|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, what happens to Ben?
(a) He has to be sedated.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He is put in restraints.
(d) He tries to hurt Ochs.
2. Who does Ben inform that he is being followed?
(a) The police.
3. What evidence is used in order to convict the murderer of Jimmie Lee Horn?
(a) Film footage.
(b) Fingerprints on a gun.
(c) A footprint.
(d) An eye witness.
4. What state does Ochs Jones work in?
(d) New York.
5. Why is the Southern man murdered?
(a) He continued to follow Ben.
(b) Ben confused him with someone else.
(c) He tried to murder Ben.
(d) Ben wanted him out of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berryman contact the men who hired the Southern man?
2. What does Ben call the jobs performed by hit men?
3. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
4. Who hired Thomas Berryman to kill Horn?
5. What does Ochs find out Berryman used his credit card for before the Fourth of July?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
2. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
3. Describe the profession of Ochs Jones.
4. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
5. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
6. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
7. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
8. Explain the crime that Ben commits after accepting the order to kill Horn.
9. Why is Ochs sent to Long Island?
10. What happens that causes readers to become more aware of the emotional state of Ben?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)