|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ochs describe the Quinns?
2. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
3. When is Berryman said to have traveled to Nashville?
4. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
5. Who does Ochs watch the film footage of Horn's assassination with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
2. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
3. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
4. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
5. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
6. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
7. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
8. How does Ochs describe Jimmie Lee Horn?
9. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
10. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Berryman is preparing himself for the assassination of Horn, he notices that his hands are shaking. What does this tell readers about Berryman? Could shaking hands before committing a crime cause readers to feel unexpected sympathy towards him? Are there any other possibilities as to why Berryman's hands could be shaking before he goes to assassinate Horn?
Essay Topic 2
When Jimmie Lee Horn is murdered, Bert Poole is stated as the murderer. What events led to Bert's charge of murder? What causes people in the story to firmly believe Bert was the killer of Horn? Was Bert framed? Cite examples from the text that support your response.
Essay Topic 3
During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, Ben expresses why he was admitted to the mental institution. Why is Ben institutionalized? Who admits him? Was anything done in order to help Ben's depression?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)