|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is given primary care for the second baby James?
(a) A man named David Lindsay.
(c) King James.
(d) Margaret herself.
2. What kind of father does James want to be?
(a) Any kind other than how his own father was.
(b) Strict but fair.
(c) Cruel and distant.
(d) Absent but powerful when he is present (rarely).
3. What has happened to the woman James first fell in love with?
(a) She is killed by Margaret.
(b) She was killed for treason.
(c) She has been exiled.
(d) She was poisoned.
4. Why is the birth of Margaret's second child a bit disappointing?
(a) Because it was a secret.
(b) Because she has already had one baby.
(c) Because it is a girl.
(d) Because she got pregnant by a man who wasn't her husband.
5. How does Angus respond to Margaret's plan to flee Scotland with her children?
(a) He thinks she is ridiculous.
(b) He helps her plan things out.
(c) He refuses to go with her.
(d) She never tells him of this plan.
6. Where is James living when he is 15?
7. What does Margaret name the son she has after James's death?
8. Who becomes the King of Scotland when James dies?
(c) David Lindsay.
(d) Young Baby James.
9. What number child is the second baby James (of Margaret's)?
10. How much say does Margaret want in the politics and policies of Scotland that James deals with?
(a) None at all.
(b) She really could care less.
(c) Complete and total say.
(d) At least some say.
11. How is Margaret's mother's pregnancy progressing when Margaret gets married?
(a) It is very difficult.
(c) Great -- she's having twins!
(d) Secretly; no one knows she is pregnant.
12. What does Margaret request James not do on his pilgrimage to pray for another child?
(c) Visit Janet Kennedy.
(d) Sell her fancy dresses.
13. How does Henry become King of England?
(a) He stages a rebellion.
(b) Margaret's father dies.
(c) He overthrows the current king.
(d) He marries a princess.
14. What kind of birth does Margaret have with her first born?
(a) A difficult one.
(b) A very long but easy one.
(c) A magical one.
(d) An easy one.
15. How does James IV feel about his marriage to Margaret?
(a) He hates her before he even has met her.
(b) He is not particularly excited.
(c) He could care less one way or the other.
(d) He can't wait to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret lie in her letter to Henry, saying the birth of her next child is imminent?
2. How does Henry respond to Margaret's request for her inheritance?
3. What does Henry always want as a child?
4. How old is Margaret when the novel opens?
5. Why does Bell-the-Cat die?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)