|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company do the three brothers own?
(a) An engineering company.
(b) An airplane company.
(c) A limousine company.
(d) A hotel chain.
2. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
(a) He is being followed again.
(b) He is visted by several hit men.
(c) Berryman becomes violent towards him.
(d) He receives a death threat.
3. What word does Ochs use to describe Johnboy?
4. What does Ben call the jobs performed by hit men?
5. What is the person wearing, who shoots Bert Poole?
(a) A state trooper uniform.
(b) A trench coat.
(c) A KKK costume.
(d) An army uniform.
6. What is Ochs Jones investigating in the story?
(a) Murders of politicians over the past twenty decades.
(b) Crimes of politicians over the past decade.
(c) The death of Bert Poole.
(d) The death of Horn.
7. What does Ochs find out when he receives an exciting phone call after meeting with Ben a second time?
(a) Facts on the Southern man.
(b) Facts on Ben Toy's mental state.
(c) Facts about Thomas Berryman.
(d) Facts on Horn's murder.
8. In what state is Berryman's apartment located?
(b) New York.
9. What happens to Jimmie Lee Horn at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is convicted of a crime.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He becomes a member of the senate.
(d) He assassinates the President.
10. How does Ochs describe the Southern man after hearing the events that led to his appearance?
11. How is the Southern man killed?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is drowned.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is shot.
12. Who hired the Southern man?
(a) Johnboy Terrell.
(b) Horn's best friend.
(c) Berryman's girlfriend.
(d) Ben Toy.
13. Who does Ben believe is following him?
(a) A news castor.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A hit man.
(d) The southern man.
14. After two meetings with Ben, what does Ochs think about his story involving the murder of Horn?
(a) It is false.
(b) It will be entertaining for the public to hear.
(c) It is true.
(d) He isn't giving Ochs all of the information.
15. Where does Ochs Jones work?
(b) A local newspaper.
(c) The White House.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does an assassination take place?
2. What is Johnboy's standing with the public?
3. Why is the Southern man murdered?
4. What could Ochs's feelings toward Ben do to his judgment?
5. What does Ochs asks Ben's hospital guard to get for him after his first visit?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)