|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sogyal discuss in this chapter?
(a) Ground Luminosity
(b) The importance of family
(c) Clear Light
(d) Dying alone
2. Who does Sogyal dedicate the book to?
(a) Those who perished in Tibet
(c) People looking for better lives
3. Name one of the teachers Sogyal looks at in appendix 1?
(a) Dudjom Rinpoche
(b) Dingo Kayete Dilshan
(c) Jimyong Kyamy
(d) Lordrtz Joipier
4. What is one convinced of during the first few weeks of this bardo?
(a) He or she has been promoted to heaven
(b) He or she is still alive
(c) He or she has been buried alive
(d) He or she is bored
5. What does one need to cleanse during Phowa?
(a) Attitudes towards death
(b) An angry spirit
(c) Negative karma
6. Why don't the Tibetans move a dead body for three days?
(a) To give the deseased maximum time to rest in their mind
(b) So not to shock the dead person before he leaves his body
(c) To allow for an exchange of souls
(d) So everyone can see the body
7. What do people say the blinding light is filled with?
(c) Dead people
(d) White noise
8. Who are the people who experience near death accompanied by?
(a) The Lord of Death
(b) A winged lion
(c) A deity
(d) A guardian angel
9. What must one experience every seven days during this bardo?
(b) Their life highlights
10. What does a person need to know to avoid suffering?
(a) Unconditional love
(b) The process of dying
(c) Who his loved one's are.
11. Which bardo does Sogyal explain in this chapter?
(a) The bardo of dying
(b) The bardo of thinking
(c) The bardo of loving
(d) The bardo of living
12. What does the first practice in Phowa involve?
13. What is the inner dissolution?
(b) Where thought and emotion decease.
(c) Calmness during meditation
(d) The process of dissolving negative thoughts
14. Who does Sogyal say he admires?
(a) Servants of peace
(b) His master
(c) His parents
(d) The bodhisattva
15. What is the name of the second phase of the bardo of dharmata?
(a) The Union of Deities
(b) The Light Source
(c) The Living Death
(d) The Union of Mind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sogyal wish that no humans would fear?
2. Whose death does Sogyal describe in this chapter?
3. What does Sogyal stress the need to do with one's pain?
4. What practice does Sogyal recommend?
5. What does Rick take responsibility for?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)