|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
(a) Hires a hit man to kill Berryman.
(b) Follows Berryman.
(c) Tries to shoot Berryman.
(d) Calls off the job Berryman has to kill Horn.
2. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
3. What kind of adviser does Horn hire for himself?
4. When Berryman leaves the beach house after he finds the note from Ben, who continues to call him?
(a) The Quinns.
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
5. What does Berryman do before traveling to Nashville?
(a) Visits Ben Toy.
(b) Steals a car.
(c) Buys ammunition..
(d) Changes his appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
2. When Horn is on a live television broadcast, what is he doing?
3. What is Berryman's father's profession?
4. Where is Berryman when he thinks about where he would like to retire?
5. What does Berryman let slip to Oona the night they were together before the murder of Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
2. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
3. Describe Ochs's writing career for the newspaper in Part 4.
4. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
5. How does Ochs describe Jimmie Lee Horn?
6. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
7. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
8. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
9. What happens when Horn is on television?
10. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)