|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what district does Wang Miao go to meet the other players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
2. What position does Mike Evans grant to Ye Wenjie in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
3. When did the name "three-body problem" begin to be commonly used?
4. What does Ye Wenjie begin doing with the locals near the base of the Red Coast in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
5. When do the individuals who killed Ye Wenjie's father say their idealism faded in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
2. What happens as a result of the gate computing system in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
3. How are the Stable Eras and Chaotic Eras on Trisolaris explained in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
4. What happens after Shi Qiang barges in on the meeting in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
5. How does Pan Han explain the purpose of the Three Body game in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
6. What does Ye Wenjie's discovery involving "energy mirrors" mean for her work in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
7. How is the setting of the Three Body world described when Wang logs on in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
8. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
9. What does Wei Cheng reveal about his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
10. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Ye Wenjie in The Three-Body Problem. How old is Ye Wenjie when her character is introduced? What events impact Ye Wenjie's character and her actions? How does her character evolve by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrative and language styles in The Three-Body Problem. How well do you think the translator brings the story to life in English? What are your impressions of the technical language in the novel? How poetic is the language?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events surrounding the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution in China. What led up to the revolution? What events of the revolution does the author describe in the beginning of the novel? How do these events set the mood for the story?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)