|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the space observation center that is run by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Peking University's Joint Center for Astrophysics?
2. Who is the base chief engineer who introduces himself to Ye Wenjie in the beginning of Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Lei Zhicheng.
(b) Bai Mulin.
(c) Yan Weining.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
3. What types of centers does Captain Shi Qiang describe all around the world and working together in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
(a) Research Command Centers.
(b) Battle Command Centers.
(c) Astral Command Centers.
(d) Government Command Centers.
4. What are the May Seventh Cadre Schools described as in the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Labor camps for Communist re-education.
(b) Overseas schools for students studying foreign affairs.
(c) Schools for disabled children.
(d) Private boarding schools for the elite.
5. What is the computer systems called that Ye Wenjie uses to keep an eye on enemy spacecraft and operations in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the organization that controls China's nuclear missiles, according to the Translator's Note in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
2. To what team is Ye Wenjie transferred that picks up and analyzes radio signals in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
3. Who is described as Ye Wenjie's astrophysics professor at her alma mater in Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV"?
4. What did Ye Wenjie study in college?
5. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 1, "The Madness Years": "Their red flags fluttered restlessly around the brigade building like flames yearning for firewood"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)