|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman claim the spheres are that make up the three-body problem model in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
(a) Radio transmitters.
(b) Nuclear bombs.
2. For what animal is Mike Evans planting trees when he is encountered by Ye Wenjie in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
(a) For the kakapo.
(b) For the northwestern brown swallow.
(c) For the Bengal Florican.
(d) For the New Caledonian Owlet-nightjar.
3. When did the name "three-body problem" begin to be commonly used?
(a) THe 1820s.
(b) The 1550s.
(c) The 1740s.
(d) The 1620s.
4. In what industry is Mike Evans's father said to work in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
(a) In the timber industry.
(b) In the gold industry.
(c) In the coal industry.
(d) In the oil industry.
5. Where two historically important telescopes are contained at the Mount Wilson Observatory?
(a) The Kopernik-500 telescope and the Giotto telescope.
(b) The Giotto telescope and the 60-inche telescope.
(c) The Hooker telescope and the 60-inch telescope.
(d) The OAO C telescope and the Magellan telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the second and third suns appear to be from a distance in the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
2. With whom does Wei Cheng describe his wife having argued with in the past in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
3. At whose office does Wang Miao meet the computer specialist from the Information Security Division and Shen Yufei's husband in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
4. What is the position of the man that Ye Wenjie's mother marries after the Cultural Revolution?
5. When did Ye Wenjie begin testing on strengthening transmissions from Earth by using the sun, according to the narrative in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Ye Wenjie begin sending messages to space? What response does she receive?
2. What does Ye Wenjie's discovery involving "energy mirrors" mean for her work in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
3. What is described as one of the biggest challenges for the Red Coast Base in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
4. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
5. Why does Ye Wenjie not visit her mother after leaving the Red Coast Base?
6. What happens at the conclusion of Wang's session playing the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
7. What does Ye Wenjie confess in the transcripts from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
8. What three bodies does Ye Wenjie use to try to work out the three-body problem in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
9. How do the circumstances at the Red Coast Base change when the new commander arrives in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
10. Why does Ye Wenjie choose to respond to the message she receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)