|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Leonardo da Vinci live?
(b) 540-500 BC.
2. When did the name "three-body problem" begin to be commonly used?
(a) The 1620s.
(b) The 1550s.
(c) The 1740s.
(d) THe 1820s.
3. Where is the Mount Wilson Observatory located?
(a) London, England.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Paris, France.
4. What does the first extraterrestrial that contacts Ye Wenjie claim to be in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
(a) A pacifist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A researcher.
(d) A teacher.
5. With whom is Leibniz dueling in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(b) Emperor Qin Shi Huan.
(c) Von Neumann.
(d) Isaac Newton.
6. How many years go by with Evans working to confirm the truths of Ye Wenjie's story in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
7. What term does Mike Evans use to describe his support for animal rights in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
(a) "Pan-Species Culturalism."
(b) "Pan-Species Naturalism."
(c) "Pan-Species Idealism."
(d) "Pan-Species Communism."
8. For how many years does the narrator describe Ye Wenjie continuing her work peacefully in the beginning of Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
9. Where was Copernicus born?
(b) Great Britain.
(d) Royal Prussia.
10. What warning is repeated several times in the first message that Ye Wenjie receives from an extraterrestrial in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
(a) "Send help!"
(b) "Prepare for war!"
(c) "Reply immediately!"
(d) "Do not answer!"
11. To what district does Wang Miao go to meet the other players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
(a) The Lihua District.
(b) The Dongguan District.
(c) The Xicheng District.
(d) The Shenzhen District.
12. When did Gottfried Leibniz live?
13. What is the circumference of the Earth's sun?
(a) 2,713,406 miles.
(b) 362,450 miles.
(c) 982,450 miles.
(d) 1,632,402 miles.
14. How many stable configurations has Wei Cheng's algorithm uncovered for the three bodies, according to the narrative in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
(a) More than 100.
(b) More than 150.
(c) More than 250.
(d) More than 200.
15. What is Ye Wenjie's respons when Wang Miao asks her why the Lord is so afraid of nanotechnology in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
(a) Nanotechnology could lead humans to discover their planet.
(b) Nanotechnology could lead humans to more space construction.
(c) Nanotechnology could lead humans to the discovery time-continuums.
(d) Nanotechnology could lead humans to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attempting to break up the dual when Wang enters the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
2. How much money does Mike Evans's father leave him when he dies?
3. What word from Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base" means to make an idea or cause widely known?
4. What is the planet that is the focus in the Three Body game?
5. When did Copernicus live?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)