The Betrothed, The Bridegroom, and The Rose and the Thistle
* The novel opens with Margaret, the oldest of the Tudor children, age 12, Henry, the heir of the throne, age 10, and Mary, the youngest, age 6.
* It quickly becomes clear that Margaret and Henry are sometimes at odds, even in youth. Henry is vain and enjoys attention, while Margaret refuses to accommodate him most of the time.
* Margaret is sent off to marry James, King of Scotland, in an effort to unite the two countries.
* James is not entirely thrilled about the marriage but eventually relents. Margaret is unsure about the arrangement but falls instantly in love with James when she meets him.
* Margaret soon realizes that James has several lovers and illegitimate children. Margaret, however, is the only woman who can give him a legitimate heir.
The Curse of Sauchieburn and The Wild Knight
* Margaret matures a bit and...
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)