|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time period has Wang Miao arrived when he plays the Three Body game in the beginning of Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
(a) The Bronze Age.
(b) The Xia dynasty.
(c) The Shang dynasty.
(d) The European High Middle Ages.
2. Who set China's Cultural Revolution into place?
(a) President Xi Jinping.
(b) Chairman Mao Zedong.
(c) Emperor Fuxi.
(d) Emperor Youchao.
3. What civilization comes to an end in the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Civilization 99.
(b) Civilization 184.
(c) Civilization 116.
(d) Civilization 192.
4. What term refers to temporary phenomena on the photosphere of the sun making areas appear dark?
(d) Helium deposits.
5. Who invented the Marine chronometer?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) John Harrison.
(d) Rachel Carson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the coffee shop where Wang goes to meet the other players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
2. What is the planet that is the focus in the Three Body game?
3. In what vehicle does the assassin escape in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
4. How many years go by with Evans working to confirm the truths of Ye Wenjie's story in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
5. For what animal is Mike Evans planting trees when he is encountered by Ye Wenjie in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
2. When does Ye Wenjie begin sending messages to space? What response does she receive?
3. Why does Ye Wenjie choose to respond to the message she receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
4. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
5. How do the circumstances at the Red Coast Base change when the new commander arrives in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
6. What is happening when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
7. Why does Ye Wenjie not visit her mother after leaving the Red Coast Base?
8. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
9. Who builds the Second Red Coast Base? Why?
10. How is the setting of the Three Body world described when Wang logs on in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)