|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rinpoche do at he age of six months?
(a) Made a cake
(b) Entered the monastry
(d) Said Buddha
2. What does mindfullness defuse?
(a) Negativity and aggression
(c) Self hatred
3. What is the View used to see?
(a) The afterlife
(b) A person's previous life
(d) The absolute state
4. What does Sogyal say is the purpose of life?
(a) To marry and have children
(b) To find happiness
(c) To find enlightenment
(d) To live a good life
5. What does the Dalai Lama see death as?
(c) A natural, acceptable process
(d) The beginning of a person's life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second certainly of death?
2. Name one of the attributes a master should have?
3. What is good in the middle?
4. Which of the following is not one of the four Bardos?
5. What does the Dalai Lama hope Sogyal can offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sogyal suggest we can overcome negative feelings about someone when we see them dying?
2. What did Buddha learn about meditation?
3. How is reincarnation related to the continuity of the mind?
4. What is the Dalai Lama's views on death?
5. What was Sogyul's relationship with Samten?
6. What proof does Sogyal offer that there is reincarnation?
7. What does the Dalai Lama introduce in his foreward?
8. What are the two certainties of death?
9. What does Sogyal state the dying are going through?
10. What does Sogyol point out is the meaning of Dudjom's story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)