Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does the story take place?
2. After vising New York, where does Ochs go next?
3. What word does Ochs use to describe Johnboy?
4. How long does Ben tell Ochs he's been seeing a psychiatrist?
5. Who accepts the job for Berryman to kill Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
2. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
3. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
4. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
5. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
6. What does Berryman notice about his hands before the rally, and what does it show readers about him?
7. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
8. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
9. How does Berryman die?
10. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
In Part 4, Thomas Berryman goes to Texas to visit his ill father. When Berryman visits his sick father, what emotional response do readers feel towards him? Does the scene allow readers to see Berryman from a different perspective?
The story involves the friendship and business relationship of Ben Toy and Thomas Berryman. The two are the most prominent characters in the story due to their roles in the murder of Jimmie Lee Horn. Describe the relationship between Ben Toy and Thomas Berryman. When did they meet? How did the two get entangled in the plot to kill Horn? Why did Ben disappear without telling Berryman where he was in order to keep a safe distance between them?
At the end of the story, one murderer has been killed. Who is it? What events in the story could lead readers to believe that the murderer expected a tragic ending for themselves one day? Cite examples from the text in order to support your response.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)