|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ipecac syrup mimic?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) The flu.
(c) A panic attack.
(d) A head cold.
2. Where does Johnboy live?
(c) New York.
3. What is the location of the mental hospital Ochs visits?
(a) Long Island.
4. Who accepts the job for Berryman to kill Horn?
(a) Thomas Berryman.
(b) Oona Quinn.
(c) Ben Toy.
(d) Johnboy Terrell.
5. How is the Southern man killed?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnboy's standing with the public?
2. Who hired the Southern man?
3. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
4. What could Ochs's feelings toward Ben do to his judgment?
5. What happens the first time Ochs arrives at the mental hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
2. When Ochs returns to Tennessee after visiting Ben in the mental institution, what does he learn about Berryman? Why is it important?
3. What makes the Southern man so mysterious in the story?
4. How does Berryman get assigned the job to assassinate Jimmie Lee Horn?
5. When Ochs returns to Long Island, what information is he given?
6. Explain the crime that Ben commits after accepting the order to kill Horn.
7. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
8. Why is Ochs sent to Long Island?
9. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
10. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)