|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
(a) To ensure the safety of all three brothers.
(b) To kill two of the brothers.
(c) To kill all three brothers.
(d) To kill one of the brothers.
2. Who admits Ben to a mental hospital?
(a) His mother.
3. After two meetings with Ben, what does Ochs think about his story involving the murder of Horn?
(a) It is true.
(b) It will be entertaining for the public to hear.
(c) He isn't giving Ochs all of the information.
(d) It is false.
4. What happens the first time Ochs arrives at the mental hospital?
(a) He is checked for weapons.
(b) He is turned away.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He waits three hours.
5. What is the location of the mental hospital Ochs visits?
(d) Long Island.
6. Why does Berryman contact the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He wants to request a hit on Ochs.
(b) He doesn't want to be followed.
(c) He wants to know who the Southern man was.
(d) He wants to call off the hit on Horn.
7. Where does Ochs Jones work?
(b) The police station.
(c) The White House.
(d) A local newspaper.
8. What is Ochs Jones's profession?
(b) Law Teacher.
9. Why is Ochs disappointed about the second meeting he has with Ben?
(a) Ben becomes hysterical.
(b) Ben refuses to answer all of his question.
(c) Ben is lying to him.
(d) Ben refuses to speak to him.
10. What does Berryman tell the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He will take the money and run.
(b) He will disappear without a trace.
(c) He will send his men after them.
(d) He will make the men disappear without a trace.
11. Who orders the hit on the Southern man?
(c) Johnboy Terrell.
12. How does Ochs describe the Southern man after hearing the events that led to his appearance?
13. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
(a) Pours it in the toilet.
(b) Poisons himself.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Hides it.
14. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
(a) Berryman becomes violent towards him.
(b) He receives a death threat.
(c) He is being followed again.
(d) He is visted by several hit men.
15. In what town does the story take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Ochs's feelings towards Ben cause him to forget about Ben?
2. Where does Ben work?
3. What happens to Jimmie Lee Horn at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Ben feel caused him to have to enter the William Pound Institute?
5. During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, what happens to Ben?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)