Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
2. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
3. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
4. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
5. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
At the end of Part 7, readers find out where the dead body of Thomas Berryman is found. What events happened previously that leads readers to know who discarded his body? Who did it? Does the involvement of this particular person in Berryman's death lead readers to become suspicious of them?
When Jimmie Lee Horn is murdered, Bert Poole is stated as the murderer. What events led to Bert's charge of murder? What causes people in the story to firmly believe Bert was the killer of Horn? Was Bert framed? Cite examples from the text that support your response.
Ochs finds out from his bosses that he is being sent to Long Island to visit the William Pound Institution. Ben Toy, a patient at the mental institute, says he has information about the murder of Jimmie Lee Horn. When Ochs finds out he is being sent to interview Ben, he believes the trip to Long Island will lead to a dead end. Why might Ochs think this? Does the fact that Ben is in a mental institution have anything to do with Ochs's opinion? Are there any other occurrences in the book that show Ben as someone who is not taken seriously, due to his mental issues?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)