|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannay rides Sir Harry's bike where?
(a) To a police station.
(b) To London.
(c) To his flat.
(d) Deep into the flat country.
2. Scudder is __________ journalist and has toured much of Europe in that capacity.
(a) An Australian.
(b) A Scottish.
(c) A British.
(d) An American.
3. What does Hannay do to a policeman who stops him?
(a) He bribes him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He punches him.
4. Hannay, hidden upstairs, gives the boy a note he forges, which makes Hannay sound like a spy who is about to inform his superior about the Karolides affair. What do the men do after reading this note?
(a) They go upstairs.
(b) They take the innkeeper as a hostage.
(c) They leave.
(d) They search the inn.
5. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
Short Answer Questions
1. There is also mention many times of an evil underground organization called what?
2. This organization also planned to intercept important military intelligence on the state of what?
3. As part of pulling off this scheme, the conspirators wish to assassinate the Greek Premier named ____________, because he is a smart man of integrity who has a chance to ruin their plans.
4. This scheme would throw the stock markets into chaos, which the instigators would then use to their advantage to do what?
5. How does Hannay lose control of the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Hannay to realize the stolen police car is a liability?
2. How does Hannay end up feeling exposed in the middle of the country?
3. What leads to Hannay telling a large crowd a fictitious story about Australian politics?
4. Describe Hannay's good luck in this chapter.
5. Where does Hannay decide to hide? How does this chapter end?
6. How does Hannay end up being saved by a branch?
7. How does Hannay learn that Scudder's body has been found? How does he also know he is in trouble?
8. Upon what plan did Scudder stumble?
9. How does Hannay react to Scudder's murder?
10. What happens when the rough men leave?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)