|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sogyal state people should focus on?
2. Who is Khandro?
(a) An evil spirit
(b) A demi god
(c) A great female master
(d) Buddha's wife
3. What does Sogyal state is a similar process to sleeping?
(a) Watching television
4. What is the capital of Tibet?
5. What is good in the middle?
(a) Finding Buddhism in middle age.
(b) The period before a person becomes a slave to materialism
(c) A good marraige
(d) The state of mind during meditation
6. What does the Dalai Lama state Rinpoche is a student of?
(b) Eastern education
(c) Western education
7. What is the ground for the ordinary mind the foundation for?
8. What is the second authenticity?
(a) The blessing of an authentic master
(b) The devotion of a student
(c) The presence of enlightenment
(d) A love of life
9. What does sem mean in English?
(a) The nature of mind
(b) The ordinary mind
(c) Calm mind
10. What does the word Rinpoche mean?
(a) Precious one
(b) Special one
(c) Sublime death
(d) Loving spoonful
11. What other character is also dying in this opening chapter?
(c) Lama Tseten
(d) Kandro Tsering
12. Who does the Dalai Lama praise as a master of the Tibetan tradition?
(c) John Lennon
(d) Sogyal Rinpoche
13. Which of the following is not one of the four Bardos?
(a) The painful bardo of dying
(b) The natural bardo of life
(c) The luminous bardo of dharmata
(d) The mechanical Bardo of materialism
14. Where is Sogyal traveling to?
(a) Western Tibet
(b) Central Tibet
(d) Eastern Tibet
15. What does Soyal see Tsetsen as?
(a) A best friend
(b) A father figure
(c) A brother
(d) A grandfather figure
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second certainly of death?
2. What part of Tibet is Sogyal traveling through at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Name one thing the gods do in the god realm?
4. What does Mtz g' translate to?
5. What does Sogyal state the dying are being challenged?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)