|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horn tell the person he visits at the police station to do?
(a) Campaign with him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Help him with an upcoming speech.
2. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
(a) Follows Berryman.
(b) Hires a hit man to kill Berryman.
(c) Calls off the job Berryman has to kill Horn.
(d) Tries to shoot Berryman.
3. What does Berryman discuss with Oona the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(b) He wants to marry her.
(d) Horn's career.
4. When Berryman leaves the beach house after he finds the note from Ben, who continues to call him?
(c) Johnboy Terrell.
(d) The Quinns.
5. When Ochs is contacted due to his newspaper articles, what does the caller tell him?
(a) They were hired to murder Berryman.
(b) They were investigated.
(c) Their identity was stolen.
(d) They were visited by Berryman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berryman go see Johnboy after visiting his father?
2. Where is Johnboy when he encourages a friend to run for the senate seat Horn is after?
3. As a result of one of Ochs's articles, what does he personally receive?
4. What kind of adviser does Horn hire for himself?
5. What does Berryman find when he breaks into Poole's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Berryman show a lack of friendship toward Ben?
2. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated and what is the importance of the investigation?
3. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
4. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
5. What happens when Horn is on television?
6. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
7. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
8. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
9. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
10. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)