|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ochs Jones work?
(a) The White House.
(b) The police station.
(c) A local newspaper.
2. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Pours it in the toilet.
(c) Poisons himself.
(d) Sells it.
3. Who is ordered to murder the Southern man?
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
(c) Berte Poole.
4. What happens the first time Ochs arrives at the mental hospital?
(a) He is turned away.
(b) He waits three hours.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He is checked for weapons.
5. What state does Ochs Jones work in?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ben known Berryman?
2. What does Ben feel caused him to have to enter the William Pound Institute?
3. Where does Johnboy live?
4. What does Ochs asks Ben's hospital guard to get for him after his first visit?
5. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ochs go after his meeting with Ben Toy, and what events follow?
2. What happens that causes readers to become more aware of the emotional state of Ben?
3. When Ochs returns to Long Island, what information is he given?
4. How does Berryman get assigned the job to assassinate Jimmie Lee Horn?
5. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
6. When Ochs returns to Tennessee after visiting Ben in the mental institution, what does he learn about Berryman? Why is it important?
7. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
8. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
9. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
10. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)