|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
2. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
3. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
4. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
5. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
Essay Topic 1
In Part 4, Ochs receives a letter from a customs inspector. What does the letter say? What is the connection between the information in the letter and Berryman's visit to New York City? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
When Jimmie Lee Horn is murdered, Bert Poole is stated as the murderer. What events led to Bert's charge of murder? What causes people in the story to firmly believe Bert was the killer of Horn? Was Bert framed? Cite examples from the text that support your response.
Essay Topic 3
In Part 4, Thomas Berryman goes to Texas to visit his ill father. When Berryman visits his sick father, what emotional response do readers feel towards him? Does the scene allow readers to see Berryman from a different perspective?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)