|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: "Silent Spring," Chapters 1-3 and Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
(a) Test No. 6.
(b) Test No. 13.
(c) Test No. 11.
(d) Test No. 2.
2. From what belief system does the translator note the term "Monsters and Demons" is derived in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
3. When was the book Silent Spring published?
4. What was the profession held by Hai Mo?
(b) Screenwriter and novelist.
(d) Newspaper reporter.
5. How many regiments comprise the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps, according to the narrator in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" the translator notes some of the most famous intellectuals who committed suicide during the Cultural Revolution. Among these is Lao She. What was She's profession?
2. What setting is established in the opening of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
3. Who is the female military representative from the Intermediate People's Court that visits Ye Wenjie in jail in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
4. What scientific paper is presented to Ye Wenjie as one that she wrote in 1966 in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
5. Who is the author of the book Silent Spring?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)