|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shen Yufei's husband?
(a) Bai Mulin.
(b) Wei Cheng.
(c) Yan Weining.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
2. What does the first extraterrestrial that contacts Ye Wenjie claim to be in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A researcher.
(c) A politician.
(d) A pacifist.
3. During what years did the Cultural Revolution take place in China?
4. Who is discovered to have been murdered in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
(a) Shen Yufei.
(b) Yang Dong.
(c) Yang Weining.
(d) Bai Mulin.
5. For how long is the gate computing system put into place in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) 16 months.
(d) Two months.
6. What is the gate computing system named in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(c) Qin 1.
(d) Clan 2.
7. When did Isaac Newton publish his "Principia"?
8. What two elements compose the majority of the sun?
(a) Hydrogen and oxygen.
(b) Hydrogen and helium.
(c) Helium and oxygen.
(d) Iron and helium.
9. When did Aristotle live?
(a) 322-299 BC.
(b) 450-400 BC.
(c) 540-500 BC.
(d) 384-322 BC.
10. What term refers to temporary phenomena on the photosphere of the sun making areas appear dark?
(a) Helium deposits.
11. What is the mean radius of the Earth's sun?
(a) 432,450 miles.
(b) 982,450 miles.
(c) 332,250 miles.
(d) 362,450 miles.
12. What word from Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base" means to make an idea or cause widely known?
13. What is the planet that is the focus in the Three Body game?
14. What is the name of the coffee shop where Wang goes to meet the other players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
(a) Dongguan Coffee Shop.
(b) Yunhe Coffee Shop.
(c) Wenxue Coffee Shop.
(d) Urumqi Coffee Shop.
15. Where is the Mount Wilson Observatory located?
(a) London, England.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Paris, France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mike Evans use to describe his support for animal rights in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
2. At whose office does Wang Miao meet the computer specialist from the Information Security Division and Shen Yufei's husband in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
3. What is Ye Wenjie's respons when Wang Miao asks her why the Lord is so afraid of nanotechnology in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
4. How old are three of the four girls that killed Ye Wenjie's father when she tracks them down in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
5. How does Ye Wenjie describe having killed two people in the transcript from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)