|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ochs disappointed about the second meeting he has with Ben?
(a) Ben becomes hysterical.
(b) Ben is lying to him.
(c) Ben refuses to speak to him.
(d) Ben refuses to answer all of his question.
2. What is the person wearing, who shoots Bert Poole?
(a) An army uniform.
(b) A KKK costume.
(c) A trench coat.
(d) A state trooper uniform.
3. How long is Ben first admitted to the William Pound Institute for?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A few days.
(d) Six months.
4. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
(a) Berryman's girlfriend.
(b) The director at the William Pound Institute.
(c) The security guard at the William Pound Institute.
(d) The head nurse at the William Pound Institute.
5. Who is Johnboy's sworn enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Southern man murdered?
2. What does ipecac syrup mimic?
3. What word does Ochs use to describe Johnboy?
4. What state does Ochs Jones work in?
5. Where does Johnboy live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
2. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
3. What does Ochs ask the guard at the mental institute to do for him, and what events follow his request?
4. Why is Ochs sent to Long Island?
5. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
6. When Ochs returns to Nashville after visiting Ben Toy, who does he have a meeting with, and why?
7. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
8. Where does Ochs go after his meeting with Ben Toy, and what events follow?
9. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
10. When Ochs returns to Long Island, what information is he given?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)