|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An upscale private beach known as what is a likely spot?
(a) The waves.
(b) The Sea.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Ruff.
2. Who does Hannay tell about his suspicions?
(a) The butler.
(b) The other men still having the meeting.
(c) No one.
3. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
(a) A French diplomat.
(b) The Black Stone spy.
(c) A German.
(d) Black Stone.
4. Who is the "First Sea Lord?"
(b) The Butler.
5. The plans are too far in motion to change at this point, so it's decided that what must happen?
(a) Black Stone must be captured.
(b) They must all give up.
(c) Black Stone must simply be prevented from obtaining the intelligence.
(d) Black Stone must be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point the old man bats his eyelashes in a peculiar way, a half-shut wink, of a kind that Scudder describes in his notebook belonging to whom?
2. What must Hannay be careful to avoid?
3. What does the Frenchman, Royer, believe about the best disguise?
4. What does the Coast Guard even know about this place?
5. He hitches a ride from one of Turnbull's companions, named Hislop, who is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scudder's black book become useful again?
2. Describe Hannay's discovery by three men.
3. How does luck come Hannay's way early in this chapter?
4. How are Hannay's suspicions roused at Bullivant's home?
5. What takes place during the time in which Hannay decides to spy on the men in Trafalgar Lodge and when he rings the doorbell?
6. How does Hannay get the old man to reveal that he is the enemy?
7. Describe Hannay's role in the plans to stop Black Stone from obtaining the key intelligence.
8. What happens after the explosion?
9. What makes Hannay suspicious of a yacht called the Ariadne?
10. What leads to Hannay's recovery?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)