|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ochs realize during his meeting with the Quinns that Oona does not inform him of?
(a) The Quinns do not know much about Oona.
(b) The Quinns do not know who Berryman is.
(c) The Quinns are not Oona's real parents.
(d) The Quinns are related to Berryman.
2. What does Berryman promise Oona before leaving the beach house?
(a) He will call her.
(b) He will return.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He will not come back.
3. What does Horn tell the person he visits at the police station to do?
(a) Protect him.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Help him with an upcoming speech.
(d) Campaign with him.
4. Where does Berryman say he wants to retire?
5. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(a) Whether she could kill someone if given money to do it.
(b) Whether she'll help him kill Horn.
(c) Whether he should kill Horn.
(d) Whether she trusts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day(s) of the week did Oona and Berryman stay together a few weeks before Horn's murder?
2. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
3. Who does Ochs watch the film footage of Horn's assassination with?
4. What is unusual about the man Berryman goes to see in New York City with Oona?
5. What does Berryman find when he breaks into Poole's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
2. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
3. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
4. In what way does Berryman show a lack of friendship toward Ben?
5. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
6. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
7. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated and what is the importance of the investigation?
8. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
9. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
10. What happens when Horn is on television?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)