|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the source of the papers that are presented to Ye Wenjie in jail in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(b) Ruan Wen.
(d) Shao Lin.
2. What types of centers does Captain Shi Qiang describe all around the world and working together in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
(a) Battle Command Centers.
(b) Research Command Centers.
(c) Government Command Centers.
(d) Astral Command Centers.
3. What does "NATO" stand for?
(a) The National Astrophysics Treaty Organization.
(b) The North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
(c) The National Academy for Technological Order.
(d) The Nuclear Alternatives Testing Organization.
4. When was the book Silent Spring published?
5. Who launched the Planck satellite, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
(a) The European Space Agency.
(b) The United States Space Agency.
(c) The Russian Space Agency.
(d) The Chinese Space Agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Shi Qiang admit to Wang Miao in the beginning of Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
2. Ye Wenjie discovers in college that it is useless to excel at theory without what in astrophysics?
3. At the National Astronomical Center at the Space Observation Center, Sha Ruishan examines data from three satellites. When was the COBE launched, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
4. Who is the author of the book Silent Spring?
5. In what year was the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, according to the narrator in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is established in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"? What has brought Ye Wenjie to this location?
2. Where does Ye Wenjie go after her father's death? Why?
3. What is the "microwave background" and how is it described in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
4. What subjects does Ye Wenjie study in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"? Why?
5. What information does Cheng Lihua try to get from Ye Wenjie while she is jailed?
6. What setting is established in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"? How is it described?
7. What happens when the Stable Era begins in the Three Body game in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
8. Describe the narrative style in The Three-Body Problem. Does the narrative style change in the course of the novel?
9. Who is Ye Zhetai? What is his character's importance in The Three-Body Problem?
10. Why does Ye Wenjie arrange for Wang to meet Sha Ruishan in Chapter 8, “Ye Wenjie”?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)