|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben call the jobs performed by hit men?
2. What is used in order to treat Ben when first arriving at the William Pound Institute?
(b) Journal writing.
3. What evidence is used in order to convict the murderer of Jimmie Lee Horn?
(a) Film footage.
(b) A footprint.
(c) An eye witness.
(d) Fingerprints on a gun.
4. Where is the Southern man left after he is murdered?
(a) His car.
(b) A dumpster.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) A field.
5. What does Berryman tell the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He will send his men after them.
(b) He will take the money and run.
(c) He will make the men disappear without a trace.
(d) He will disappear without a trace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does ipecac syrup mimic?
2. How does Ochs describe the Southern man after hearing the events that led to his appearance?
3. What word does Ochs use to describe Johnboy?
4. In what town does the story take place?
5. What is Johnboy Terrell's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes readers to become more aware of the emotional state of Ben?
2. What does Ochs ask the guard at the mental institute to do for him, and what events follow his request?
3. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
4. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
5. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
6. Where does Ochs go after his meeting with Ben Toy, and what events follow?
7. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
8. When Ochs returns to Tennessee after visiting Ben in the mental institution, what does he learn about Berryman? Why is it important?
9. Describe the profession of Ochs Jones.
10. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)