|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did one monk do as the Chinese led him to his death?
(c) Experience near death
2. What have some people dismissed near death experiences as?
(d) Chemical reactions
3. Why had Khysentse and Sogyal traveled to Sikkim?
(a) To buy a new monastry
(b) China had invaded Tibet
(c) To visit Buddha's grave
(d) Khysentse had fallen ill
4. What do relatives need to remain if they want to stay at the bedside of a dying loved one?
(c) Happy and smiling
5. What do people say the blinding light is filled with?
(c) Dead people
(d) White noise
6. What can compassion lead the dying to?
(a) A spiritual path
(b) An good afterlife
(d) Lucidity of thought
7. Who else does Sogyal say one must assist during this process?
(a) Poor people
(b) The guardian angel
(c) The bereaved
(d) The deceased's children
8. What is the first phase of the bardo of dharmata?
(a) The Portrait of Light
(c) The Union of Deities
(d) The Landscape of Light
9. Who should not be allowed at a dying person's bedside?
(a) Negative people
(b) Grieving loved ones
10. Name one thing a person can transform pain into?
(a) A sense of purpose
(b) Emotional richness
(c) Positive energy
11. Who does Sogyal say he admires?
(a) His parents
(b) His master
(c) Servants of peace
(d) The bodhisattva
12. Name one thing that a person who has experienced death has felt?
(b) A weightlessness
(c) A lack of pain
(d) Continuous laughter
13. What does Sogyal stress the need to do with one's pain?
(a) Take it over with positive thoughts
(b) Breathe it out
(c) Dedicate it to the benefit of others in pain
(d) Spread it evenly though the body
14. Name one type of death Sogyal mentions?
(a) Premature death
(b) A positive death
15. Who passes judgment after the battle for salvation?
(a) The red devil
(b) The Lord of Death
(d) The Lord of the After Life
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy suffer from in the first story?
2. What is Tonglen?
3. Who did Dorothy rely on while in hospital?
4. What does a master pray for when someone dies?
5. What is every person's right to die with?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)