|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can compassion lead the dying to?
(a) Lucidity of thought
(b) A spiritual path
(d) An good afterlife
2. What is Bodhicitta?
(a) The opening of one's heart
(b) An instrument of compassion
(c) The wish of the enlightened mind.
(d) A tantra
3. What practice does Sogyal recommend?
4. Who should not be allowed at a dying person's bedside?
(b) Negative people
(d) Grieving loved ones
5. What is absolute nature known as?
6. Who are the people who experience near death accompanied by?
(a) The Lord of Death
(b) A deity
(c) A winged lion
(d) A guardian angel
7. What is one convinced of during the first few weeks of this bardo?
(a) He or she has been buried alive
(b) He or she is bored
(c) He or she is still alive
(d) He or she has been promoted to heaven
8. What is the de lok witness?
(a) The judgement of the dead
(b) The transportation of souls
(c) Pure love
9. What is appendix 2 called?
(a) Marriage for Happiness
(b) Heavenly Murder
(c) Questions about Death
(d) Answers Are For Those Who Die
10. Which of the following is a primary aspect?
(b) Positve thoughts
(d) Actions done in life
11. What does one do during the Landscape of Light?
(a) Falls unconscious
(b) Laugh continously
(c) Takes on a body of pure light
(d) Feel nothing, but positivity
12. What does those who died in suffering relive on the seventh day?
(a) Their birth
(b) Their suffering
(c) Their worst moment
(d) Their best moment
13. Name one of the teachers Sogyal looks at in appendix 1?
(a) Dudjom Rinpoche
(b) Dingo Kayete Dilshan
(c) Jimyong Kyamy
(d) Lordrtz Joipier
14. Which religion has a threefold vision of God?
15. How does Sogyal improve their next life?
(b) Dying surrounded by loved ones
(d) Dying in a positive state of mind
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something someone should really let go of before they die?
2. What is the radiance of energy known as?
3. What does the opening of one's heart allow for?
4. What is the name of the second phase of the bardo of dharmata?
5. What does Sogyal say can avert death?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)