|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James IV feel about his marriage to Margaret?
(a) He is not particularly excited.
(b) He could care less one way or the other.
(c) He hates her before he even has met her.
(d) He can't wait to see her.
2. Where does Margaret await the formal invitation from Henry to come to his court?
(a) Morpeth Castle.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. Who is angry at James for staying at Lady Heron's for too long?
(a) The Earl of Angus.
(c) No one; no one knows where he is so he doesn't get in trouble.
4. How much older than Janet Kennedy is Bell-the-Cat?
(a) 1 day older.
(b) 10 years older.
(c) 25 years older.
(d) This is a trick question; he is younger.
5. When is baby James's birthday?
6. Who is Bell-the-Cat in relation to Angus?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
7. What happens to Margaret's mother after she gives birth after Margaret's wedding?
(a) She dies.
(b) She declares she will have no more children.
(c) She thinks she sees god.
(d) Her husband divorces her.
8. How does Margaret react to James when she first meets him?
(a) She can't stand him.
(b) She is intrigued but standoffish.
(c) She falls immediately in love with him.
(d) She finds him funny but not very smart.
9. How does Margaret first react to James's infidelity?
(a) She is angry but continues to be seduced by him.
(b) She doesn't care as long as she stays queen.
(c) She doesn't talk to him for a year.
(d) She leaves to return home to England.
10. What kind of birth does Margaret have with her first born?
(a) An easy one.
(b) A magical one.
(c) A very long but easy one.
(d) A difficult one.
11. Who is James?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The King of Scotland.
(d) The King of France.
12. How does Margaret learn that baby James has died?
(a) She is there when it happens.
(b) James tells her.
(c) She sees it in a dream.
(d) From a messenger.
13. How does Lord Drummond feel about the possible marriage between Angus and Margaret?
(a) That many people will be against the union.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) That it must be done quickly.
(d) That it is a good idea.
14. What prevents Margaret from moving more quickly with Angus?
(a) His shyness.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) The fact that he is still married.
(d) Her shyness.
15. How does Angus feel about marrying Margaret?
(a) He is unsure since he doesn't know her well enough.
(b) He is dreadfully unhappy.
(c) He can't wait.
(d) He wants to do it but only for the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her second child is born, how does Margaret feel about her future childbearing possibilities?
2. Who helps Margaret make plans to flee the country with her children?
3. What happens to Margaret's second child soon after being born?
4. Who remains constantly by Margaret's side after she learns her first-born son has died?
5. Who does Margaret put into positions of power after she marries Angus?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)