|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berryman discuss with Oona the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(c) Horn's career.
(d) He wants to marry her.
2. What does Berryman promise Oona before leaving the beach house?
(a) He will call her.
(b) He will not come back.
(c) He will return.
(d) He is leaving town.
3. As a result of one of Ochs's articles, what does he personally receive?
(a) A letter.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A death threat.
(d) A phone call.
4. Where does Berryman go before leaving New York City?
(a) Ben's house.
(b) His parents' house.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) Ben's flower shop.
5. Where does Ben go in the midst of a nervous breakdown?
(a) The police station.
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) Berryman's house.
(d) His parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oona allow Ochs to do when he visits?
2. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
3. Where does Berryman leave a note for Ben?
4. Who does Berryman see several times in Nashville that causes him to take an interest in this person?
5. What does Berryman do before traveling to Nashville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
2. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
3. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
4. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
5. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
6. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
7. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
8. In what way does Berryman show a lack of friendship toward Ben?
9. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
10. How does Ochs describe Jimmie Lee Horn?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)