|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Einstein visit Shanghai, according to the narrative in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
2. Who is the director of the Division Political Department that interviews Ye Wenjie in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
(a) Director Cheng.
(b) Director Wen.
(c) Director Zhang.
(d) Director Lin.
3. Ye Wenjie claims that the Red Coast Project failed to establish contact with alien life forms and disbanded after how many years?
4. What term refers to scientific research aimed to improve theories for better understanding or prediction of natural or other phenomena?
(a) Fundamental research.
(b) Promontory research.
(c) Applied research.
(d) Cognitive research.
5. What word refers to the branch of technology dealing with manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many regiments comprise the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps, according to the narrator in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. What is the central focus of the book Silent Spring?
3. Who beats Ye Zhetai to death in Chapter 1, "The Madness Years"?
4. How long does Mozi predict the coming Stable Era to last in Chapter 11, "Three Body: Mozi and Fiery Flames"?
5. When was the WMAP satellite launched?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)