|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
2. What is Berryman doing when he sees a car drive past his house several times?
3. How does Ochs describe Horn?
4. Where does Berryman say he wants to retire?
5. Who does Ochs watch the film footage of Horn's assassination with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
2. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
3. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
4. What happens when Horn is on television?
5. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
6. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
7. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
8. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
9. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
10. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 3, Oona Quinn is introduced for the first time. What role does Oona play in the story? Is she important to the investigation Ochs is conducting? What is the significance of her relationship with Thomas Berryman?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 2, Ochs receives a phone call with news that excites him as well as causes a dramatic incline in the story. What news does the phone call bring him? Why is he excited? Could the call help Ochs's investigation? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
In Part 3, Thomas Berryman spends a weekend at a beach house with Oona Quinn. What does Berryman let slip to Oona? How does his slip cause Oona to be involved in the plan to kill Horn? Was the slip good or did it lead to trouble? Use examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)