|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arran?
(a) A fortune-teller.
(b) A man against Margaret's wish for a divorce from Angus.
(c) A man who wants to help Margaret divorce Angus.
(d) Margaret's most trusted adviser.
2. Where is James when Margaret becomes ill at the end of the novel?
(a) Away in France, waging war.
(b) In a prison, awaiting trial.
(c) On the throne, in power.
(d) Off with his mistress in some country Margaret's never heard of.
3. Once Margaret escapes after Harry is thrown in jail, what kind of power does Angus have?
(a) That of an "uncrowned King."
(b) Rightful power to the throne.
(c) Very strong power since he has also conquered England.
(d) Very strong power since he is having an affair with a French princess.
4. How does Margaret respond to James's request for her help with his desired marriage?
(a) She asks to stay out of it.
(b) She pretends to support him while really sabotaging him.
(c) She refuses and thinks it's a mistake.
(d) She does everything she can.
5. How does James eventually break free from his guards?
(a) Margaret attacks the castle he is being held in.
(b) He overpowers them.
(c) He poisons them all with special wine.
(d) He walks away, to become king.
6. What clothing problem does Margaret have at the events Henry throws upon her arrival?
(a) She has become too fat for her clothes.
(b) She is overdressed at nearly everything.
(c) She has become too skinny for her clothes.
(d) She doesn't have enough gowns.
7. What must Margaret leave behind before she is allowed to see James once she returns to Scotland?
(a) Nearly all of her attendants.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) All of her weapons.
(d) Her coat.
8. How does Margaret respond to all of the events that Henry plans when she returns to England?
(a) She feels sick because she is pregnant again.
(b) She is too distracted by the sons she left behind.
(c) She is afraid someone is trying to poison her wine all the time.
(d) She enjoys the fun and attention.
9. What sport does Henry enjoy participating in?
10. What lie of Angus's does Margaret believe when she returns to Scotland?
(a) That he has worked tirelessly on her behalf.
(b) That he is sorry for having abandoned her.
(c) That he never fell out of love with her.
(d) That he wants to involve her more in the running of the country.
11. As Margaret awaits word about her divorce, where does Albany return to?
12. How many times has Mary been married when she and Margaret meet again in England?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times but only to 4 men.
13. What convinces James to marry the person Margaret wants him to?
(a) He sees how beautiful she is.
(b) He doesn't want to disappoint his mother.
(c) His friends report that his new wife is really smart.
(d) He gets tired of having Margaret yell at him.
14. Who has Harry thrown into jail?
15. How does Mary respond to Margaret's arrival to Henry's court?
(a) She is jealous and mean.
(b) She is thrilled and impressed.
(c) She is shy and intimidated.
(d) She is snotty and aloof.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margaret know she has suddenly become sick?
2. What reason does Margaret give Angus for why he should leave her apartment as she prepares to arrive at Henry's court?
3. How does Margaret feel as her journey to Henry's court awaits?
4. Why does Albany want Margaret to return to England?
5. Who is James Hamilton?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)