|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" the translator notes some of the most famous intellectuals who committed suicide during the Cultural Revolution. Among these is Lao She. What was She's profession?
2. Who is the female military representative from the Intermediate People's Court that visits Ye Wenjie in jail in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) Shao Lin.
(b) Cheng Lihua.
(c) Rachel Carson.
(d) Bai Mulin.
3. What satellite is launched at the Red Coast in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
(a) The MPLM-3 satellite.
(b) The Magellan satellite.
(c) The KH-9 satellite.
(d) The Kopernik-500 satellite.
4. How has Professor Ruan Wen committed suicide in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) By overdosing on sleeping pills.
(b) By driving her car into a tree.
(c) By jumping into a river.
(d) By hanging herself from a closet door.
5. For how long had the Red Union "been attacking the headquarters of the April Twenty-eighth Brigade" when Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" begins?
(a) For four days.
(b) For two days.
(c) For six days.
(d) For two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is established in the opening of Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. What field studies celestial objects at radio frequencies?
3. What was the codename for China's first test of a three-staged thermonuclear device?
4. From what belief system does the translator note the term "Monsters and Demons" is derived in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
5. What term is Wang Miao contemplating from the Three Bodies game in the beginning of Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)