|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannay and Scaife pose as what now as they investigate a sleek yacht docked nearby, called the Ariadne?
2. How does Bullivant manage to clear Hannay's name?
(a) Bullivant is wealthy.
(b) Bullivant is a bully.
(c) Hannay is innocent.
(d) He has political pull.
3. The military men leave the planning of nabbing Black Stone up to who?
(d) Sir Harry.
4. Ever the performer, Hannay takes on another guise, this time as who?
(a) A petty criminal.
(b) A German.
(c) A Frenchman.
(d) A spy.
5. Trafalgar Lodge must be what?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A popular destination.
(c) A base of operations for Black Stone.
(d) A vacation home.
Short Answer Questions
1. A small __________ is anchored nearby, which Hannay has Bullivant contact.
2. Hannay drives Bullivant to Scotland Yard where Hannay is introduced to whom?
3. They all make excuses for leaving, but Hannay tells them they're going nowhere, and he does what?
4. What is the only slim chance they have of averting disaster?
5. To what does Hannay wake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hannay regain his confidence and stop the Germans?
2. How are Hannay's suspicions roused at Bullivant's home?
3. How does the book end?
4. What happens after the explosion?
5. How does luck come Hannay's way early in this chapter?
6. How does Scudder's black book become useful again?
7. How do the men learn about a possible destination?
8. What leads to Hannay getting into a fight and being pursued by the police?
9. What happens when Hannay wakes up in the dovecot?
10. What takes place prior to Hannay posing as a fisherman?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)