|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "NATO" stand for?
(a) The North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
(b) The National Astrophysics Treaty Organization.
(c) The Nuclear Alternatives Testing Organization.
(d) The National Academy for Technological Order.
2. What is Ye Zhetai's focus as a professor in the novel?
3. What word from Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV" means having mixed feelings about something or someone?
4. What does Sha Ruishan give to Wang Miao to enable him to see the microwave background on their research in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
(a) 2G glasses.
(b) 2K glasses.
(c) 3K glasses.
(d) 3G glasses.
5. What year is established in China in the opening of Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what publication is Bai Mulin a reporter?
2. Whom did Ye Wenjie marry?
3. What was the profession held by Hai Mo?
4. What does "SETI" refer to in the narrative?
5. Who has implicated Ye Wenjie for writing a letter that promotes anti-socialist ideals in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)