.
(b) They were devoted to the farm.
(c) They couldn't afford to leave.
(d) They had no opportunities to do so.
2. After Roy's accident, what did John send Roy's son to do?
(a) Get John's truck.
(b) Get a first aid kit.
(c) Call an ambulance.
(d) Find Roy's fingers.
3. Who did John meet outside the hardware store?
(a) Bud Sealy.
(d) Wenzel Gerdts.
4. In Chapter 2, what did Hannah Roscoe offer to Ada?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A used pot.
(c) A bath.
(d) A jar of jam.
5. How many children did Leona have with her first husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which grade did Roy and Ada's children never get past?
2. What does the reporter ask Sandy in regards to the Goodnough fire?
3. What does Sandy note that the man who approaches him can't figure out?
4. Who is said to have visited the local tavern in Chapter 5?
5. How did Edith feel when John proposed to her?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)