|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Horn go visit at the police headquarters in Nashville?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A family member.
(d) A policeman.
2. Where does Berryman leave a note for Ben?
(a) Ben's parents' house.
(b) Ben's flower shop.
(c) The William Pound Institute.
(d) Ben's house.
3. What kind of night does Oona say she and Berryman spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
(a) A hostile night.
(b) A romantic night.
(c) An unforgetful night.
(d) A wonderful night.
4. Where did Berryman and Oona stay a few weeks before Horn's murder?
(a) A hotel.
(b) New York City.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) The beach house.
5. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(a) Whether she'll help him kill Horn.
(b) Whether he should kill Horn.
(c) Whether she could kill someone if given money to do it.
(d) Whether she trusts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ochs believe his article about the murder of Horn will do to the Quinns?
2. Who is Oona Quinn in relation to Berryman?
3. What does Horn's adviser instruct Horn to do in order to receive more votes?
4. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
5. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
2. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
3. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
4. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
5. What happens between Oona and Berryman during their weekend spent at Berryman's beachfront home?
6. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
7. Describe the meeting between Berryman and Johnboy.
8. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
9. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
10. Describe Ochs's writing career for the newspaper in Part 4.
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)