|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sogyal say can avert death?
(a) A master's love
(b) A lifetime of prayer
(c) A lifetime of good karma
(d) Deep breathing
2. Who did one monk do as the Chinese led him to his death?
(d) Experience near death
3. What does Sogyal define at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Unconditional love
4. What is the radiance of energy known as?
5. Who does Sogyal dedicate the book to?
(a) People looking for better lives
(c) Those who perished in Tibet
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a source of extremely high negative karma?
2. What is every person's right to die with?
3. What is Tonglen?
4. What does Sogyal discuss in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is not something someone should really let go of before they die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.
2. What happens during the first few weeks of someone's death?
3. How does Sogyal define compassion?
4. Describe the four levels of consciousness during inner dissolution?
5. What have those people who have experienced death or near death reported about it?
6. Describe David Bohn's theory?
7. How does compassion relate to Buddhism?
8. What is tantric buddhism?
9. Describe Sogyal's master's death.
10. How can a person help someone who is dying?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)