|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bardo does Sogyal explain in this chapter?
(a) The bardo of dying
(b) The bardo of thinking
(c) The bardo of loving
(d) The bardo of living
2. Name one type of death Sogyal mentions?
(b) Premature death
(d) A positive death
3. What does those who died in suffering relive on the seventh day?
(a) Their best moment
(b) Their birth
(c) Their suffering
(d) Their worst moment
4. What is the mantra of compassion?
(a) Vaira Guru Padma
(b) Om ah hum
(c) Siddhi hum
(d) Om Mani Padme hum
5. What bardo does Sogyal discuss in this chapter?
(a) The bardo of being
(b) The bardo of seeing
(c) The bardo of becoming
(d) The bardo of fun
6. Who did one monk do as the Chinese led him to his death?
(d) Experience near death
7. What is the de lok witness?
(a) Pure love
(b) The judgement of the dead
(d) The transportation of souls
8. What does a person need to know to avoid suffering?
(b) Unconditional love
(c) Who his loved one's are.
(d) The process of dying
9. Who are the people who experience near death accompanied by?
(a) A deity
(b) The Lord of Death
(c) A winged lion
(d) A guardian angel
10. What is it customary not to do a dead body in Tibet for three days?
(a) Bury it
(b) Look at it
(c) Touch it
(d) Move it
11. What is the first appendix called?
(a) My Second Life
(b) My Life
(d) My Teachers
12. What does Sogyal wish that no humans would fear?
(c) Life and death
13. How does Sogyal improve their next life?
(c) Dying surrounded by loved ones
(d) Dying in a positive state of mind
14. Who does Sogyal dedicate the book to?
(a) Those who perished in Tibet
(c) People looking for better lives
15. What is every person's right to die with?
(a) Loved ones
(b) Spiritual assistance
(d) Lucidity of thought
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a primary aspect?
2. What does Sogyal recommend reading to the dead?
3. Name one thing that a person who has experienced death has felt?
4. What does the opening of one's heart allow for?
5. How does Sogyal want everyone to die?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)