|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
(a) The director at the William Pound Institute.
(b) The security guard at the William Pound Institute.
(c) The head nurse at the William Pound Institute.
(d) Berryman's girlfriend.
2. What does Ben call the jobs performed by hit men?
3. What reason does Ben give for keeping the fact that he's been seeing a psychiatrist away from Berryman?
(a) He doesn't want Berryman to think he is weak.
(b) He doesn't want Berryman to tell anyone.
(c) He doesn't want Berryman to think he is weak.
(d) He doesn't think Berryman will understand.
4. Who hired the Southern man?
(a) Berryman's girlfriend.
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
(c) Horn's best friend.
(d) Ben Toy.
5. Who is Johnboy's sworn enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ben known Berryman?
2. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
3. What could Ochs's feelings towards Ben cause him to forget about Ben?
4. Who is ordered to murder the Southern man?
5. Who hired Thomas Berryman to kill Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
2. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
3. When Ochs returns to Nashville after visiting Ben Toy, who does he have a meeting with, and why?
4. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
5. What makes the Southern man so mysterious in the story?
6. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
7. When Ochs returns to Long Island, what information is he given?
8. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
9. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
10. What is Ochs Jones investigating when the story begins, and why?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)