Chapters One through Three
• Sandy Roscoe is working in a corral when he is approached by a newspaper reporter with some questions about Edith Goodnough.
• The reporter asks Sandy whether the fire at the Goodnoughs was intentional - Sandy chases the man off his property.
• Sandy admits that some of the facts in the Denver Post article about the Goodnoughs were true, but others were incorrect.
• Sandy talks about Roy Goodnough marrying Ada Twamley in Iowa and the couple building a homestead in Colorado.
• Roy Goodnough is said to have hated being dependent on anyone for anything.
• The Goodnoughs took a plot of land near Hannah Roscoe and her young son, John.
• Ada and Roy had two children - a daughter, Edith, and a son, Lyman.
• Edith and Lyman worked on the farm instead of finishing school.
• In 1914, Ada became ill and died - she wished to be...
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)