|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ochs find out when he receives an exciting phone call after meeting with Ben a second time?
(a) Facts about Thomas Berryman.
(b) Facts on the Southern man.
(c) Facts on Horn's murder.
(d) Facts on Ben Toy's mental state.
2. What does Ochs want to prove with his investigation?
(a) The truth behind the murders of politicians.
(b) The life story of Ben Toy.
(c) The life story of Bert Poole.
(d) The truth behind Horn's murder.
3. What was the Southern man's profession?
(d) Criminal Investigator.
4. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
(a) To kill all three brothers.
(b) To kill two of the brothers.
(c) To kill one of the brothers.
(d) To ensure the safety of all three brothers.
5. What is Jimmie Lee Horn's profession?
(b) News Anchor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Southern man left after he is murdered?
2. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
3. What project is Ochs working on?
4. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
5. What is Ochs Jones investigating in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Johnboy Terrell and what is his relationship with the Southern man?
2. In Part 2, why does Ochs return to Long Island, and what information is he given?
3. Who works on the Bowditch ward at the William Pound Institute, and why is this person important to Ochs's investigation?
4. What does Ben Toy inform Ochs Jones about Thomas Berryman's last job when he was hired as a hit man?
5. What facts arise that lead Ochs to believe Ben's story of Horn's murder?
6. What happens that causes readers to become more aware of the emotional state of Ben?
7. Where does Ochs go after his meeting with Ben Toy, and what events follow?
8. How does Ochs's opinion of Ben change from his first interview to his last?
9. Describe Ben Toy's profession.
10. How does empathy play a part in the relationship between Ochs and Ben?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)