|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Ben give for keeping the fact that he's been seeing a psychiatrist away from Berryman?
(a) He doesn't think Berryman will understand.
(b) He doesn't want Berryman to think he is weak.
(c) He doesn't want Berryman to think he is weak.
(d) He doesn't want Berryman to tell anyone.
2. Where is the Southern man left after he is murdered?
(a) His car.
(b) A field.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) A dumpster.
3. Where does Ochs Jones work?
(a) The police station.
(b) A local newspaper.
(d) The White House.
4. Due to Ben's mental health issues, what does Ochs begin to feel for him?
(d) Lack of trust.
5. How does Berryman get in touch with the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He sends hitmen after them.
(b) He threatens them through a letter.
(c) He visits them.
(d) He calls them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accepts the job for Berryman to kill Horn?
2. Who does Ben inform that he is being followed?
3. What could Ochs's feelings towards Ben cause him to forget about Ben?
4. What was the Southern man's profession?
5. On what holiday does an assassination take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
2. Why is Ochs sent to Long Island?
3. Describe the profession of Ochs Jones.
4. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
5. Where does Ochs go after his meeting with Ben Toy, and what events follow?
6. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
7. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
8. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
9. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
10. What causes Ochs to be unhappy during his final meeting with Ben?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)