|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 15-20 and Part III: "Sunset for Humanity," Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what belief system does the translator note the term "Monsters and Demons" is derived in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
2. What is the organization that controls China's nuclear missiles, according to the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) The Third Artillery Corps.
(b) The Second Artillery Corps.
(c) The First Artillery Corps.
(d) The Seventh Artillery Corps.
3. What was Wen Jie's profession?
4. In what vehicle does the assassin escape in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
(a) A black sedan.
(b) A white pickup truck.
(c) A black pickup truck.
(d) A black SUV.
5. What is the name of the coffee shop where Wang goes to meet the other players in Chapter 18, "Meet-Up"?
(a) Urumqi Coffee Shop.
(b) Yunhe Coffee Shop.
(c) Dongguan Coffee Shop.
(d) Wenxue Coffee Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What civilization comes to an end in the Three Body game in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
2. Who launched the Planck satellite, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
3. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
4. When did the name "three-body problem" begin to be commonly used?
5. Who has implicated Ye Wenjie for writing a letter that promotes anti-socialist ideals in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)