|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie of Angus's does Margaret believe when she returns to Scotland?
(a) That he never fell out of love with her.
(b) That he wants to involve her more in the running of the country.
(c) That he is sorry for having abandoned her.
(d) That he has worked tirelessly on her behalf.
2. What does Margaret do right before she dies?
(a) Send for James.
(b) Realize the errors of her ways.
(c) Apologize to her servants.
(d) Claim to see God.
3. Who does James ultimately agree to marry?
(a) The daughter of the Kind of Spain.
(b) The daughter of the King of England.
(c) The daughter of the King of Scotland.
(d) The daughter of the King of France.
4. Who is with James when some people try to take James from his guards?
(d) George Douglas.
5. Who foils James's second escape attempt?
6. Who is James Hamilton?
(a) Margaret's nephew.
(b) Margaret's son.
(c) A young man Margaret takes as her new lover.
(d) Angus's cousin, who Margaret gets a crush on.
7. What main characteristic does James share with his parents?
8. Who was Katherine's first husband?
(a) Some man no one really knows much about.
(b) Margaret's first husband, James.
(c) Mary's first husband.
(d) Henry's older brother Arthur.
9. How does Margaret know she has suddenly become sick?
(a) She begins vomiting, which she has never done before.
(b) She begins shaking horribly.
(c) She keeps fainting.
(d) She starts losing her vision.
10. What happened to Mary's first husband?
(a) He was sent to jail and never heard from again.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died.
11. How does James eventually break free from his guards?
(a) He poisons them all with special wine.
(b) He walks away, to become king.
(c) Margaret attacks the castle he is being held in.
(d) He overpowers them.
12. How bad is James's case of smallpox?
(a) Really bad.
(b) Not bad at all.
(c) James doesn't get smallpox.
(d) Only kind of bad.
13. Why can James not marry the person he has fallen in love with?
(a) Because he needs his mother's approval first.
(b) Because she needs a divorce first.
(c) Because she is not the right religion.
(d) Because he is already married.
14. Who is Arran?
(a) A fortune-teller.
(b) Margaret's most trusted adviser.
(c) A man who wants to help Margaret divorce Angus.
(d) A man against Margaret's wish for a divorce from Angus.
15. How does Margaret respond to all of the events that Henry plans when she returns to England?
(a) She feels sick because she is pregnant again.
(b) She is too distracted by the sons she left behind.
(c) She is afraid someone is trying to poison her wine all the time.
(d) She enjoys the fun and attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret confess to James that Albany probably doesn't have the ambition for?
2. Who is George Douglas?
3. Who does Margaret tell Henry that her son James reminds her of?
4. What does Margaret call for when she begins to recover from smallpox?
5. What is the condition of the children Margaret bore during her marriage to Harry?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)