|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ochs know so much about Horn?
2. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
3. What does Oona say Berryman went to New York City to do?
4. What does Berryman discuss with Oona the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
5. What does Berryman remember about a trip he took to Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the story ends, Joe Cubbah is the only one who is able to finish his assignment. What does Cubbah's ability to do his job show about his personality? What characters are not able to finish their assignment? Explain your answer with examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Ochs finds out from his bosses that he is being sent to Long Island to visit the William Pound Institution. Ben Toy, a patient at the mental institute, says he has information about the murder of Jimmie Lee Horn. When Ochs finds out he is being sent to interview Ben, he believes the trip to Long Island will lead to a dead end. Why might Ochs think this? Does the fact that Ben is in a mental institution have anything to do with Ochs's opinion? Are there any other occurrences in the book that show Ben as someone who is not taken seriously, due to his mental issues?
Essay Topic 3
During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, Ben expresses why he was admitted to the mental institution. Why is Ben institutionalized? Who admits him? Was anything done in order to help Ben's depression?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)