|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who foils James's second escape attempt?
2. What does Margaret do right before she dies?
(a) Send for James.
(b) Realize the errors of her ways.
(c) Claim to see God.
(d) Apologize to her servants.
3. What group calls on Albany to return to Scotland?
(a) The ministers of Scotland.
(b) The high priests of England.
(c) The ministers of Spain.
(d) The high priests of France.
4. What does Margaret think about her sudden illness at the end of "The Thistle and the Rose"?
(a) That it is very serious.
(b) That it must have been something she ate.
(c) That it is not serious at all.
(d) That it will go away in a minute or two.
5. As Margaret awaits word about her divorce, where does Angus return to?
6. Who has Harry thrown into jail?
7. How does Henry feel about the English Court in relation to the Scottish Court?
(a) That the Scottish Court is superior.
(b) That they are both ridiculous and a waste of time and money.
(c) That they are equal.
(d) That the English Court is superior.
8. Who was Katherine's first husband?
(a) Some man no one really knows much about.
(b) Henry's older brother Arthur.
(c) Mary's first husband.
(d) Margaret's first husband, James.
9. Where does Angus flee once James assumes the throne?
10. How bad is James's case of smallpox?
(a) Not bad at all.
(b) James doesn't get smallpox.
(c) Really bad.
(d) Only kind of bad.
11. Where is Albany living when Margaret returns to Scotland?
12. Where is James when Margaret becomes ill at the end of the novel?
(a) In a prison, awaiting trial.
(b) On the throne, in power.
(c) Off with his mistress in some country Margaret's never heard of.
(d) Away in France, waging war.
13. What happened to Mary's first husband?
(a) He was sent to jail and never heard from again.
(b) He died.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He killed himself.
14. Who does James ultimately agree to marry?
(a) The daughter of the Kind of Spain.
(b) The daughter of the King of France.
(c) The daughter of the King of Scotland.
(d) The daughter of the King of England.
15. Who does Albany enlist to help persuade Margaret to return to England?
(d) Baby James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Douglas?
2. What is the only good thing to come of Henry's wife's death?
3. Why does James think Albany is aligning himself with the Flemings?
4. As Angus tries to gain power after Harry is thrown in jail, what does James take more control of?
5. When does Margaret marry Harry?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)