|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the King of Scotland when James dies?
(a) Young Baby James.
(d) David Lindsay.
2. How does Margaret react to learning that James has stayed for a while with Lady Heron?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She doesn't care anymore.
(c) She is happy, since Lady Heron is her friend.
(d) She kills herself.
3. Why does Bell-the-Cat die?
(a) James kills him.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) From grief over losing loved ones.
(d) He is poisoned.
4. Why is Angus's family eager for him to become involved with Margaret?
(a) This is a trick question; the reader never learns how Angus's family feels.
(b) Because of the benefits it will bring the family.
(c) Because they like Margaret.
(d) Because they want to overthrow Margaret.
5. What is Anne's health like when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) She is very sick and likely to die soon.
(b) She is very, very healthy.
(c) She is pretty healthy but breaks her leg riding her horse.
(d) She has some mental health problems but is otherwise okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Stuart living when he is called to Scotland?
2. How does Henry respond to Margaret's request for her inheritance?
3. How is Margaret's mother's pregnancy progressing when Margaret gets married?
4. What country does Henry invade shortly after the second baby James is born?
5. Why is the alliance between Albany and Angus particularly scandalous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about Margaret's marriage to James in England?
2. What kind of relationship does Margaret want with James?
3. Why is there a need for another son besides Henry in the Tudor family?
4. How does Henry approach his future kingship when he is young?
5. How does James react to learning that Janet Kennedy has a lover 25 years her senior?
6. In "The Curse of Sauchieburn," why does Margaret try to intervene with James when several Scottish men are arrested in England?
7. What happens with the transition of power after James is killed in battle?
8. How does Margaret respond to Henry when they are both young?
9. Who is Margaret at Stobhall?
10. Why does James finally agree to marry Margaret?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)