|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hired Thomas Berryman to kill Horn?
(a) An ex-con.
(b) A southern man.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A northern man.
2. Who is Johnboy's sworn enemy?
3. Who does Ben have information on?
(a) Oona Quinn.
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
(c) Thomas Berryman.
(d) Bert Poole.
4. What is Johnboy Terrell's job?
(b) Current governor.
(d) Ex-law enforcement officer.
5. After two meetings with Ben, what does Ochs think about his story involving the murder of Horn?
(a) It will be entertaining for the public to hear.
(b) It is true.
(c) It is false.
(d) He isn't giving Ochs all of the information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
2. What evidence is used in order to convict the murderer of Jimmie Lee Horn?
3. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
4. What state does Ochs Jones work in?
5. What reason does Ben give for keeping the fact that he's been seeing a psychiatrist away from Berryman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ochs Jones investigating when the story begins, and why?
2. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
3. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
4. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
5. Describe the profession of Ochs Jones.
6. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
7. What happens that causes readers to become more aware of the emotional state of Ben?
8. Explain the crime that Ben commits after accepting the order to kill Horn.
9. When Ochs returns to Tennessee after visiting Ben in the mental institution, what does he learn about Berryman? Why is it important?
10. What makes the Southern man so mysterious in the story?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)