|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ochs find out Berryman used his credit card for before the Fourth of July?
2. Where was the Southern man from?
3. What state does Ochs Jones work in?
4. Who hired Thomas Berryman to kill Horn?
5. What could Ochs's feelings towards Ben cause him to forget about Ben?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated and what is the importance of the investigation?
2. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
3. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
4. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
5. Describe the profession of Ochs Jones.
6. Who is Oona Quinn?
7. What happens when Horn is on television?
8. Discuss the role of Martin Weesner in the story.
9. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
10. How does Berryman die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 4, Thomas Berryman goes to Texas to visit his ill father. When Berryman visits his sick father, what emotional response do readers feel towards him? Does the scene allow readers to see Berryman from a different perspective?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 5, Oona is instructed to board a plane to Nashville, Tennessee in order to meet Berryman. Oona says she does not know why she is going to meet him, but she goes anyway. What does this tell readers about Oona's personality? Why does she trust Berryman even after she finds out he is a hit man about to assassinate a political figure?
Essay Topic 3
In the Prologue, readers find out that Jimmie Lee Horn was the first black mayor of Nashville, Tennessee. Horn was killed during a rally on the Fourth of July. Does the race of Jimmie Lee Horn have any impact on what readers may think is the reason he was assassinated? Does the mention of Horn's race cause readers to jump to conclusions since it did not necessarily have to be acknowledged so quickly?
This section contains 1,920 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)