|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rinpoche believe his master was the embodiment of?
2. What does the Dalai Lama state Rinpoche is a student of?
3. What did Buddha say that humankind repeats?
4. How does the Dalai Lama claim a person can minimize the consequences of death?
5. What does Dudjum say a civilized country builds for their living corpses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the View?
2. What does I mean?
3. What praise does the Dalai Lama give the author?
4. What does Sogyal state the dying are going through?
5. Describe the story Sogyal tells about the woman who visited Dudjom in New York.
6. What does the Dalai Lama introduce in his foreward?
7. Why does Khyentse chuckle when Tseten passes away?
8. What does the name Rinpoche mean?
9. How can one train the mind to meditate?
10. What attributes should a master have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the stories Rinpoche tells through the book.
1) Are the stories more symbolic than than they are true?
2) Choose one of the stories and discuss it's meaning in relation to Rinpoche's teachings.
Essay Topic 2
What is samsara? How can one get away from it to improve their life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rinpoche's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)