|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ochs begin to believe about Oona after meeting her?
(a) She knows where Berryman is.
(b) Her story.
(c) She is not telling him everything.
(d) She is on the run.
2. As a result of one of Ochs's articles, what does he personally receive?
(a) A letter.
(b) A death threat.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A phone call.
3. What does Oona say Berryman went to New York City to do?
(a) Commit a murder.
(b) Get a new identity.
(c) Get instructions on how to kill Horn.
(d) Get a layout of Horn's house.
4. Who does Horn go visit at the police headquarters in Nashville?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A family member.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A drug dealer.
5. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated?
(a) Oona Quinn.
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
(c) Jimmie Lee Horn.
(d) Ben Toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berryman find when he breaks into Poole's house?
2. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
3. What happens to Ben when he has a nervous breakdown?
4. What kind of night does Oona say she and Berryman spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
5. What does Berryman let slip to Oona the night they were together before the murder of Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
2. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
3. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
4. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
5. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
6. What happens when Horn is on television?
7. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
8. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
9. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
10. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)