|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Mike Evans grant to Ye Wenjie in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
(a) Commander-in-Chief of the Earth-Trisolaris Movement.
(b) Commander-in-Chief of the Nanotechnology Research Department.
(c) Commander-in-Chief of the Battle Command Center.
(d) Commander-in-Chief of the Chinese Armed Forces.
2. With whom is Leibniz dueling in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Von Neumann.
(c) Emperor Qin Shi Huan.
3. During what time period has Wang Miao arrived when he plays the Three Body game in the beginning of Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
(a) The Shang dynasty.
(b) The Bronze Age.
(c) The Xia dynasty.
(d) The European High Middle Ages.
4. For what reason does the narrator describe Ye Wenjie accepting her marriage proposal in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
(a) Out of gratitude for his having taken her from her family.
(b) Out of fear for reprisal.
(c) Because her family forced her to marry.
(d) Out of gratitude in his having saved her life.
5. What civilization is said to have proven that there is no solution to the three-body problem in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
(a) Civilization 214.
(b) Civilization 132.
(c) Civilization 192.
(d) Civilization 111.
6. Where is the Mount Wilson Observatory located?
(a) London, England.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
7. What do the second and third suns appear to be from a distance in the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
(a) Vast planets.
(b) Shooting stars.
(d) Gaseous bodies.
8. Who is the organizer for the meeting of the Three Body players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
(a) Lei Dafeng.
(b) Pan Han.
(c) Xu Bingbing.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
9. What does a woman claim the spheres are that make up the three-body problem model in Chapter 24, "Rebellion"?
(b) Radio transmitters.
(c) Nuclear bombs.
10. When did Gottfried Leibniz live?
11. What term does Mike Evans use to describe his support for animal rights in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
(a) "Pan-Species Culturalism."
(b) "Pan-Species Idealism."
(c) "Pan-Species Naturalism."
(d) "Pan-Species Communism."
12. When did Leonardo da Vinci live?
(a) 540-500 BC.
13. When do the individuals who killed Ye Wenjie's father say their idealism faded in Chapter 26, "No One Repents"?
(a) When they were sent to the countryside.
(b) When they learned about nanotechnology research.
(c) When they were sent to the city.
(d) When they met American ambassadors.
14. What is the mean radius of the Earth's sun?
(a) 432,450 miles.
(b) 332,250 miles.
(c) 982,450 miles.
(d) 362,450 miles.
15. How many years go by with Evans working to confirm the truths of Ye Wenjie's story in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What model did Copernicus present of the universe?
2. What causes the Mount Wilson Observatory to have more natural steady air than any location in North America?
3. What pope does Wang meet in the Three Body game in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
4. On what date does Ye Wenjie confess to having killed two people in the document from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
5. What weapon did Wei Cheng's wife threaten to kill him with if he did not stop his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)