|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berryman wear when he goes to see Johnboy?
(a) Black gloves.
(b) A mask.
(c) A silver belt buckle.
(d) Cowboy boots.
2. What does Berryman promise Oona before leaving the beach house?
(a) He will not come back.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He will call her.
(d) He will return.
3. Why is the threat on Horn's life not aired on live television?
(a) The television airwaves lost power.
(b) There was a three second delay.
(c) There was a 10 second delay.
(d) The television broadcast was cut short.
4. Who is hired by a local cop in Philadelphia to kill Berryman?
(a) Joe Jones.
(b) Joe Cubbah.
(c) Joe Cubs.
(d) Johnny Joseph.
5. Where does Berryman say he wants to retire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berryman go see his father?
2. After Berryman finds the note from Ben, how does he feel?
3. What are Berryman's thoughts about the car that drives past his house several times?
4. What kind of adviser does Horn hire for himself?
5. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ochs describe Jimmie Lee Horn?
2. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
3. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
4. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
5. Who is Oona Quinn?
6. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
7. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
8. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
9. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
10. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)