|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: "Sunset for Humanity," Chapters 29-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the space observation center that is run by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Peking University's Joint Center for Astrophysics?
2. What is the circumference of the Earth's sun?
(a) 982,450 miles.
(b) 362,450 miles.
(c) 1,632,402 miles.
(d) 2,713,406 miles.
3. What does Captain Shi Qiang tell Wang he believes someone is working behind the scenes to accomplish in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
(a) To accelerate scientific research.
(b) To ruin scientific research.
(c) To undermine the government.
(d) To cause a world war.
4. What did Ye Wenjie study in college?
(a) Chinese literature.
(b) Chinese history.
5. What is Ye Zhetai's focus as a professor in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sha Ruishan give to Wang Miao to enable him to see the microwave background on their research in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
2. What field studies celestial objects at radio frequencies?
3. What was the profession held by Hai Mo?
4. In what year was the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, according to the narrator in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
5. What word from Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV" means having mixed feelings about something or someone?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)