|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freda Taylor suffer from?
2. What did Rinpoche do at he age of six months?
3. Name one of Buddha's six realms of existence?
4. Which of the following is a certainty about death?
5. What is the second certainly of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will people with pure vision see the world?
2. What does Sogyol point out is the meaning of Dudjom's story?
3. What does the name Rinpoche mean?
4. What is the View?
5. Decribe Sogyal's childhood.
6. What proof does Sogyal offer that there is reincarnation?
7. How is reincarnation related to the continuity of the mind?
8. What is Dzogchen?
9. What does the Dalai Lama introduce in his foreward?
10. What did Buddha learn about meditation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are you own beliefs on death? How do you think you would react if a loved one died? Do you think it would be possible for you to follow Rinpoche's guidelines?
Essay Topic 2
What is samsara? How can one get away from it to improve their life?
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the difference between the way westerners cope with death to the way Tibetans cope with death?
2) Choose either western and Tibetan culture and discuss why they cope with death like they do.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)