|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jimmie Lee Horn at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is convicted of a crime.
(b) He assassinates the President.
(c) He becomes a member of the senate.
(d) He is assassinated.
2. Where is Ochs when he receives an exciting phone call after meeting with Ben a second time?
3. How long does Ben tell Ochs he's been seeing a psychiatrist?
(d) Six months.
4. What is Jimmie Lee Horn's profession?
(c) News Anchor.
5. Who does Ochs bribe in order to get access into Berryman's apartment?
(a) Berryman's neighbor.
(b) Berryman's doorman.
(c) Berryman's girlfriend.
(d) Berryman's landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Ochs use to describe Johnboy?
2. How is the Southern man killed?
3. Who orders the hit on the Southern man?
4. How does Berryman get in touch with the men who hired the Southern man?
5. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
2. What does the reader find out is the plot of the story after reading the Prologue?
3. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
4. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
5. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
6. Why is Ochs sent to Long Island?
7. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
8. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
9. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
10. What is Ochs Jones investigating when the story begins, and why?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)