|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnboy live?
(d) New York.
2. What is used in order to treat Ben when first arriving at the William Pound Institute?
(b) Journal writing.
3. What happens to Jimmie Lee Horn at the beginning of the story?
(a) He assassinates the President.
(b) He becomes a member of the senate.
(c) He is assassinated.
(d) He is convicted of a crime.
4. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Pours it in the toilet.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Poisons himself.
5. Who hired the Southern man?
(a) Johnboy Terrell.
(b) Horn's best friend.
(c) Ben Toy.
(d) Berryman's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ben have information on?
2. Where does Ben work?
3. What does Ochs find out when he receives an exciting phone call after meeting with Ben a second time?
4. What does ipecac syrup mimic?
5. What happens the first time Ochs arrives at the mental hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
2. What makes the Southern man so mysterious in the story?
3. When Ochs returns to Long Island, what information is he given?
4. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
5. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
6. What does Ochs ask the guard at the mental institute to do for him, and what events follow his request?
7. What causes Ochs to be unhappy during his final meeting with Ben?
8. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
9. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
10. Where does Ochs go after his meeting with Ben Toy, and what events follow?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)