|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the May Seventh Cadre Schools described as in the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Overseas schools for students studying foreign affairs.
(b) Labor camps for Communist re-education.
(c) Schools for disabled children.
(d) Private boarding schools for the elite.
2. How much time has passed since Ye Zhetai's death in the beginning of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
3. What was the profession held by Hai Mo?
(b) Newspaper reporter.
(c) Screenwriter and novelist.
4. What term is Wang Miao contemplating from the Three Bodies game in the beginning of Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
(a) "Secret Agent X-9."
(b) "Chaotic Era."
(c) "Sentient Era."
(d) "Lost Era."
5. What satellite is launched at the Red Coast in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
(a) The KH-9 satellite.
(b) The MPLM-3 satellite.
(c) The Kopernik-500 satellite.
(d) The Magellan satellite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the furniture made of that Wang examines at Ye Wenjie's home in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
2. Where is the United States National Radio Quiet Zone located that the narrator describes in Chapter 13, "Red Coast III"?
3. What is the central focus of the book Silent Spring?
4. What does "NATO" stand for?
5. Who beats Ye Zhetai to death in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)