|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannay have Sir Harry dictate a letter to his godfather, Sir Walter Bullivant?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is very wealthy.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He has a powerful position in the Foreign Office.
2. Hannay soon has another visitor, this time _________ rough men who he guesses are members of Black Stone.
3. He waits until the milkman arrives in the morning, and then offers the youngster what?
(a) A flat to live in for his uniform.
(b) A ride to the train station.
(c) Money to borrow his truck.
(d) Money to wear his uniform.
4. How does Hannay lose control of the car?
(a) The break lines are cut.
(b) The power steering goes out.
(c) He is blinded by flying debris.
(d) He speeds down into a valley to try to evade a plane's gaze.
5. What does Hannay do to a policeman who stops him?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He bribes him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannay decide to not call the police?
2. Why is Hannay worried about a monoplane flying overhead?
3. How old is Hannay?
4. The Germans would establish a naval blockade around what?
5. The conspiracy was ________ Scudder stated.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hannay decide to hide? How does this chapter end?
2. How does Hannay make himself to seem like a roadman?
3. How does Hannay come to meet Scudder?
4. What takes place at the train station?
5. How does Hannay come across Marmaduke Jopley?
6. What is Scudder's unfortunate circumstance? How does Scudder plan to save himself?
7. What scheme does Hannay hatch?
8. Describe Hannay's travels up until he is taken in by a Scottish farmer.
9. Upon what plan did Scudder stumble?
10. What does Hannay learn about the conspirators?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)