|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word Rinpoche mean?
(a) Special one
(b) Sublime death
(c) Precious one
(d) Loving spoonful
2. What does Rinpoche discuss in this chapter?
(a) His friends
(b) His childhood
(c) His previous life
(d) His faith
3. Which of the following does Soyal not say comes from the fear of death?
(a) A passion for life
(b) The unknown
(c) Knowledge of one's self
(d) Over eating
4. What does sem mean in English?
(a) Calm mind
(b) The nature of mind
(d) The ordinary mind
5. Name one of the attributes a master should have?
6. What had Krish Gotami lost in Sogyal's story?
(a) Her car
(b) Her child
(c) Her dog
(d) Her rabbit
7. What is each step in life known as?
8. What does the Dalai Lama see death as?
(a) A natural, acceptable process
(d) The beginning of a person's life
9. What does Sogyal think people should stop focusing on?
(a) The past
(b) The future
(c) Material possessions
(d) The now
10. What is the second certainly of death?
(a) One is unable to determine when he or she will die
(b) One meet Buddha
(c) One will find out the truth
(d) One will die
11. What was the city in Arthur's mind?
12. What country was Rinpoche born in?
13. What does Sogyal state the dying are being challenged?
(a) Their past lives
14. How can one overcome negative feelings when watching someone dying?
(a) By meditating
(b) By praying
(c) By thinking about reincarnation
(d) By placing one's self into their shoes
15. Who does the Dalai Lama praise as a master of the Tibetan tradition?
(a) Sogyal Rinpoche
(d) John Lennon
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Sogya give for Arthur remembering the city?
2. What does Sogyal view the western ideas towards death as?
3. What should one see their master as in order to receive full benefits of his teachings?
4. What does a person need to do before true communication with a dying loved one can begin?
5. What does Dudjum say a civilized country builds for their living corpses?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)