|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berryman remember about a trip he took to Mexico?
(a) A run-in with a group of hit men.
(b) The fishing trip he went on.
(c) The fun he had with his brother.
(d) A murder he planned.
2. As a result of one of Ochs's articles, what does he personally receive?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A letter.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A ceremony.
3. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
(a) Local attention.
(b) National attention.
(c) World attention.
(d) A national award.
4. Where does Berryman go before leaving New York City?
(a) His parents' house.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) Ben's house.
(d) Ben's flower shop.
5. What is Berryman doing when he sees a car drive past his house several times?
(a) Mowing his lawn.
(b) Washing his car.
(c) Painting his shutters.
(d) Fixing his roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hairstyle Horn is known for?
2. What does Berryman discuss with Oona the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
3. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
4. Who is Oona Quinn in relation to Berryman?
5. What does Ochs begin to believe about Oona after meeting her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
2. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
3. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
4. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
5. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
6. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
7. Who is Oona Quinn?
8. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
9. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
10. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)