|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman claim the spheres are that make up the three-body problem model in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
2. What warning is repeated several times in the first message that Ye Wenjie receives from an extraterrestrial in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
3. Who is discovered to have been murdered in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
4. What word from Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base" means to make an idea or cause widely known?
5. Who confirms that there are records from previous civilizations to support the concept of three suns in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"f?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Ye Wenjie begin sending messages to space? What response does she receive?
2. What three bodies does Ye Wenjie use to try to work out the three-body problem in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
3. Why does Ye Wenjie not visit her mother after leaving the Red Coast Base?
4. What happens at the conclusion of Wang's session playing the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
5. What argument does Cheng describe overhearing between Pan Han and his wife in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
6. How are the Stable Eras and Chaotic Eras on Trisolaris explained in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
7. Why does Ye Wenjie choose to respond to the message she receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
8. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
9. How does Pan Han explain the purpose of the Three Body game in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
10. Who is present when Wang arrives for the Three Body player meeting in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Stable Eras and the Chaotic Eras on Trisolaris. What causes each of these eras to occur? What attempts are made at predicting the eras? What are the impacts of each passing era?
Essay Topic 2
What is the cosmic microwave background? What composes the cosmic microwave background? Why is this significant in the plot of The Three-Body Problem?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dynamics of the Earth-Trisolaris Movement. Who formed this movement? What different factions break off within the movement? What do each of these factions believe?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)