|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannay realize about what he spots?
(a) It is the hideout of the enemy.
(b) It is a landing pad for the airplane that's been following him.
(c) It is a good place for him to hide.
(d) It is Black Stone.
2. Do they know the location from which Black Stone will leave England?
(d) Most likely.
3. However, Hannay remembers an old wily acquaintance of his, Peter Pienaar, accustomed to posing as others, tell him that the best disguise is what?
(a) Not out of the ordinary.
(c) Worn all the time.
4. Hannay is kept "in the game" by posing as who?
(a) Bullivant's chauffeur.
(b) Bullivant's brother.
(c) Bullivant's cousin.
(d) Bullivant's friend.
5. What happens when "Murderer!" is cried?
(a) The entire neighborhood is roused.
(b) Everyone stares at Hannay.
(c) Hannay laughs.
(d) No one listens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Coast Guard even know about this place?
2. Hannay knows his cover will be blown when what happens?
3. Hannay goes into formal service for his country as what?
4. An upscale private beach known as what is a likely spot?
5. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hannay come to believe the Black Stone spy is in Bullivant's home?
2. How are Hannay's suspicions roused at Bullivant's home?
3. From where will the Germans leave England? How do the men come to this conclusion?
4. What takes place prior to Hannay posing as a fisherman?
5. How does Hannay regain his confidence and stop the Germans?
6. What happens after the explosion?
7. Describe Hannay's journey to England, ending in Berkshire.
8. How does Hannay become doubtful of his gut instincts?
9. What happens when Hannay wakes up in the dovecot?
10. What do Bullivant and Hannay learn about the conspiracy plot?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)