|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of one of Ochs's articles, what does he personally receive?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A letter.
2. What does Berryman remember about a trip he took to Mexico?
(a) A murder he planned.
(b) A run-in with a group of hit men.
(c) The fun he had with his brother.
(d) The fishing trip he went on.
3. Where is Johnboy when he encourages a friend to run for the senate seat Horn is after?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A Fourth of July rally.
(d) A country club.
4. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
(a) He likes them.
(b) He dislikes them.
(c) He is concerned about them.
(d) He does not trust them.
5. Who does Horn go visit at the police headquarters in Nashville?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A family member.
(d) A reporter.
6. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
(b) His brother.
7. Who does Berryman see several times in Nashville that causes him to take an interest in this person?
(a) Bert Poole.
(b) The governor.
(c) Ben Toy.
(d) Horn's adviser.
8. Where does Berryman say he wants to retire?
9. When Ochs is contacted due to his newspaper articles, what does the caller tell him?
(a) They were investigated.
(b) They were visited by Berryman.
(c) Their identity was stolen.
(d) They were hired to murder Berryman.
10. What is unusual about the man Berryman goes to see in New York City with Oona?
(a) He wears an eye patch.
(b) He does not give his name.
(c) He wears a mask.
(d) He will not look them in the eye.
11. What does Berryman wear when he goes to see Johnboy?
(a) A mask.
(b) A silver belt buckle.
(c) Black gloves.
(d) Cowboy boots.
12. What does one of Ochs's articles for the newspaper he works for receive?
(a) World attention.
(b) Local attention.
(c) A national award.
(d) National attention.
13. How does Ochs describe the Quinns?
(a) Loving and unassuming.
(b) Upbeat and happy.
14. Where did Berryman and Oona stay a few weeks before Horn's murder?
(a) The beach house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) New York City.
15. What does Horn's adviser tell him could cost him many white votes?
(a) His wardrobe.
(b) His accent.
(c) His past records.
(d) His hairstyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the threat on Horn's life not aired on live television?
2. Where does Berryman leave a note for Ben?
3. What does Horn tell the person he visits at the police station to do?
4. Who is Oona Quinn in relation to Berryman?
5. What kind of house does Ochs visit at the beginning of Part 3?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)