|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: "Silent Spring," Chapters 1-3 and Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 1, "The Madness Years": "Their red flags fluttered restlessly around the brigade building like flames yearning for firewood"?
(d) Dramatic irony.
2. Who beats Ye Zhetai to death in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) Two young girls.
(b) Two old men.
(c) Three young men.
(d) Four teenage girls.
3. How many regiments comprise the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps, according to the narrator in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
4. Who is the base chief engineer who introduces himself to Ye Wenjie in the beginning of Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
(a) Yan Weining.
(b) Bai Mulin.
(c) Lei Zhicheng.
(d) Cheng Lihua.
5. In what year was the beginning of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, according to the narrator in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is established in the opening of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. What year is established in China in the opening of Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
3. How has Professor Ruan Wen committed suicide in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
4. What scientific paper is presented to Ye Wenjie as one that she wrote in 1966 in Chapter 3, "Red Coast I"?
5. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)