|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berryman find when he breaks into Poole's house?
(a) Useful photographs.
(b) A layout of Horn's rally.
(c) A note with the date and time of Horn's rally.
(d) Poole's gun.
2. What does Oona allow Ochs to do when he visits?
(a) Have dinner with her.
(b) Stay at the house.
(c) Stay in the guest house.
(d) Watch TV with her.
3. What does Berryman promise Oona before leaving the beach house?
(a) He will not come back.
(b) He will call her.
(c) He will return.
(d) He is leaving town.
4. Who does Ochs visit after meeting Oona?
(a) The Quinns.
(b) The Poole's.
(c) Ben's parents.
(d) Berryman's parents.
5. Where does Ben leave a note for Berryman?
(a) Berryman's mailbox.
(b) Berryman's jacket pocket.
(c) Berryman's car windshield.
(d) Berryman's screen door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
2. How does Ochs know so much about Horn?
3. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
4. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
5. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
2. Who is Oona Quinn?
3. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
4. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
5. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
6. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
7. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
8. Describe Ochs's writing career for the newspaper in Part 4.
9. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
10. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated and what is the importance of the investigation?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)