|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: "Sunset for Humanity," Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gate computing system named in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
(a) Clan 2.
(b) Qin 1.
2. What term refers to temporary phenomena on the photosphere of the sun making areas appear dark?
(b) Helium deposits.
3. What are the May Seventh Cadre Schools described as in the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Private boarding schools for the elite.
(b) Labor camps for Communist re-education.
(c) Overseas schools for students studying foreign affairs.
(d) Schools for disabled children.
4. What word refers to the branch of technology dealing with manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale?
5. What weapon did Wei Cheng's wife threaten to kill him with if he did not stop his research in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
(a) A machete.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stable configurations has Wei Cheng's algorithm uncovered for the three bodies, according to the narrative in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
2. What does "NATO" stand for?
3. In what industry is Mike Evans's father said to work in Chapter 27, "Evans"?
4. Who set China's Cultural Revolution into place?
5. With whom does Wei Cheng describe his wife having argued with in the past in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)