|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is appendix 2 called?
2. What does one do during the Landscape of Light?
3. Who did Dorothy rely on while in hospital?
4. What is the mantra of compassion?
5. What practice does Sogyal recommend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can a person help someone who is dying?
2. How does Sogyal define compassion?
3. Why is the bardo of dharmata rarely discussed in Tibeten Buddhism?
4. Who does Sogyal dedicate his book to?
5. How can a person improve the karma of someone already dead?
6. How does Sogyal state we assist the dying?
7. What is the Landscape of Light?
8. What is included in appendix one.
9. What does Sogyal hope his book will achieve?
10. Describe Sogyal's master's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare eastern and western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) In what way has the teaching of people like Rinpoche been westernized.
Essay Topic 2
What are you own beliefs on death? How do you think you would react if a loved one died? Do you think it would be possible for you to follow Rinpoche's guidelines?
Essay Topic 3
How will a person change once they start experiencing more karma in their lives? How does negativity stop a person from functioning properly?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)