|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Arthur Flowerdew from?
2. How does the west traditionally cope with death?
3. Where are the great liberation teachings based?
4. What does the pursuit of material items lead to?
5. Which of the following words does Sogyal use to describe Khyentse's attitude to Samten's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sogyal's first experience with death.
2. Describe the story of the frog in the well.
3. Describe the story Sogyal tells about Krisha Gotami.
4. Describe the four bardos.
5. What attributes should a master have?
6. What is Dzogchen?
7. What is the Dalai Lama's views on death?
8. Describe the story Sogyal tells about the woman who visited Dudjom in New York.
9. How is reincarnation related to the continuity of the mind?
10. What does the name Rinpoche mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rinpoche's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Rinpoche talks about things that are specific to Tibetan culture. Choose one of these cultural references and discuss its relevances to Tibetan culture in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the difference between the way westerners cope with death to the way Tibetans cope with death?
2) Choose either western and Tibetan culture and discuss why they cope with death like they do.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)