|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has implicated Ye Wenjie for writing a letter that promotes anti-socialist ideals in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) Cheng Lihua.
(b) Shao Lin.
(c) Bai Mulin.
(d) Ruan Wen.
2. Where does Ye Wenjie awaken in the beginning of Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) On a helicopter.
(b) At her father's house.
(c) At the school.
(d) Inside the Red Coast Base.
3. What does "WMAP" stand for in the narrative?
(a) Watson Microwave Astral Probe.
(b) Waterson Microwave Astrophysics Probe.
(c) Wangfujing Microwave Astrophysics Probe.
(d) Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe.
4. Who holds Ye Wenjie back when she tries to save her father in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Two janitors.
5. When does the narrator describe the implementation of the OZMAII plan in Chapter 13, "Red Coast III"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the base chief engineer who introduces himself to Ye Wenjie in the beginning of Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
2. At the National Astronomical Center at the Space Observation Center, Sha Ruishan examines data from three satellites. When was the COBE launched, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
3. What is the furniture made of that Wang examines at Ye Wenjie's home in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
4. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 1, "The Madness Years": "Their red flags fluttered restlessly around the brigade building like flames yearning for firewood"?
5. To what team is Ye Wenjie transferred that picks up and analyzes radio signals in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ye Wenjie go after her father's death? Why?
2. What setting is described when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
3. What has happened to Ye Wenjie's daughter in the novel?
4. Who is Ye Zhetai? What is his character's importance in The Three-Body Problem?
5. Who is Shao Lin and what is revealed about her character in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
6. Where is Ye Wenjie taken by helicopter in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"? Why?
7. What setting is established in Chapter 4, “The Frontiers of Science"? How much time has passed as Part II: "Three-Body" begins?
8. When did the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution take place? Why is it important in The Three-Body Problem?
9. Why does Wang Miao visit Ye Wenjie's home in Chapter 8, “Ye Wenjie”?
10. What information does Cheng Lihua try to get from Ye Wenjie while she is jailed?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)