|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Berryman's father live?
(a) Long Island.
(d) Rhode Island.
2. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
(a) Bert Poole.
(c) Bert Poole's parents.
(d) Horn's campaign adviser.
3. Whose house does Ochs visit in Part 3?
4. What does Oona tell Ochs about during their meeting?
(a) How she met Berryman.
(b) Where Berryman is.
(c) Where she was an hour before his arrival.
(d) Her knowledge of the murder of Horn.
5. How does Ochs describe the Quinns?
(b) Loving and unassuming.
(d) Upbeat and happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When arriving in Nashville, where does Berryman go?
2. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
3. What does Ochs realize during his meeting with the Quinns that Oona does not inform him of?
4. When Ochs returns to Nashville in Part 4, who is being investigated?
5. What does Oona assure Ochs about Berryman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
2. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
3. What events take place right before Berryman leaves New York City, and what do the events cause him to do?
4. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
5. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
6. Describe Ochs's writing career for the newspaper in Part 4.
7. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
8. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
9. Why is the letter Ochs receives due to his newspaper articles so important to the story?
10. What happens at the country club that gives readers a stronger understanding of the plot to kill Horn?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)