|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
(a) It will cause mistrust in them.
(b) Ruin their reputation.
(c) It will not hurt them.
(d) Turn their lives upside down.
2. After Berryman finds the note from Ben, how does he feel?
3. What are Berryman's thoughts about the car that drives past his house several times?
(a) He follows the car.
(b) He doesn't notice the car.
(c) He memorizes the license plate number.
(d) He doesn't become alarmed.
4. Where is Berryman when he thinks about where he would like to retire?
(a) At the beach.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On a train.
(d) On an airplane.
5. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
(a) He is concerned about them.
(b) He dislikes them.
(c) He does not trust them.
(d) He likes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ochs describe Oona?
2. When arriving in Nashville, where does Berryman go?
3. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
4. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
5. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
2. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
3. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
4. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
5. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
6. Why does Ochs go to Thomas Berryman's house, and how does he describe Oona Quinn?
7. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
8. Describe Ochs's writing career for the newspaper in Part 4.
9. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
10. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)