|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dalai Lama see death as?
(a) The beginning of a person's life
(c) A natural, acceptable process
2. What does Sogyal say can lighten an atmosphere when a person is dying?
3. What does Sogyal state the dying are being challenged?
(a) Their past lives
4. What does mindfullness defuse?
(b) Self hatred
(d) Negativity and aggression
5. What part of Tibet is Sogyal traveling through at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The Tibetan mountains
(b) The western highlands
(c) The eastern highlands
(d) The capital city
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory does Sogyal recount about his master?
2. What does a student have to achieved to move on to the View?
3. What does the pursuit of material items lead to?
4. How does the frog die?
5. What is Dzogchen Tantras a guide to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sogyal claim fear of death comes from?
2. What attributes should a master have?
3. What does I mean?
4. Describe the story Sogyal tells about Krisha Gotami.
5. How is reincarnation related to the continuity of the mind?
6. What does a person need at the point of death?
7. What does the name Rinpoche mean?
8. How does Sogyal suggest we can overcome negative feelings about someone when we see them dying?
9. What was Sogyul's relationship with Samten?
10. What praise does the Dalai Lama give the author?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)