|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a primary aspect?
(c) Actions done in life
(d) Positve thoughts
2. What is the name of the second phase of the bardo of dharmata?
(a) The Union of Mind
(b) The Living Death
(c) The Light Source
(d) The Union of Deities
3. What is the first phase of the bardo of dharmata?
(a) The Union of Deities
(b) The Landscape of Light
(c) The Portrait of Light
4. What can compassion lead the dying to?
(a) A spiritual path
(c) An good afterlife
(d) Lucidity of thought
5. What does Sogyal define at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Unconditional love
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a source of extremely high negative karma?
2. What does Sogyal begin this chapter by discussing?
3. Who else does Sogyal say one must assist during this process?
4. What is Tonglen?
5. What does Sogyal wish that no humans would fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the de lok?
2. Summarize The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.
3. What happens during the first few weeks of someone's death?
4. How does Sogyal state we assist the dying?
5. What is Ground Luminosity?
6. What is included in appendix one.
7. How can one transform their pain when watching a loved one dying?
8. What does Sogyal hope his book will achieve?
9. Describe the first story Sogyal tells in this chapter.
10. What happens to the dead when the elements return?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)