|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "Three Body," Chapters 15-20 and Part III: "Sunset for Humanity," Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many regiments comprise the Inner Mongolia Production and Construction Corps, according to the narrator in Chapter 2, "Silent Spring"?
2. Ye Wenjie claims that the Red Coast Project failed to establish contact with alien life forms and disbanded after how many years?
3. With whom does Wei Cheng describe his wife having argued with in the past in Chapter 16, "The Three Body Problem"?
(a) Xu Bingbing.
(b) Bai Mulin.
(c) Pan Han.
(d) Yang Weining.
4. What does "SETI" refer to in the narrative?
(a) The Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence.
(b) Standard Experimental Technology Intelligence.
(c) Social Experiment for Terrestrial Intelligence.
(d) Secure External Technological Intelligence.
5. Who is Ye Zhetai's wife in the narrative?
(a) Ruan Wen.
(b) Cheng Lihua.
(c) Shao Lin.
(d) Ye Wenjie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ye Zhetai's focus as a professor in the novel?
2. What was Wu Han's profession?
3. With whom is Leibniz dueling in Chapter 17, "Three Body: Newton, Von Neumann, the First Emperor, and Tri-Solar Syzygy"?
4. During what time period has Wang Miao arrived when he plays the Three Body game in the beginning of Chapter 15, "Three Body: Copernicus, Universal Football, and Tri-Solar Day"?
5. What civilization is said to have proven that there is no solution to the three-body problem in Chapter 19, "Three Body: Einstein, the Pendulum Monument, and the Great Rip"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)