|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
(a) He dislikes them.
(b) He likes them.
(c) He does not trust them.
(d) He is concerned about them.
2. What does Oona tell Ochs about during their meeting?
(a) Where she was an hour before his arrival.
(b) Where Berryman is.
(c) How she met Berryman.
(d) Her knowledge of the murder of Horn.
3. How does Ochs describe Horn?
(a) Strong and proud.
(c) Adventurous and kind.
4. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
(a) National attention.
(b) A national award.
(c) World attention.
(d) Local attention.
5. Who does Ochs find at the house he visits in Part 3?
(a) Oona Quinn.
(b) Ollie Quinn.
(c) Pam Berton.
(d) Jessica Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berryman promise Oona before leaving the beach house?
2. What does Oona say she and Berryman were under the influence of on the night they spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
3. Who does Horn go visit at the police headquarters in Nashville?
4. Where does Berryman go before leaving New York City?
5. What does Ochs say Horn has aspirations for involving his future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
2. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
3. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
4. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
5. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
6. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
7. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
8. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
9. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
10. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)