|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mike Evans's father leave him when he dies?
(a) $6.5 billion.
(b) $4.5 billion.
(c) $2 billion.
(d) $2.5 billion.
2. Who is attempting to break up the dual when Wang enters the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Von Neumann.
(b) Xu Bingbing.
(c) John Harrison.
3. Who invented the Marine chronometer?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) John Harrison.
(d) Rachel Carson.
4. Where was Copernicus born?
(b) Royal Prussia.
(c) Great Britain.
5. What two elements compose the majority of the sun?
(a) Hydrogen and helium.
(b) Iron and helium.
(c) Helium and oxygen.
(d) Hydrogen and oxygen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gottfried Leibniz live?
2. On what date does Ye Wenjie confess to having killed two people in the document from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
3. What is the gate computing system named in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
4. How does Ye Wenjie describe having killed two people in the transcript from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
5. During what years did the Cultural Revolution take place in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cheng say he is being threatened in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
2. What does Wei Cheng reveal about his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
3. How is the setting of the Three Body world described when Wang logs on in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
4. Why does Ye Wenjie claim the Lord is afraid of nanotechnology in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
5. Who is present when Wang arrives for the Three Body player meeting in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
6. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
7. How do the circumstances at the Red Coast Base change when the new commander arrives in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
8. How are the Stable Eras and Chaotic Eras on Trisolaris explained in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
9. What does Ye Wenjie's discovery involving "energy mirrors" mean for her work in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
10. When does Ye Wenjie begin sending messages to space? What response does she receive?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)