|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Southern man from?
(d) New York City.
2. Who is said to have committed the murder of Jimmie Lee Horn?
(a) Ben Toy.
(b) Bert Poole.
(c) Tomas Berryman.
(d) Ochs Jones.
3. Why is Ochs disappointed about the second meeting he has with Ben?
(a) Ben refuses to answer all of his question.
(b) Ben becomes hysterical.
(c) Ben is lying to him.
(d) Ben refuses to speak to him.
4. What does ipecac syrup mimic?
(a) A head cold.
(b) A panic attack.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) The flu.
5. What race is Horn?
(c) African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Ochs's feelings towards Ben cause him to forget about Ben?
2. In what town does the story take place?
3. What does Berryman tell the men who hired the Southern man?
4. What project is Ochs working on?
5. What does Ben feel caused him to have to enter the William Pound Institute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events take place when Berryman arrives in Nashville before Horn's murder?
2. What happens to Ben after accepting the order to kill Horn?
3. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
4. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
5. What happens to Johnboy Terrell at the end of the story?
6. Why does Ochs appear cautious of Oona after hearing her stories about her involvement with Berryman and the plan to murder Horn?
7. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
8. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
9. What suspicious event occurs while Berryman is at his beach house?
10. Explain the meeting that takes place when Berryman takes Oona to New York City.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)