|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the threat on Horn's life not aired on live television?
(a) The television broadcast was cut short.
(b) The television airwaves lost power.
(c) There was a 10 second delay.
(d) There was a three second delay.
2. What does Oona assure Ochs about Berryman?
(a) He has not contacted her.
(b) He is on the run.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He will not be returning to the beach house.
3. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(a) Whether she could kill someone if given money to do it.
(b) Whether he should kill Horn.
(c) Whether she'll help him kill Horn.
(d) Whether she trusts him.
4. What does Berryman discuss with Oona the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(b) Horn's career.
(c) He wants to marry her.
5. What kind of house does Ochs visit at the beginning of Part 3?
(c) Beach house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
2. What does Ochs begin to believe about Oona after meeting her?
3. What happens to Ben when he has a nervous breakdown?
4. What kind of night does Oona say she and Berryman spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
5. What does Ochs say Horn has aspirations for involving his future?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated and what is the importance of the investigation?
2. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
3. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
4. In what way does Berryman show a lack of friendship toward Ben?
5. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
6. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
7. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
8. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
9. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
10. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)