|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person senses Hannay's distress, asks no questions, and tells Hannay to hide where?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the garage.
2. A small __________ is anchored nearby, which Hannay has Bullivant contact.
(a) Cruise ship.
(c) Destroyer ship.
3. Hannay is chased for how long?
(a) A mile.
(b) Many miles.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
4. The story concluded, Hannay relates that shortly thereafter what war began?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Great War.
5. The crew seems English and innocent enough, but their officer bears a close-cropped haircut and a certain fashion in clothes that tells Hannay he is _________, not English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannay tell about his suspicions?
2. Hannay and the men head where to look up books of tide tables?
3. He momentarily blacks out in the big explosion, and wakes to find himself dizzy and weary, and his __________ nearly useless.
4. How does Hannay feel about not being a part of the meeting?
5. What does Hannay spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Hannay's suspicions roused at Bullivant's home?
2. Describe Hannay's discovery by three men.
3. From where will the Germans leave England? How do the men come to this conclusion?
4. How does Hannay end up in the hands of the enemy?
5. Describe Hannay's role in the plans to stop Black Stone from obtaining the key intelligence.
6. What takes place prior to Hannay posing as a fisherman?
7. What happens when Hannay wakes up in the dovecot?
8. How does luck come Hannay's way early in this chapter?
9. How does Scudder's black book become useful again?
10. What do Bullivant and Hannay learn about the conspiracy plot?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)