|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arran most opposed to?
(a) Women ruling Scotland.
(b) Illegitimate children.
(c) The marriage between Margaret and the Douglas clan.
(d) The idea of divorce.
2. Why does Albany request permission to return to his wife?
(a) Because she refuses to travel anymore.
(b) Because he wants to sire some more children.
(c) Because she is very sick.
(d) Because she is very lonely.
3. What does James demand in front of Parliament?
(a) To be recognized as the rightful king.
(b) To have his mother be given the nicest room in the castle.
(c) To be allowed to marry -- finally.
(d) To be paid for his imprisonment.
4. When does Margaret marry Harry?
(a) After she is diagnosed with cancer.
(b) After her divorce is granted.
(c) After Henry dies.
(d) After Angus dies.
5. What is the only good thing to come of Henry's wife's death?
(a) Her death starts a war.
(b) Her death ends a war.
(c) She leaves behind a baby boy, an heir.
(d) He can now marry the woman he wants.
6. What was wrong with Mary's first husband according to her?
(a) He was too old.
(b) He was too boring.
(c) He was too sick.
(d) He was too annoying.
7. What does Margaret confess to James that Albany probably doesn't have the ambition for?
(a) Neither of these answers is correct.
(b) Both of these answers are correct.
(c) Murdering someone.
(d) Becoming the king of Scotland.
8. How bad is James's case of smallpox?
(a) Really bad.
(b) James doesn't get smallpox.
(c) Only kind of bad.
(d) Not bad at all.
9. What is the age relationship between Margaret and Harry?
(a) Harry is much younger.
(b) Margaret is much younger.
(c) They are about the same age.
(d) This is a trick question; their ages are never really discussed in the novel.
10. Who sends Margaret a priest to discourage her from getting a divorce?
(a) Mary, via Henry.
(b) Henry, via Mary.
(c) Katherine, via Henry.
(d) Henry, via Katherine.
11. Why does Albany want Margaret to return to England?
(a) So he can bring in a new wife.
(b) So he can control her.
(c) So he can have her poisoned.
(d) So she will stop nagging at him.
12. Where is Mary when Margaret becomes ill at the end of the novel?
(a) In England.
(b) By her side.
(c) By James's side on the throne.
(d) Margaret isn't sure but wants to know.
13. How does Margaret respond to James's request for her help with his desired marriage?
(a) She does everything she can.
(b) She refuses and thinks it's a mistake.
(c) She asks to stay out of it.
(d) She pretends to support him while really sabotaging him.
14. What sport does Henry enjoy participating in?
15. Who writes to Albany directly and requests that he return to Scotland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margaret thinking about when she becomes ill at the conclusion of "The Thistle and the Rose"?
2. Who does Margaret want to marry if her divorce from Angus is granted?
3. What is Evil May Day?
4. What does Margaret call for when she begins to recover from smallpox?
5. What does Margaret want to convince Angus to do with her?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)