|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Professor Ruan Wen committed suicide in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
(a) By overdosing on sleeping pills.
(b) By hanging herself from a closet door.
(c) By driving her car into a tree.
(d) By jumping into a river.
2. What word from Chapter 14, "Red Coast IV" means having mixed feelings about something or someone?
3. How much time has passed in the game when Wang returns to it in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
(a) Several eons.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What satellite is launched at the Red Coast in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
(a) The MPLM-3 satellite.
(b) The Magellan satellite.
(c) The Kopernik-500 satellite.
(d) The KH-9 satellite.
5. What term is Wang Miao contemplating from the Three Bodies game in the beginning of Chapter 8, "Ye Wenjie"?
(a) "Chaotic Era."
(b) "Secret Agent X-9."
(c) "Lost Era."
(d) "Sentient Era."
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of centers does Captain Shi Qiang describe all around the world and working together in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
2. In Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" the translator notes some of the most famous intellectuals who committed suicide during the Cultural Revolution. Among these is Lao She. What was She's profession?
3. Where is the space observation center that is run by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Peking University's Joint Center for Astrophysics?
4. Who has implicated Ye Wenjie for writing a letter that promotes anti-socialist ideals in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
5. What does "WMAP" stand for in the narrative?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)