|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the common people feel about Albany's plans to invade England?
(a) Some are for him, some are against him.
(b) They originally are behind him.
(c) They think it's a bad idea from day one.
(d) No one really cares what he does as long as they have food and shelter.
2. Who intervenes on behalf of those in custody after Evil May Day?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
3. How does Margaret know she has suddenly become sick?
(a) She begins shaking horribly.
(b) She keeps fainting.
(c) She starts losing her vision.
(d) She begins vomiting, which she has never done before.
4. What does Margaret fear about her son during her time in England?
(a) That he will be murdered.
(b) That he will try to escape and be injured during the attempt.
(c) That he will forget her.
(d) That he will come to hate her.
5. What is the name of the little girl Margaret gave birth to as she fled to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the children Margaret bore during her marriage to Harry?
2. What must Margaret leave behind before she is allowed to see James once she returns to Scotland?
3. What main characteristic does James share with his parents?
4. Who sends Margaret a priest to discourage her from getting a divorce?
5. Where does Angus flee once James assumes the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. After one year in England, what does Margaret tell Henry her goal is for returning to Scotland?
2. Why does James refuse to support Angus's challenge to Harry?
3. Why does Margaret object to James's request for a divorce for his lover when she herself had a request granted?
4. What does Henry like so much about Margaret, Mary, and Katherine's plea for mercy for those involved in Evil May Day?
5. Once Margaret learns that Albany has also been unfaithful, where does she put all of her energy and determination?
6. How do Katherine and Henry react to Margaret's plans for divorce?
7. How does Angus foil one of James's escape attempts?
8. Why does Henry want to remove Albany from the Scottish realm?
9. Why does James disagree with his mother about his divorce request?
10. What does Angus believe about his relationship with Margaret, even though she acts aloof when she sees him after learning of his infidelity?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)