|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of adviser does Horn hire for himself?
2. Who threatens Horn when he's on television?
3. Who is Ochs contacted by due to his newspaper articles?
4. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
5. Why does Berryman go see his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
2. How does Ochs describe Jimmie Lee Horn?
3. In what way does Berryman show a lack of friendship toward Ben?
4. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
5. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
6. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
7. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
8. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
9. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
10. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, Ben expresses why he was admitted to the mental institution. Why is Ben institutionalized? Who admits him? Was anything done in order to help Ben's depression?
Essay Topic 2
Ochs is writing a book the events that led to Horn's assassination; the story will also reveal the true murderer. Ochs already knows a vast amount of information on Horn due to his research as well as the articles he has written on Horn. How does Ochs describe Horn? What could Ochs's opinion of Horn mean for his investigation? Is he biased due to his previous following of Horn and his career?
Essay Topic 3
In Part 4, Ochs receives a letter from a customs inspector. What does the letter say? What is the connection between the information in the letter and Berryman's visit to New York City? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your response.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)