|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ye Wenjie awaken in the beginning of Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Inside the Red Coast Base.
(b) At her father's house.
(c) On a helicopter.
(d) At the school.
2. When was the Planck satellite launched?
3. When does the narrator describe the implementation of the OZMAII plan in Chapter 13, "Red Coast III"?
4. What term refers to scientific research aimed to improve theories for better understanding or prediction of natural or other phenomena?
(a) Promontory research.
(b) Fundamental research.
(c) Applied research.
(d) Cognitive research.
5. How much time has passed since Ye Zhetai's death in the beginning of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what team is Ye Wenjie transferred that picks up and analyzes radio signals in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
2. Who is the Political Commissar introduced to Ye Wenjie in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
3. In Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" the translator notes some of the most famous intellectuals who committed suicide during the Cultural Revolution. Among these is Lao She. What was She's profession?
4. What word from Chapter 13, "Red Coast III" refers to leadership or dominance, especially by one country or social group over others?
5. Where does Ye Wenjie describe the Chinese Academy of Science's Space Environment Observation Center in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)