|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years go by with Evans working to confirm the truths of Ye Wenjie's story in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
2. How old are three of the four girls that killed Ye Wenjie's father when she tracks them down in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
3. What planet's rotation swings are discussed as observed from the Mount Wilson Observatory in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
4. When did Ye Wenjie begin testing on strengthening transmissions from Earth by using the sun, according to the narrative in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
5. What term does Mike Evans use to describe his support for animal rights in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting of the Three Body world described when Wang logs on in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
2. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
3. Why does Ye Wenjie choose to respond to the message she receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
4. What is revealed in the extraterrestrial message Ye Wenjie receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
5. What happens after Shi Qiang barges in on the meeting in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
6. What is described as one of the biggest challenges for the Red Coast Base in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
7. Who is present when Wang arrives for the Three Body player meeting in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
8. What argument does Cheng describe overhearing between Pan Han and his wife in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
9. Who builds the Second Red Coast Base? Why?
10. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Wang Miao in the novel. What is Wang's area of focus? How does Wang become involved in the mysteries of the missing academics? How does Wang's character change in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of betrayal in The Three-Body Problem. What characters commit betrayals and why? How does the author explore this theme through symbolism and imagery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's exploration of history in The Three-Body Problem. What are some historical figures that appear in the novel? Why do they appear? How is history explored thematically?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)