Prologue, Down on the Farm (1962), Preface, Jones' Thomas Berryman (1974), and Part 1, The First Trip North
• Mayor Jimmie Lee Horn of Nashville has been killed.
• Horn's apparent killer is Bert Poole.
• The entire murder is caught on news footage that is aired to the public.
• Ochs Jones is introduced.
• Ochs is a reporter for a local Nashville newspaper in Tennessee.
• Ochs is currently investigating the death of Horn.
• Ochs is writing a book on the truth behind Horn's murder.
• Ochs is sent to Long Island to interview Ben Toy.
• Ben is a mental patient at the William Pound Institute.
• Ben says he has information on the murder of Horn.
• Ochs believes the meeting will be a dead end, but goes any way.
• During Ochs's first visit with Ben, Ben tells him about his friend and business associate, Thomas Berryman.
• Berryman is hired by a southern man with orders to...
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)