|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Mount Wilson Observatory located?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
2. Who invented the Marine chronometer?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) John Harrison.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) Rachel Carson.
3. When did Leonardo da Vinci live?
(c) 540-500 BC.
4. Where two historically important telescopes are contained at the Mount Wilson Observatory?
(a) The Kopernik-500 telescope and the Giotto telescope.
(b) The OAO C telescope and the Magellan telescope.
(c) The Hooker telescope and the 60-inch telescope.
(d) The Giotto telescope and the 60-inche telescope.
5. Who is Shen Yufei's husband?
(a) Wei Cheng.
(b) Bai Mulin.
(c) Cheng Lihua.
(d) Yan Weining.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Copernicus live?
2. What does a woman claim the spheres are that make up the three-body problem model in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
3. Where was Copernicus born?
4. What is the mean radius of the Earth's sun?
5. During what years did the Cultural Revolution take place in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is present when Wang arrives for the Three Body player meeting in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
2. What does Wei Cheng reveal about his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
3. How are the Stable Eras and Chaotic Eras on Trisolaris explained in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
4. Why does Ye Wenjie claim the Lord is afraid of nanotechnology in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
5. What setting is established when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
6. Who builds the Second Red Coast Base? Why?
7. What is revealed in the extraterrestrial message Ye Wenjie receives in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
8. What happens as a result of the gate computing system in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
9. What three bodies does Ye Wenjie use to try to work out the three-body problem in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
10. What is discovered at Wei Cheng's house in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)