|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angus plan to keep doing even though he has technically returned to Margaret?
2. As Margaret awaits word about her divorce, where does Albany return to?
3. What is the only good thing to come of Henry's wife's death?
4. Who does Margaret want to marry if her divorce from Angus is granted?
5. What does Margaret admire about Albany and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Albany know will happen when he starts courting Margaret?
2. Why does James disagree with his mother about his divorce request?
3. What does James realize about his captors after he is attacked while with George Douglas and his guards?
4. Why does Angus want to go after Harry?
5. After one year in England, what does Margaret tell Henry her goal is for returning to Scotland?
6. Why does Margaret object to James's request for a divorce for his lover when she herself had a request granted?
7. How does Angus foil one of James's escape attempts?
8. How does Angus respond to Margaret's confrontation when he visits her as she is en route to Henry's court?
9. What does Henry do to impress upon Margaret how his English Court is superior to her Scottish one?
10. What does Margaret come to realize once James takes the throne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least four ways that Margaret goes against traditional gender roles of the times and how each of these non-traditional character traits helps or harms her in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What three major aspects of "The Thistle and the Rose" would have been different if Margaret were a man?
Essay Topic 3
Chose one child character from "The Thistle and the Rose" and discuss three ways that this specific child influences the story. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)