The Betrothed, The Bridegroom, and The Rose and the Thistle
1. Who wrote "The Thistle and the Rose"?
(a) Jean Plaidy.
(b) Jean Wool.
(c) Joanne Ralston.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
2. Who is the king when "The Thistle and the Rose" opens?
(a) Henry II.
(b) Henry Jr.
(c) Henry VII.
(d) Henry V.
3. What country does the opening of "The Thistle and the Rose" take place in?
(b) "Somewhere in South America."
4. How old is Margaret when the novel opens?
5. How old is Henry when the novel opens?
6. How old is Mary when the novel opens?
7. Which two siblings are most at odds as children?
(a) Henry and Margaret.
(b) Margaret and Mary.
(c) No one; they all get along perfectly.
(d) Mary and Henry.
8. What does Henry always want as a child?
(a) To be the center of attention.
(c) To have his servants get his toys in the middle of the night.
(d) To beat Margaret at everything she tries.
9. Who is James?
(a) The King of England.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The King of Scotland.
(d) The King of France.
This section contains 5,068 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)