|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shen Yufei's husband?
2. Who is attempting to break up the dual when Wang enters the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
3. Who is the computer specialist from the Information Security Division that is introduced in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
4. What is Ye Wenjie's respons when Wang Miao asks her why the Lord is so afraid of nanotechnology in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
5. What position does Mike Evans grant to Ye Wenjie in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pan Han explain the purpose of the Three Body game in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
2. What happens at the conclusion of Wang's session playing the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
3. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
4. Who builds the Second Red Coast Base? Why?
5. What is happening when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
6. How do the circumstances at the Red Coast Base change when the new commander arrives in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
7. Who is present when Wang arrives for the Three Body player meeting in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
8. What happens after Shi Qiang barges in on the meeting in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
9. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
10. When does Ye Wenjie begin sending messages to space? What response does she receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrative and language styles in The Three-Body Problem. How well do you think the translator brings the story to life in English? What are your impressions of the technical language in the novel? How poetic is the language?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Ye Wenjie taken to the Red Coast Base? What leads her to work at the base? What kind of work does she do on the base?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme exploring the uniting of mankind by a common enemy. Why do many of the characters in The Three-Body Problem believe that humankind will be united by the arrival of the Trisolarans? Do you agree with this concept? Why or why not?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)