|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it customary not to do a dead body in Tibet for three days?
(a) Move it
(b) Look at it
(c) Bury it
(d) Touch it
2. Who should not be allowed at a dying person's bedside?
(b) Negative people
(d) Grieving loved ones
3. Who did Dorothy rely on while in hospital?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her best friend
(c) Her father
(d) Her master
4. What are the balls of light known as?
(b) Fire balls
5. Who does Sogyal say he admires?
(a) His master
(b) The bodhisattva
(c) His parents
(d) Servants of peace
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people say the blinding light is filled with?
2. What should one direct toward the deceased to help him or her?
3. What is every person's right to die with?
4. How does Sogyal improve their next life?
5. Name a practice that can lead to enlightenment in this bardo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does compassion relate to Buddhism?
2. How can one expand their lifespan?
3. How does Sogyal define compassion?
4. Why is the bardo of dharmata rarely discussed in Tibeten Buddhism?
5. What is included in appendix one.
6. What is the sleeping lion position?
7. How can one transform their pain when watching a loved one dying?
8. What does Sogyal hope his book will achieve?
9. Describe the first story Sogyal tells in this chapter.
10. What have those people who have experienced death or near death reported about it?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)