|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannay do to a policeman who stops him?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He bribes him.
(d) He kills him.
2. Hannay considers writing the Prime Minister. Does he do this?
(a) No, because he wants to solve the mystery on his own.
(c) No, because he figures he would not believe him.
(d) No, because he is afraid of the Prime Minister.
3. Hannay drives where with Jopley?
(a) To London.
(b) To an inn.
(c) Back the way he had walked.
(d) To town.
4. What does Sir Harry ask Hannay?
(a) If he is a Free Trader.
(b) If he is a spy.
(c) If he is a policeman.
(d) If he is British.
5. This Greek man has been invited to Britain on the 15th of June for a tea party, and the conspirators have chosen this tea party as the best time to do what?
(a) Assassinate the Greek man.
(b) Torture the Greek man.
(c) Influence the Greek man.
(d) Capture the Greek man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannay plan to double-back on his tracks?
2. What does Hannay seize from Jopley?
3. What do the rough men ask Hannay?
4. How does Hannay feel about the sight of the body?
5. Recently Scudder stumbled upon a sinister international scheme to usher in a state of European anarchy, specifically to get Russia to declare war on what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about Richard Hannay at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Hannay come to meet Scudder?
3. What leads Hannay to an inn? How does Hannay play to the innkeeper's sensibilities?
4. Who are the first few visitors Hannay has? How does he deal with these people?
5. What does Hannay plan to do for the next twenty days before the tea party? What will he do after these twenty days?
6. How does Hannay come across Marmaduke Jopley?
7. What takes place in the inn prior to the arrival of the police?
8. What takes place between Jopley and Hannay?
9. What happens when the rough men leave?
10. How does Hannay feel about Scudder's story? How does this feeling change?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)