|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sogyal questions in appendix 2?
2. How does Sogyal improve their next life?
3. What does the deceased remain linked to during the first 21 days of the bardo of becoming?
4. What does a master pray for when someone dies?
5. What are the balls of light known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can one transform their pain when watching a loved one dying?
2. What is Ground Luminosity?
3. What is the sleeping lion position?
4. What does Sogyal say in the second appendix?
5. What are the de lok?
6. What happens during the first few weeks of someone's death?
7. What is the Landscape of Light?
8. How can a person improve the karma of someone already dead?
9. What does Sogyal hope his book will achieve?
10. Describe the four levels of consciousness during inner dissolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare eastern and western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) In what way has the teaching of people like Rinpoche been westernized.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book Rinpoche states the importance of having a master.
1) What did Rinpoche's master teach him that he took forward in life.
2) How can Rinpoche use his master's teachings to pursue his own individual path.
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound affect on Rinpoche's beliefs and how did they change him? What does Rinpoche still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)