|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Berryman contact the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He wants to call off the hit on Horn.
(b) He wants to request a hit on Ochs.
(c) He wants to know who the Southern man was.
(d) He doesn't want to be followed.
2. What role does Ben say he played in the assassination of Horn?
(a) A go-between for hitmen.
(c) Fact Checker.
3. Where was the Southern man from?
(b) New York City.
4. Why is the Southern man murdered?
(a) He continued to follow Ben.
(b) Ben wanted him out of the way.
(c) Ben confused him with someone else.
(d) He tried to murder Ben.
5. What was the Southern man's profession?
(a) Criminal Investigator.
6. What could Ochs's feelings towards Ben cause him to forget about Ben?
(a) He has mental issues.
(b) He's a murderer.
(c) He could be lying.
(d) He is helping him.
7. What happens to Jimmie Lee Horn at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is convicted of a crime.
(b) He assassinates the President.
(c) He is assassinated.
(d) He becomes a member of the senate.
8. What is Ochs Jones's profession?
(c) Law Teacher.
9. In what town does the story take place?
(c) Los Angeles.
10. What race is Horn?
(b) African American.
11. What causes Ben to become so scared in Part 2?
(a) He receives a death threat.
(b) He is visted by several hit men.
(c) Berryman becomes violent towards him.
(d) He is being followed again.
12. Who does Ben have information on?
(a) Oona Quinn.
(b) Johnboy Terrell.
(c) Bert Poole.
(d) Thomas Berryman.
13. How long is Ben first admitted to the William Pound Institute for?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) A few days.
14. Who admits Ben to a mental hospital?
(a) His mother.
15. During Ochs's second meeting with Ben, what happens to Ben?
(a) He tries to hurt Ochs.
(b) He has to be sedated.
(c) He is put in restraints.
(d) He collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence is used in order to convict the murderer of Jimmie Lee Horn?
2. What does Berryman do with ipecac syrup?
3. How is the Southern man killed?
4. What was Berryman's job involving the three brothers?
5. When Ben accepts the order to kill Horn, what happens to him?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)