|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Ye Wenjie marry?
(a) Yang Dong.
(b) Ruan Wen.
(c) Yang Weining.
(d) Bai Mulin.
2. Who holds Ye Wenjie back when she tries to save her father in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Two janitors.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her sister.
3. Who is the Political Commissar introduced to Ye Wenjie in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Bai Mulin.
(b) Lei Zhicheng.
(c) Cheng Lihua.
(d) Yan Weining.
4. What does Captain Shi Qiang tell Wang he believes someone is working behind the scenes to accomplish in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
(a) To undermine the government.
(b) To accelerate scientific research.
(c) To cause a world war.
(d) To ruin scientific research.
5. What setting is established in the opening of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) The Pamir Mountains.
(b) The Himalayan Mountains.
(c) The Greater Khingan Mountains.
(d) The Qilian Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the source of the papers that are presented to Ye Wenjie in jail in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. What gift does Ye Wenjie give to Wang Miao when he visits in Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
3. Where is the Saint Joseph's Church that Wang Miao goes to in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
4. What field studies celestial objects at radio frequencies?
5. What is the organization that controls China's nuclear missiles, according to the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)