|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hannay kept locked away?
(a) In a dark room.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In a large room.
2. What Scotland Yard official helps with nabbing Black Stone?
3. Hannay knows his cover will be blown when what happens?
(a) They see his picture in the paper.
(b) The men come and identify him.
(c) When they torture him.
(d) When he speaks.
4. Who does Hannay bump into?
(b) Marmaduke Jopley and his buddies.
(c) The police.
5. What does Hannay realize about what he spots?
(a) It is Black Stone.
(b) It is a landing pad for the airplane that's been following him.
(c) It is the hideout of the enemy.
(d) It is a good place for him to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plans are too far in motion to change at this point, so it's decided that what must happen?
2. The men get who with knowledge of the coast to answer questions?
3. Hannay decides to go with his gut, and hours before Black Stone is to escape with the intelligence, Hannay does what?
4. The fisherman then reveals himself as who?
5. What happens when "Murderer!" is cried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Now locked in a room and guarded, what does Hannay decide to do?
2. What plan to stop the Germans do the military men have left?
3. What leads to Hannay getting into a fight and being pursued by the police?
4. How does luck come Hannay's way early in this chapter?
5. What takes place during the time in which Hannay decides to spy on the men in Trafalgar Lodge and when he rings the doorbell?
6. How does Hannay end up being chased by the police? How does this chase end?
7. How does Hannay become doubtful of his gut instincts?
8. What leads to Hannay's recovery?
9. How do the men learn about a possible destination?
10. Describe Hannay's journey to England, ending in Berkshire.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)