|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long had the Red Union "been attacking the headquarters of the April Twenty-eighth Brigade" when Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" begins?
(a) For two weeks.
(b) For two days.
(c) For six days.
(d) For four days.
2. What does Sha Ruishan give to Wang Miao to enable him to see the microwave background on their research in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
(a) 3G glasses.
(b) 2K glasses.
(c) 2G glasses.
(d) 3K glasses.
3. At the National Astronomical Center at the Space Observation Center, Sha Ruishan examines data from three satellites. When was the COBE launched, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
4. For what publication is Bai Mulin a reporter?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Great Production News.
(c) The Guangming Daily.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
5. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
(a) Test No. 11.
(b) Test No. 6.
(c) Test No. 13.
(d) Test No. 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Ye Wenjie marry?
2. How much time has passed since Ye Zhetai's death in the beginning of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
3. Who beats Ye Zhetai to death in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
4. How has Professor Ruan Wen committed suicide in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
5. What was the profession of Fu Lei?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)