|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben feel caused him to have to enter the William Pound Institute?
2. What does Ochs find out when he receives an exciting phone call after meeting with Ben a second time?
3. What is Ochs Jones's profession?
4. What state does Ochs Jones work in?
5. Who is Johnboy's sworn enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
2. What does Berryman notice about his hands before the rally, and what does it show readers about him?
3. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
4. Who is Oona Quinn?
5. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
6. When Ochs returns to Nashville after visiting Ben Toy, who does he have a meeting with, and why?
7. What does Ochs ask the guard at the mental institute to do for him, and what events follow his request?
8. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
9. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
10. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
Essay Topic 1
During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, Ben expresses why he was admitted to the mental institution. Why is Ben institutionalized? Who admits him? Was anything done in order to help Ben's depression?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, one murderer has been killed. Who is it? What events in the story could lead readers to believe that the murderer expected a tragic ending for themselves one day? Cite examples from the text in order to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
In Part 5, Oona is instructed to board a plane to Nashville, Tennessee in order to meet Berryman. Oona says she does not know why she is going to meet him, but she goes anyway. What does this tell readers about Oona's personality? Why does she trust Berryman even after she finds out he is a hit man about to assassinate a political figure?
This section contains 2,044 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)