|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Berryman leave a note for Ben?
2. What does Ochs say Horn has aspirations for involving his future?
3. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
4. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
5. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
2. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
3. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
4. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
5. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
6. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
7. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
8. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
9. Who is Oona Quinn?
10. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ochs is writing a book the events that led to Horn's assassination; the story will also reveal the true murderer. Ochs already knows a vast amount of information on Horn due to his research as well as the articles he has written on Horn. How does Ochs describe Horn? What could Ochs's opinion of Horn mean for his investigation? Is he biased due to his previous following of Horn and his career?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, one murderer has been killed. Who is it? What events in the story could lead readers to believe that the murderer expected a tragic ending for themselves one day? Cite examples from the text in order to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
When the story ends, Joe Cubbah is the only one who is able to finish his assignment. What does Cubbah's ability to do his job show about his personality? What characters are not able to finish their assignment? Explain your answer with examples from the story.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)