|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ye Wenjie's daughter that Wang comes to see her about in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
(a) Yang Dong.
(b) Ruan Wen.
(c) Shao Lin.
2. What was Wu Han's profession?
3. What gift does Ye Wenjie give to Wang Miao when he visits in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A feather pen.
(c) A harp.
(d) Ginseng tea.
4. For how long had the Red Union "been attacking the headquarters of the April Twenty-eighth Brigade" when Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" begins?
(a) For two weeks.
(b) For six days.
(c) For two days.
(d) For four days.
5. Who holds Ye Wenjie back when she tries to save her father in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Two janitors.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession held by Hai Mo?
2. What does "WMAP" stand for in the narrative?
3. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 1, "The Madness Years": "Their red flags fluttered restlessly around the brigade building like flames yearning for firewood"?
4. What was the profession of Fu Lei?
5. What are the May Seventh Cadre Schools described as in the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bai Mulin betray Ye Wenjie? Why does he betray her?
2. What information does Cheng Lihua try to get from Ye Wenjie while she is jailed?
3. What is revealed in the "Translator's Notes" in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
4. What imagery is described when Wang looks at the sky using the 3K glasses in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
5. What does Ye Wenjie remark about potential alien contact in Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV"?
6. What setting is described when Wang logs onto the Three Body game in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
7. What does Shi relate to Wang regarding the academic community in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
8. Where is Ye Wenjie taken by helicopter in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"? Why?
9. When did the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution take place? Why is it important in The Three-Body Problem?
10. Who is Ye Zhetai? What is his character's importance in The Three-Body Problem?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)