|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people who experience near death accompanied by?
2. What does Phowa allow one to do?
3. What does Sogyal recommend reading to the dead?
4. What does Sogyal wish that no humans would fear?
5. What is the inner dissolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does compassion relate to Buddhism?
2. How can a person help someone who is dying?
3. What does Sogyal hope his book will achieve?
4. What is the Landscape of Light?
5. What is Ground Luminosity?
6. Describe the first story Sogyal tells in this chapter.
7. How does Sogyal state we assist the dying?
8. What happens during the first few weeks of someone's death?
9. What is included in appendix one.
10. Describe David Bohn's theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay on the following statement: Westerners are slaves to materialism.
Essay Topic 2
Rinpoche talks about things that are specific to Tibetan culture. Choose one of these cultural references and discuss its relevances to Tibetan culture in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine Rinpoche's writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Rinpoche's style give to the story?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)