|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of night does Oona say she and Berryman spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
(a) A wonderful night.
(b) An unforgetful night.
(c) A romantic night.
(d) A hostile night.
2. What does Oona allow Ochs to do when he visits?
(a) Watch TV with her.
(b) Stay at the house.
(c) Stay in the guest house.
(d) Have dinner with her.
3. Where is Johnboy when he encourages a friend to run for the senate seat Horn is after?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A country club.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A Fourth of July rally.
4. Where did Berryman and Oona stay a few weeks before Horn's murder?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) The beach house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) New York City.
5. Where does Berryman's father live?
(b) Long Island.
(c) Rhode Island.
6. What day(s) of the week did Oona and Berryman stay together a few weeks before Horn's murder?
(c) The week days.
(d) The weekend.
7. What does Berryman wear when he goes to see Johnboy?
(a) A mask.
(b) A silver belt buckle.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) Black gloves.
8. When Ochs is contacted due to his newspaper articles, what does the caller tell him?
(a) They were visited by Berryman.
(b) They were investigated.
(c) Their identity was stolen.
(d) They were hired to murder Berryman.
9. When is Berryman said to have traveled to Nashville?
(a) The weekend before July 4th.
(b) The last week of June.
(c) The first week of July.
(d) The middle of June.
10. What does Oona feel when Berryman leaves the beach house?
(a) Frustration and worry.
(c) Anger and worry.
(d) Purely anger.
11. Who is hired by a local cop in Philadelphia to kill Berryman?
(a) Joe Cubs.
(b) Joe Cubbah.
(c) Johnny Joseph.
(d) Joe Jones.
12. Why does Berryman go see Johnboy after visiting his father?
(a) To inform him about his knowledge of Horn.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To become his alliance.
(d) To threaten him.
13. What are Berryman's thoughts about the car that drives past his house several times?
(a) He doesn't notice the car.
(b) He doesn't become alarmed.
(c) He follows the car.
(d) He memorizes the license plate number.
14. Where does Berryman go before leaving New York City?
(a) Ben's flower shop.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) His parents' house.
(d) Ben's house.
15. When arriving in Nashville, where does Berryman go?
(a) To see Horn's wife.
(b) To see Bert Poole.
(c) To see Ben Toy.
(d) Horn's campaign headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berryman go see his father?
2. Who does Berryman see several times in Nashville that causes him to take an interest in this person?
3. Who does Ochs watch the film footage of Horn's assassination with?
4. Why does Berryman run an errand for himself when he normally would not?
5. What does Berryman remember about a trip he took to Mexico?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)