|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, The First Southern Detective Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project is Ochs working on?
(a) Finishing an art installment.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Directing a television show.
(d) Writing a film script.
2. What does Oona say she and Berryman were under the influence of on the night they spent together a few weeks before the murder of Horn?
(c) Alcohol and drugs.
3. Why does Berryman run an errand for himself when he normally would not?
(a) Oona will not do it.
(b) Ben has disappeared.
(c) It is part of his assignment.
(d) He only trusts himself to do it.
4. What does Horn's adviser tell him could cost him many white votes?
(a) His wardrobe.
(b) His accent.
(c) His past records.
(d) His hairstyle.
5. How does Berryman get in touch with the men who hired the Southern man?
(a) He sends hitmen after them.
(b) He calls them.
(c) He threatens them through a letter.
(d) He visits them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Berryman finds the note from Ben, how does he feel?
2. In what town does the story take place?
3. When Ochs is contacted due to his newspaper articles, what does the caller tell him?
4. What does Ochs find in Berryman's apartment that could be useful to his investigation?
5. What reason does Ben give for keeping the fact that he's been seeing a psychiatrist away from Berryman?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)