|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oona say she and Berryman were under the influence of on the night they spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
(b) Alcohol and drugs.
2. Why does Berryman run an errand for himself when he normally would not?
(a) It is part of his assignment.
(b) Ben has disappeared.
(c) Oona will not do it.
(d) He only trusts himself to do it.
3. Who is Oona Quinn in relation to Berryman?
(a) His friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His girlfriend.
4. What does Oona feel when Berryman leaves the beach house?
(a) Purely anger.
(b) Anger and worry.
(d) Frustration and worry.
5. What does Berryman promise Oona before leaving the beach house?
(a) He will not come back.
(b) He will return.
(c) He will call her.
(d) He is leaving town.
6. What is Berryman's father's profession?
(a) Retired cop.
(b) Retired doctor.
(c) Retired lawyer.
(d) Retired judge.
7. How does Ochs know so much about Horn?
(a) He was good friends with him.
(b) He was related to him.
(c) A fellow reporter gave him information.
(d) Past articles he's written.
8. Who normally runs errands for Berryman involving the jobs he is going to perform?
(b) His brother.
9. What does Horn's adviser instruct Horn to do in order to receive more votes?
(a) Speak differently.
(b) Cut his hair.
(c) Visit more white neighborhoods.
(d) Buy a different wardrobe.
10. As a result of one of Ochs's articles, what does he personally receive?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone call.
11. What happens to Ben when he has a nervous breakdown?
(a) He is admitted to a mental hospital.
(b) He commits murder.
(c) He faints.
(d) He is arrested.
12. Who does Ochs manage to get an interview with after watching the film footage of Horn's assassination?
(a) Bert Poole's parents.
(c) Bert Poole.
(d) Horn's campaign adviser.
13. What does Berryman question Oona about the morning after he slips and tells her his secret?
(a) Whether she trusts him.
(b) Whether she'll help him kill Horn.
(c) Whether he should kill Horn.
(d) Whether she could kill someone if given money to do it.
14. After Berryman goes to see Johnboy, what does Johnboy do?
(a) Follows Berryman.
(b) Hires a hit man to kill Berryman.
(c) Tries to shoot Berryman.
(d) Calls off the job Berryman has to kill Horn.
15. Where is Berryman when he thinks about where he would like to retire?
(a) On a train.
(b) At the beach.
(c) On an airplane.
(d) In a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Berryman's father live?
2. How does Ochs feel towards the Quinns?
3. What is Berryman doing when he sees a car drive past his house several times?
4. What day(s) of the week did Oona and Berryman stay together a few weeks before Horn's murder?
5. Why does Berryman go see Johnboy after visiting his father?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)