|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
2. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
3. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
4. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
5. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
Essay Topic 1
During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, Ben expresses why he was admitted to the mental institution. Why is Ben institutionalized? Who admits him? Was anything done in order to help Ben's depression?
Essay Topic 2
After his meeting with Ben Toy, Ochs begins to feel sympathy for him, making it possible that he will forget that Ben is a cold-blooded killer. What could the sympathy Ochs begins to feel towards Ben do to his judgment? What result might sympathy bring to Ochs as the story continues?
Essay Topic 3
In Part 4, Thomas Berryman goes to Texas to visit his ill father. When Berryman visits his sick father, what emotional response do readers feel towards him? Does the scene allow readers to see Berryman from a different perspective?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)