|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ben leave a note for Berryman?
(a) Berryman's screen door.
(b) Berryman's jacket pocket.
(c) Berryman's car windshield.
(d) Berryman's mailbox.
2. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
(a) Calls off the job Berryman has to kill Horn.
(b) Follows Berryman.
(c) Hires a hit man to kill Berryman.
(d) Tries to shoot Berryman.
3. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
(a) Berryman's house.
(b) His parents' house.
(c) The doctor's office.
(d) The police station.
4. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
5. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated?
(a) Johnboy Terrell.
(b) Jimmie Lee Horn.
(c) Oona Quinn.
(d) Ben Toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berryman remember about a trip he took to Mexico?
2. How does Ochs describe the Quinns?
3. Who does Horn go visit at the police headquarters in Nashville?
4. Who threatens Horn when he's on television?
5. What does Oona say she and Berryman were under the influence of on the night they spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
2. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
3. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
4. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
5. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
6. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
7. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
8. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
9. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
10. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)