|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: "Sunset for Humanity," Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years did the Cultural Revolution take place in China?
2. What is the position of the man that Ye Wenjie's mother marries after the Cultural Revolution?
(a) He is a senator.
(b) He is an education minister.
(c) He is a jet pilot.
(d) He is a travel agent.
3. What model did Copernicus present of the universe?
(a) A lunocentric model.
(b) A heliocentric model.
(c) A omniscient model.
(d) A geocentric model.
4. For what animal is Mike Evans planting trees when he is encountered by Ye Wenjie in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
(a) For the New Caledonian Owlet-nightjar.
(b) For the northwestern brown swallow.
(c) For the Bengal Florican.
(d) For the kakapo.
5. Who is described as Ye Wenjie's astrophysics professor at her alma mater in Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV"?
(a) Yan Weining.
(b) Lei Dafeng.
(c) Cheng Lihua.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what belief system does the translator note the term "Monsters and Demons" is derived in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
2. At the National Astronomical Center at the Space Observation Center, Sha Ruishan examines data from three satellites. When was the COBE launched, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
3. What scientific paper is presented to Ye Wenjie as one that she wrote in 1966 in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
4. When was the Planck satellite launched?
5. What is the computer systems called that Ye Wenjie uses to keep an eye on enemy spacecraft and operations in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)