|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many regiments comprise the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps, according to the narrator in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. What satellite is launched at the Red Coast in Chapter 12, "Red Coast II"?
(a) The KH-9 satellite.
(b) The Magellan satellite.
(c) The MPLM-3 satellite.
(d) The Kopernik-500 satellite.
3. What was Wu Han's profession?
4. In Chapter 1, "The Madness Years" the translator notes some of the most famous intellectuals who committed suicide during the Cultural Revolution. Among these is Lao She. What was She's profession?
5. Where is the United States National Radio Quiet Zone located that the narrator describes in Chapter 13, "Red Coast III"?
(b) New York City.
(d) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession held by Hai Mo?
2. What is Ye Zhetai's focus as a professor in the novel?
3. Where is the space observation center that is run by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Peking University's Joint Center for Astrophysics?
4. What does Captain Shi Qiang tell Wang he believes someone is working behind the scenes to accomplish in Chapter 10, "Da Shi"?
5. What word refers to the branch of technology dealing with manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)