|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berryman run an errand for himself when he normally would not?
2. Who does Berryman see several times in Nashville that causes him to take an interest in this person?
3. Who does Ochs find at the house he visits in Part 3?
4. What is Berryman's father's profession?
5. What does Oona say she and Berryman were under the influence of on the night they spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
2. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
3. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
4. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
5. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
6. What happens when Horn is on television?
7. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
8. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
9. Who is Oona Quinn?
10. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the story ends, Joe Cubbah is the only one who is able to finish his assignment. What does Cubbah's ability to do his job show about his personality? What characters are not able to finish their assignment? Explain your answer with examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 5, Martin Weesner is introduced, but only survives one scene. What was Martin's role in the story? How did he become involved with Joe Cubbah? What was the result of his involvement with Cubbah? Justify your response by using examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
When Jimmie Lee Horn is murdered, Bert Poole is stated as the murderer. What events led to Bert's charge of murder? What causes people in the story to firmly believe Bert was the killer of Horn? Was Bert framed? Cite examples from the text that support your response.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)