|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon did Wei Cheng's wife threaten to kill him with if he did not stop his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
2. Who is Shen Yufei's husband?
3. Where is the Mount Wilson Observatory located?
4. What does Ye Wenjie begin doing with the locals near the base of the Red Coast in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
5. What do the second and third suns appear to be from a distance in the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ye Wenjie's discovery involving "energy mirrors" mean for her work in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
2. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
3. What does Wei Cheng reveal about his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
4. How does Pan Han explain the purpose of the Three Body game in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
5. What is described as one of the biggest challenges for the Red Coast Base in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
6. When does Ye Wenjie begin sending messages to space? What response does she receive?
7. What argument does Cheng describe overhearing between Pan Han and his wife in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
8. What does Ye Wenjie confess in the transcripts from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
9. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
10. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme exploring the uniting of mankind by a common enemy. Why do many of the characters in The Three-Body Problem believe that humankind will be united by the arrival of the Trisolarans? Do you agree with this concept? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Ye Wenjie in The Three-Body Problem. How old is Ye Wenjie when her character is introduced? What events impact Ye Wenjie's character and her actions? How does her character evolve by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events surrounding the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution in China. What led up to the revolution? What events of the revolution does the author describe in the beginning of the novel? How do these events set the mood for the story?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)