|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "WMAP" stand for in the narrative?
(a) Wangfujing Microwave Astrophysics Probe.
(b) Watson Microwave Astral Probe.
(c) Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe.
(d) Waterson Microwave Astrophysics Probe.
2. What year is established in China in the opening of Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
3. For how long had the Red Union "been attacking the headquarters of the April Twenty-eighth Brigade" when Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" begins?
(a) For two weeks.
(b) For two days.
(c) For four days.
(d) For six days.
4. Who is Ye Zhetai's wife in the narrative?
(a) Ye Wenjie.
(b) Cheng Lihua.
(c) Shao Lin.
(d) Ruan Wen.
5. From what belief system does the translator note the term "Monsters and Demons" is derived in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ye Wenjie's daughter that Wang comes to see her about in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
2. What does "NATO" stand for?
3. When did Einstein visit Shanghai, according to the narrative in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
4. What civilization is said to be lost when the scorching sun arrives in the game in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
5. To what team is Ye Wenjie transferred that picks up and analyzes radio signals in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Shao Lin and what is revealed about her character in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
2. What happens when the Stable Era begins in the Three Body game in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
3. What is revealed in the "Translator's Notes" in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
4. Who is Ye Zhetai? What is his character's importance in The Three-Body Problem?
5. Where is Ye Wenjie taken by helicopter in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"? Why?
6. Why does Ye Wenjie arrange for Wang to meet Sha Ruishan in Chapter 8, “Ye Wenjie”?
7. How does Bai Mulin betray Ye Wenjie? Why does he betray her?
8. Where does Ye Wenjie go after her father's death? Why?
9. What subjects does Ye Wenjie study in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"? Why?
10. What is the "microwave background" and how is it described in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)