|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Berryman get in touch with the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He calls them.
(b) He threatens them through a letter.
(c) He sends hitmen after them.
(d) He visits them.
2. Who is ordered to murder the Southern man?
(a) Berte Poole.
(c) Johnboy Terrell.
3. How is the Southern man killed?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is shot.
4. Where does Ochs Jones work?
(a) The police station.
(b) The White House.
(d) A local newspaper.
5. Where does Ochs return to at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ochs when he receives an exciting phone call after meeting with Ben a second time?
2. Who does Ben inform that he is being followed?
3. In what state is Berryman's apartment located?
4. What does Ochs want to prove with his investigation?
5. Who admits Ben to a mental hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. So far in the story, what things has Berryman done that could label him as someone who does not care about his own safety?
2. Describe the assassination of Horn.
3. What happens when Berryman goes to Bert Poole's house?
4. What does Berryman notice about his hands before the rally, and what does it show readers about him?
5. What does Ochs ask the guard at the mental institute to do for him, and what events follow his request?
6. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
7. How does Berryman die?
8. November is an important part of Part 5 in the story. What happens during this month?
9. Why is Berryman's visit to Texas important to the story?
10. What is the significance of the person who is with Berryman when he dies?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)