|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ye Zhetai's wife in the narrative?
(a) Shao Lin.
(b) Ruan Wen.
(c) Ye Wenjie.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
2. Who launched the Planck satellite, according to the narrator in Chapter 9, "The Universe Flickers"?
(a) The Chinese Space Agency.
(b) The European Space Agency.
(c) The Russian Space Agency.
(d) The United States Space Agency.
3. Who is the director of the Division Political Department that interviews Ye Wenjie in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) Director Wen.
(b) Director Lin.
(c) Director Zhang.
(d) Director Cheng.
4. What field studies celestial objects at radio frequencies?
(b) Relativity astronomy.
(c) Radio astronomy.
5. In what year was the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, according to the narrator in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ye Zhetai's focus as a professor in the novel?
2. What word from Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV" means having mixed feelings about something or someone?
3. Who is described as Ye Wenjie's astrophysics professor at her alma mater in Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV"?
4. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
5. What scientific paper is presented to Ye Wenjie as one that she wrote in 1966 in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)