|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Mount Wilson Observatory to have more natural steady air than any location in North America?
2. Where does Ye Wenjie go to work after the Red Coast Base closes?
3. For what animal is Mike Evans planting trees when he is encountered by Ye Wenjie in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
4. When did Ye Wenjie begin testing on strengthening transmissions from Earth by using the sun, according to the narrative in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
5. How many stable configurations has Wei Cheng's algorithm uncovered for the three bodies, according to the narrative in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
2. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
3. What does Ye Wenjie's discovery involving "energy mirrors" mean for her work in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
4. What argument does Cheng describe overhearing between Pan Han and his wife in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
5. How are the Stable Eras and Chaotic Eras on Trisolaris explained in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
6. What is described as one of the biggest challenges for the Red Coast Base in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
7. Who builds the Second Red Coast Base? Why?
8. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
9. Why does Ye Wenjie choose to respond to the message she receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
10. What is revealed in the extraterrestrial message Ye Wenjie receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme exploring the uniting of mankind by a common enemy. Why do many of the characters in The Three-Body Problem believe that humankind will be united by the arrival of the Trisolarans? Do you agree with this concept? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Professor Ye Zhetai and the events that occur surrounding him in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years." Why is Ye Zehai being persecuted? Who is persecuting him? How do these events impact Ye Wenjie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters and the relationships of Ying Di, Yang Dong, and Ye Wenjie. What connects these characters? What relationships do these characters have with Wang Miao?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)