|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ye Wenjie study in college?
(b) Chinese history.
(d) Chinese literature.
2. What does Sha Ruishan give to Wang Miao to enable him to see the microwave background on their research in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
(a) 3K glasses.
(b) 2K glasses.
(c) 2G glasses.
(d) 3G glasses.
3. What is the furniture made of that Wang examines at Ye Wenjie's home in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
(a) Tree branches and stumps.
(b) Silver and jade.
(c) Stone and metal wiring.
(d) Brass and gold.
4. Who is the director of the Division Political Department that interviews Ye Wenjie in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) Director Cheng.
(b) Director Lin.
(c) Director Wen.
(d) Director Zhang.
5. What was Wu Han's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, according to the narrator in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
2. What setting is established in the opening of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
3. Who launched the Planck satellite, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
4. How has Professor Ruan Wen committed suicide in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
5. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)