|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ochs begin to believe about Oona after meeting her?
(a) She knows where Berryman is.
(b) She is on the run.
(c) She is not telling him everything.
(d) Her story.
2. Where does Berryman say he wants to retire?
3. What kind of night does Oona say she and Berryman spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
(a) A romantic night.
(b) A hostile night.
(c) A wonderful night.
(d) An unforgetful night.
4. How does Ochs describe the Quinns?
(b) Loving and unassuming.
(c) Upbeat and happy.
5. What are Berryman's thoughts about the car that drives past his house several times?
(a) He memorizes the license plate number.
(b) He doesn't become alarmed.
(c) He follows the car.
(d) He doesn't notice the car.
6. How does Ochs know so much about Horn?
(a) Past articles he's written.
(b) A fellow reporter gave him information.
(c) He was related to him.
(d) He was good friends with him.
7. What happens to Ben when he has a nervous breakdown?
(a) He faints.
(b) He commits murder.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is admitted to a mental hospital.
8. What does Oona say Berryman went to New York City to do?
(a) Get a layout of Horn's house.
(b) Get a new identity.
(c) Get instructions on how to kill Horn.
(d) Commit a murder.
9. Where did Berryman and Oona stay a few weeks before Horn's murder?
(a) The beach house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) New York City.
10. What does Oona say she and Berryman were under the influence of on the night they spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
(a) Alcohol and drugs.
11. What does Berryman find when he breaks into Poole's house?
(a) A note with the date and time of Horn's rally.
(b) Poole's gun.
(c) Useful photographs.
(d) A layout of Horn's rally.
12. What was charged to the person's credit card who contacted Ochs due to his newspaper articles?
(a) A train ride.
(b) A gun.
(c) A seafood dinner.
(d) Airplane tickets to France.
13. When arriving in Nashville, where does Berryman go?
(a) To see Horn's wife.
(b) Horn's campaign headquarters.
(c) To see Bert Poole.
(d) To see Ben Toy.
14. What does Horn's adviser tell him could cost him many white votes?
(a) His past records.
(b) His wardrobe.
(c) His hairstyle.
(d) His accent.
15. What does Berryman discuss with Oona the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(a) Horn's career.
(b) He wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the man Berryman goes to see in New York City with Oona?
2. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
3. Why does Berryman go see Johnboy after visiting his father?
4. Where does Berryman's father live?
5. Where is Berryman when he thinks about where he would like to retire?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)