|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: "Sunset for Humanity," Chapters 29-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field studies celestial objects at radio frequencies?
(b) Relativity astronomy.
(d) Radio astronomy.
2. What is the computer systems called that Ye Wenjie uses to keep an eye on enemy spacecraft and operations in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
3. Ye Wenjie discovers in college that it is useless to excel at theory without what in astrophysics?
(a) An understanding of ratios.
(b) Historical understanding.
(c) Experimental practice.
(d) Existential understanding.
4. What does the first extraterrestrial that contacts Ye Wenjie claim to be in Chapter 23, "Red Coast VI"?
(a) A pacifist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A researcher.
(d) A teacher.
5. What civilization is said to have proven that there is no solution to the three-body problem in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
(a) Civilization 111.
(b) Civilization 192.
(c) Civilization 132.
(d) Civilization 214.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has implicated Ye Wenjie for writing a letter that promotes anti-socialist ideals in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. Whom did Ye Wenjie marry?
3. What are the May Seventh Cadre Schools described as in the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
4. How many listeners, along with the original listeners, are dehydrated and burned after the first message is received in Chapter 32, "Trisolaris: The Listener"?
5. What does Captain Shi Qiang tell Wang he believes someone is working behind the scenes to accomplish in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)