|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margaret have her first marriage ceremony to James?
(a) In Spain.
(b) In France.
(c) In Scotland.
(d) In England.
2. Where does Lady Heron live?
(a) Ford Castle.
(b) A random house along the road.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. Who was Arthur (in relation to the young Henry)?
(a) His servant that he had executed.
(b) His older brother who died.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His best friend who died of small pox.
4. Who is the child Margaret encounters one day in the castle shortly after she marries James?
(a) His daughter with another woman.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her niece.
5. Who is Alexander?
(a) James's cousin.
(b) James's father.
(c) Margaret's illegitimate son.
(d) One of James's illegitimate sons.
6. Why is Angus's family eager for him to become involved with Margaret?
(a) This is a trick question; the reader never learns how Angus's family feels.
(b) Because of the benefits it will bring the family.
(c) Because they like Margaret.
(d) Because they want to overthrow Margaret.
7. Why does Margaret lie in her letter to Henry, saying the birth of her next child is imminent?
(a) Because she knows her letters are being intercepted.
(b) Because she has become delusional.
(c) Because she wants to mislead him.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
8. How does Margaret react to James's desire to bring other children in to the castle?
(a) She is excited that baby James will have some playmates.
(b) She does not like it.
(c) She is glad because then she can make sure James is the best.
(d) She has given up all hope of dealing with him reasonably.
9. Who is Bell-the-Cat in relation to Angus?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
10. Why is the birth of Margaret's second child a bit disappointing?
(a) Because she has already had one baby.
(b) Because it was a secret.
(c) Because she got pregnant by a man who wasn't her husband.
(d) Because it is a girl.
11. Where is James living when he is 15?
12. Who is Anne?
(a) Albany's wife.
(b) Albany's twin sister who strangely looks just like him.
(c) Margaret's third daughter.
(d) Albany's favorite hourse.
13. What reminds Margaret that she is owed her brother's inheritance?
(a) A dream.
(b) A necklace James buys her.
(c) A small child.
(d) The naming of her third child.
14. How does Henry become King of England?
(a) He marries a princess.
(b) He stages a rebellion.
(c) He overthrows the current king.
(d) Margaret's father dies.
15. What has happened to the woman James first fell in love with?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She has been exiled.
(c) She was killed for treason.
(d) She is killed by Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Angus in love with when Bell-the-Cat dies?
2. How does James IV feel about his marriage to Margaret?
3. How old is Henry when the novel opens?
4. What does Henry always want as a child?
5. Why must Margaret leave Scotland without her children?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)