|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Leonardo da Vinci live?
(b) 540-500 BC.
2. Who confirms that there are records from previous civilizations to support the concept of three suns in Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"f?
(a) Yang Weining.
(b) Rachel Carson.
(c) Leonardo da Vinci.
(d) Yan Weining.
3. Where is the Mount Wilson Observatory located?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) London, England.
4. During what years did the Cultural Revolution take place in China?
5. Wei Cheng reveals that his research on the three-body problem is similar to what method in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
(a) The Turgensy Method.
(b) The Monte Carlo Method.
(c) The Einstein Method.
(d) The Prediction Method.
6. On what date does Ye Wenjie confess to having killed two people in the document from Chapter 25, "The Deaths of Lei Zhicheng and Yang Weining"?
(a) October 21, 1979.
(b) January 12, 1978.
(c) March 16, 1975.
(d) July 23, 1982.
7. When did Ye Wenjie begin testing on strengthening transmissions from Earth by using the sun, according to the narrative in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
8. What planet's rotation swings are discussed as observed from the Mount Wilson Observatory in Chapter 22, "Red Coast V"?
9. Where was Copernicus born?
(a) Great Britain.
(d) Royal Prussia.
10. How many troops does Emperor Qin Shi Huan order to participate in the gate computing system in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) 10 billion.
(b) 20 million.
(c) 30 billion.
(d) 30 million.
11. How much money does Mike Evans's father leave him when he dies?
(a) $4.5 billion.
(b) $2.5 billion.
(c) $2 billion.
(d) $6.5 billion.
12. What is the gate computing system named in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Clan 2.
(d) Qin 1.
13. What is the name of the coffee shop where Wang goes to meet the other players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
(a) Wenxue Coffee Shop.
(b) Urumqi Coffee Shop.
(c) Dongguan Coffee Shop.
(d) Yunhe Coffee Shop.
14. Who is Shen Yufei's husband?
(a) Bai Mulin.
(b) Wei Cheng.
(c) Cheng Lihua.
(d) Yan Weining.
15. What civilization comes to an end in the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Civilization 192.
(b) Civilization 99.
(c) Civilization 116.
(d) Civilization 184.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Great Pyramid been replaced with in the Three Body game in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
2. When does Mike Evans say the Trisolarans are due to arrive on Earth in Chapter 28, "The Second Red Coast Base"?
3. For what reason does the narrator describe Ye Wenjie accepting her marriage proposal in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
4. What is the circumference of the Earth's sun?
5. For how long is the gate computing system put into place in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)