|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnboy live?
(a) New York.
2. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
(a) He is visted by several hit men.
(b) He is being followed again.
(c) He receives a death threat.
(d) Berryman becomes violent towards him.
3. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Poisons himself.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Pours it in the toilet.
4. Where was the Southern man from?
(a) New York City.
5. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
(a) The head nurse at the William Pound Institute.
(b) The security guard at the William Pound Institute.
(c) The director at the William Pound Institute.
(d) Berryman's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben work?
2. How long is Ben first admitted to the William Pound Institute for?
3. What does Ochs find in Berryman's apartment that could be useful to his investigation?
4. What is the location of the mental hospital Ochs visits?
5. What is Jimmie Lee Horn's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ben at the end of Part 3, and what does the event cause readers to think about him?
2. When Ochs returns to Nashville after visiting Ben Toy, who does he have a meeting with, and why?
3. What does Berryman notice about his hands before the rally, and what does it show readers about him?
4. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
5. Describe Ochs's writing career for the newspaper in Part 4.
6. What does Berryman do when he travels to Texas?
7. Discuss how a character like Horn, who is very trusting of others, is affected by that type of personality trait.
8. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
9. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
10. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)