|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ben accepts the order to kill Horn, what happens to him?
(a) He becomes paranoid.
(b) He walks away from the world of hitmen and murder.
(c) He commits a murder.
(d) He falls into a depression.
2. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
(a) To kill two of the brothers.
(b) To kill all three brothers.
(c) To kill one of the brothers.
(d) To ensure the safety of all three brothers.
3. What word does Ochs use to describe Johnboy?
4. Why is the Southern man murdered?
(a) Ben confused him with someone else.
(b) Ben wanted him out of the way.
(c) He continued to follow Ben.
(d) He tried to murder Ben.
5. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Pours it in the toilet.
(d) Poisons himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hired the Southern man?
2. Where does Ben work?
3. Why does Berryman contact the men who hired the Southern man?
4. Who admits Ben to a mental hospital?
5. How does Berryman get in touch with the men who hired the Southern man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Berryman notice about his hands before the rally, and what does it show readers about him?
2. Explain the crime that Ben commits after accepting the order to kill Horn.
3. How does Ochs describe Jimmie Lee Horn?
4. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
5. When Ochs returns to Tennessee after visiting Ben in the mental institution, what does he learn about Berryman? Why is it important?
6. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
7. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
8. What does Ochs wonder about Oona after hearing her stories involving the murder of Horn?
9. When Ochs returns to Long Island, what information is he given?
10. Describe the role of Horn's adviser during Horn's political campaign.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)