|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tseten not want to go to a nearby monetary?
2. What does Samten often let Sogyal borrow?
3. What was the name of Rinpoche's master?
4. What does Sogyal claim one in four Americans believe in?
5. What sacred lake does Kyentse visit in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dzogchen?
2. What is the View?
3. Why does Sogyal dedicate his book to his master?
4. Why does Khyentse chuckle when Tseten passes away?
5. How did Sogyal find the present moment?
6. How will people with pure vision see the world?
7. What does Sogyal claim fear of death comes from?
8. What does a person need at the point of death?
9. How is reincarnation related to the continuity of the mind?
10. What does the Dalai Lama introduce in his foreward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rinpoche's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the following statement and write a argument either in support or against. The author has no real understanding of the western world and therefore his criticism lacks conviction.
Essay Topic 3
1) How does Rinpoche think one should meditate? Is this a variation on other meditation techniques?
2) What is the main goal is of mediation? How are the techniques used in meditation supposed to help us achieve this goal?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)