|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Arthur Flowerdew from?
(a) New Zealand
2. Which of the following does Soyal not say comes from the fear of death?
(a) The unknown
(b) A passion for life
(c) Knowledge of one's self
(d) Over eating
3. What does Rinpoche state his master treated him like?
(a) A slave
(b) A person
(c) His son
(d) An animal
4. What does the Dalai Lama state Rinpoche is a student of?
(a) Eastern education
(c) Western education
5. What is the capital of Tibet?
6. What does the pursuit of material items lead to?
(a) Brain damage
(c) A monotonous life
(d) A loss of soul
7. What was Kamalijit convinced she was killed by?
(a) A lion
(b) A tornado
(c) A bus
(d) A hyena
8. What religion is Rinpoche a student of?
9. What does Sogyal state can help remove pain?
(d) Unconditional love
10. How does the frog die?
(a) His head explodes
(b) He is shot
(c) He dies of old age
(d) He overdoses
11. What is each step in life known as?
12. Name one of the attributes a master should have?
13. What part of Tibet is Sogyal traveling through at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The capital city
(b) The Tibetan mountains
(c) The eastern highlands
(d) The western highlands
14. What is good in the middle?
(a) Finding Buddhism in middle age.
(b) The period before a person becomes a slave to materialism
(c) The state of mind during meditation
(d) A good marraige
15. What does Sogyal say that in Buddhist faith is in the mind only?
(a) Life and death
(b) Material needs
(c) Sexual activity
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sogyal state is a similar process to sleeping?
2. What is the name of Master Khyentse's attendant?
3. What is the View used to see?
4. What does a student have to achieved to move on to the View?
5. What is the English word for bardos?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)