|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Albany enlist to help persuade Margaret to return to England?
(a) Baby James.
2. Who foils James's second escape attempt?
3. Who was Katherine's first husband?
(a) Margaret's first husband, James.
(b) Henry's older brother Arthur.
(c) Mary's first husband.
(d) Some man no one really knows much about.
4. Why does James think Albany is aligning himself with the Flemings?
(a) To overthrow Margaret.
(b) To rescue him from his imprisonment.
(c) To plot James's own murder.
(d) To gather an army against Henry.
5. Who has Harry thrown into jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret admire about Albany and his wife?
2. What happens to James's first wife?
3. Who is Angus glad to know forgave him for his marriage to Margaret?
4. How do the common people feel about Albany's plans to invade England?
5. When does Margaret marry Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angus respond to Margaret's confrontation when he visits her as she is en route to Henry's court?
2. What does Margaret come to realize once James takes the throne?
3. Why are people afraid to oppose James when he demands that Parliament recognize him as king?
4. What does Angus believe about his relationship with Margaret, even though she acts aloof when she sees him after learning of his infidelity?
5. After one year in England, what does Margaret tell Henry her goal is for returning to Scotland?
6. Why does James refuse to support Angus's challenge to Harry?
7. What does Mary remind Margaret of during one of Henry's jousting matches?
8. What dampers Margaret's excitement about returning to England?
9. Why does Angus fight Margaret's divorce request?
10. What does Henry like so much about Margaret, Mary, and Katherine's plea for mercy for those involved in Evil May Day?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)