|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret name the son she has after James's death?
2. What is the one thing that Margaret can give James that his lovers cannot?
(a) A legitimate heir.
(b) The crown.
(d) True love.
3. How does James treat his children?
(a) He only loves the girls.
(b) He only loves the boys.
(c) He dotes on them.
(d) He spoils them rotten and they end up annoying everyone else.
4. Who remains constantly by Margaret's side after she learns her first-born son has died?
(d) No one; she is terribly alone.
5. What prevents Margaret from moving more quickly with Angus?
(a) The fact that he is still married.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her shyness.
(d) His shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angus feel about marrying Margaret?
2. Why is Angus single when Margaret becomes interested in him?
3. Who is Angus in love with when Bell-the-Cat dies?
4. What does Margaret say is the main thing influencing her desire to have James stop with his affairs?
5. Who is John Stuart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bell-the-Cat tell Angus on his deathbed?
2. What does Lord Drummond request of Angus in regard to his love life?
3. What reasons does Margaret convey in a letter as to why Henry should not attack Scotland shortly after James dies in battle?
4. Who is Margaret at Stobhall?
5. What happens with the transition of power after James is killed in battle?
6. Why are some people upset about how quickly Margaret married Angus?
7. Why does James think it's a perfectly fine idea to bring his illegitimate children to the castle to live?
8. How does Henry respond to Margaret's letter requesting that he not invade Scotland shortly after James dies in battle?
9. What does Margaret have James do for Albany upon his arrival to Scotland?
10. What happens to Margaret at Stobhall?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)