|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerted Mavis to the fire?
(a) A glow in the distance.
(b) Smoke in the distance.
(c) The smell of smoke.
(d) The dog was barking.
2. In Chapter 1, what lands on the reporter's shirt?
(a) A dead leaf.
(b) Bird droppings.
(c) Cow manure.
(d) A fly.
3. What did Wilbur do to make Sandy think he was weak?
(a) Wilbur sweated a lot.
(b) Wilbur couldn't drink much.
(c) Wilbur often visited his doctor.
(d) Wilbur shook hands using two hands.
4. How old was John Roscoe when the Goodnoughs took residence near his home?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Three years old.
5. What is Roy thought to have seen fliers advertising?
(a) Holiday resorts in the mountains.
(b) Films about cowboys in the Wild West.
(c) The chance to homestead in Colorado.
(d) Free cattle for farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sandy note about Lyman's appearance when he returned home?
2. Who put Sandy in a patrol car at the scene of the fire?
3. Who was Twyla Thompson?
4. What does the reporter ask Sandy in regards to the Goodnough fire?
5. What happened to Mavis following the car accident?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)