|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the source of the papers that are presented to Ye Wenjie in jail in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(b) Shao Lin.
(d) Ruan Wen.
2. In Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" the translator notes some of the most famous intellectuals who committed suicide during the Cultural Revolution. Among these is Lao She. What was She's profession?
3. Where does Ye Wenjie awaken in the beginning of Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) On a helicopter.
(b) At her father's house.
(c) At the school.
(d) Inside the Red Coast Base.
4. Who is the Political Commissar introduced to Ye Wenjie in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Yan Weining.
(b) Lei Zhicheng.
(c) Bai Mulin.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
5. For what publication is Bai Mulin a reporter?
(a) The Guangming Daily.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Great Production News.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Professor Ruan Wen committed suicide in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
2. What does Captain Shi Qiang admit to Wang Miao in the beginning of Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
3. What word from Chapter 13, "Red Coast III" refers to leadership or dominance, especially by one country or social group over others?
4. At the National Astronomical Center at the Space Observation Center, Sha Ruishan examines data from three satellites. When was the COBE launched, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
5. How many regiments comprise the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps, according to the narrator in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)