|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Berryman and Oona stay a few weeks before Horn's murder?
(a) A hotel.
(b) New York City.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) The beach house.
2. Who does Ochs visit after meeting Oona?
(a) The Quinns.
(b) Berryman's parents.
(c) The Poole's.
(d) Ben's parents.
3. Who threatens Horn when he's on television?
(a) Bert Poole.
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
(c) Ben Toy.
4. Who does Horn go visit at the police headquarters in Nashville?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A family member.
(d) A drug dealer.
5. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(a) Whether she'll help him kill Horn.
(b) Whether she could kill someone if given money to do it.
(c) Whether she trusts him.
(d) Whether he should kill Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ben when he has a nervous breakdown?
2. What does Berryman find when he breaks into Poole's house?
3. Where does Berryman leave a note for Ben?
4. When is Berryman said to have traveled to Nashville?
5. What does Horn tell the person he visits at the police station to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
2. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
3. Who is Oona Quinn?
4. What does Ochs say about Oona's parents, the Quinns?
5. What happens when Horn is on television?
6. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
7. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
8. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
9. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated and what is the importance of the investigation?
10. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)