|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race is Horn?
(c) African American.
2. Why is the Southern man murdered?
(a) Ben wanted him out of the way.
(b) Ben confused him with someone else.
(c) He continued to follow Ben.
(d) He tried to murder Ben.
3. How does Berryman get in touch with the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He calls them.
(b) He sends hitmen after them.
(c) He visits them.
(d) He threatens them through a letter.
4. What does Ochs want to prove with his investigation?
(a) The life story of Ben Toy.
(b) The life story of Bert Poole.
(c) The truth behind the murders of politicians.
(d) The truth behind Horn's murder.
5. Where does Ben work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A flower shop.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A law office.
6. What does Berryman tell the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He will take the money and run.
(b) He will make the men disappear without a trace.
(c) He will send his men after them.
(d) He will disappear without a trace.
7. What does Ochs find in Berryman's apartment that could be useful to his investigation?
(a) A gun.
8. Why does Berryman contact the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He wants to call off the hit on Horn.
(b) He wants to know who the Southern man was.
(c) He doesn't want to be followed.
(d) He wants to request a hit on Ochs.
9. What evidence is used in order to convict the murderer of Jimmie Lee Horn?
(a) Film footage.
(b) Fingerprints on a gun.
(c) A footprint.
(d) An eye witness.
10. Who hired Thomas Berryman to kill Horn?
(a) A northern man.
(b) A southern man.
(c) An ex-con.
(d) A police officer.
11. Who does Ochs visit the day after he investigates Berryman's apartment?
(a) Berryman's girlfriend.
(b) The head nurse at the William Pound Institute.
(c) The director at the William Pound Institute.
(d) The security guard at the William Pound Institute.
12. Due to Ben's mental health issues, what does Ochs begin to feel for him?
(b) Lack of trust.
13. How is the Southern man killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is drowned.
(c) He is hung.
(d) He is poisoned.
14. When Ben accepts the order to kill Horn, what happens to him?
(a) He commits a murder.
(b) He walks away from the world of hitmen and murder.
(c) He falls into a depression.
(d) He becomes paranoid.
15. What is Jimmie Lee Horn's profession?
(c) News Anchor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does the story take place?
2. How does Ochs describe the Southern man after hearing the events that led to his appearance?
3. What is the person wearing, who shoots Bert Poole?
4. What is used in order to treat Ben when first arriving at the William Pound Institute?
5. During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, what happens to Ben?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)