|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ochs find out Berryman used his credit card for before the Fourth of July?
(a) A trip to the beach.
(b) A ticket to New York.
(c) A trip to Mexico.
(d) A ticket to Nashville.
2. Where was the Southern man from?
(c) New York City.
3. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
(a) The head nurse at the William Pound Institute.
(b) The director at the William Pound Institute.
(c) Berryman's girlfriend.
(d) The security guard at the William Pound Institute.
4. How long is Ben first admitted to the William Pound Institute for?
(a) Six months.
(b) A few days.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. Who does Ben have information on?
(a) Johnboy Terrell.
(b) Bert Poole.
(c) Oona Quinn.
(d) Thomas Berryman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Johnboy's sworn enemy?
2. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
3. Why is the Southern man murdered?
4. What is used in order to treat Ben when first arriving at the William Pound Institute?
5. What happens the first time Ochs arrives at the mental hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
2. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
3. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
4. What happens to Ben after accepting the order to kill Horn?
5. What news does Ochs receive while bathing in his hotel room?
6. What causes Ochs to be unhappy during his final meeting with Ben?
7. When Ochs returns to Tennessee after visiting Ben in the mental institution, what does he learn about Berryman? Why is it important?
8. Explain the crime that Ben commits after accepting the order to kill Horn.
9. What is Ochs Jones investigating when the story begins, and why?
10. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)