|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the National Astronomical Center at the Space Observation Center, Sha Ruishan examines data from three satellites. When was the COBE launched, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
2. Who beats Ye Zhetai to death in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) Four teenage girls.
(b) Two young girls.
(c) Two old men.
(d) Three young men.
3. What does Captain Shi Qiang tell Wang he believes someone is working behind the scenes to accomplish in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
(a) To accelerate scientific research.
(b) To undermine the government.
(c) To ruin scientific research.
(d) To cause a world war.
4. What is the furniture made of that Wang examines at Ye Wenjie's home in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
(a) Stone and metal wiring.
(b) Tree branches and stumps.
(c) Silver and jade.
(d) Brass and gold.
5. When does the narrator describe the implementation of the OZMAII plan in Chapter 13, "Red Coast III"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 1, "The Madness Years": "Their red flags fluttered restlessly around the brigade building like flames yearning for firewood"?
2. What was Wen Jie's profession?
3. Where is the United States National Radio Quiet Zone located that the narrator describes in Chapter 13, "Red Coast III"?
4. Who launched the Planck satellite, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
5. How old was the girl that is described as being gunned down while waving a flag in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)