|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Exhausted, Hannay eats a little biscuit then sleeps where?
(a) In a car.
(b) On the hillside.
(c) In the train station.
(d) In an inn.
2. Once in the dovecot, what does Hannay do?
(a) He blacks out again.
(b) He makes a call on his cell phone.
(c) He plots his escape.
(d) He cries.
3. Who is the "First Sea Lord?"
(d) The Butler.
4. What does Hannay contract in the wetlands?
(b) Poison ivy.
(c) A cold.
(d) The flu.
5. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
(a) A German.
(b) Black Stone.
(c) A French diplomat.
(d) The Black Stone spy.
6. What does Hannay realize about what he spots?
(a) It is the hideout of the enemy.
(b) It is a good place for him to hide.
(c) It is a landing pad for the airplane that's been following him.
(d) It is Black Stone.
7. For whom are the men searching?
(a) The police.
(b) Their missing men.
(d) Their leader.
8. Hannay then has Scaife go down to the beach and count what?
(a) The number of ships.
(b) The number of sailors on the ship.
(c) The number of piers.
(d) Each step for each staircase.
9. There must also be how many steps at this location?
10. The person senses Hannay's distress, asks no questions, and tells Hannay to hide where?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the garage.
11. Bullivant is given a rude awakening when he receives a call informing him what has happened?
(a) Karolides has just been shot dead.
(b) Karolides is Black Stone.
(c) Karolides is the spy.
(d) The Prime Minister of Great Britain is dead.
12. Hannay finds two younger men playing tennis, laughing and talking in perfect English. How does this affect Hannay?
(a) It reinvigorates him.
(b) It confuses him.
(c) It crushes his spirit.
(d) It worries him.
13. To avoid detection, Black Stone must be leaving from where?
(a) A large harbor.
(b) A small harbor.
(c) No harbor.
(d) Either a small harbor or none at all.
14. Hannay knows his cover will be blown when what happens?
(a) When they torture him.
(b) They see his picture in the paper.
(c) When he speaks.
(d) The men come and identify him.
15. Who does Hannay bump into?
(b) The police.
(c) Marmaduke Jopley and his buddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. They all make excuses for leaving, but Hannay tells them they're going nowhere, and he does what?
2. Finally arriving at a quaint fisherman's pond and feeling somewhat at ease, Hannay idly whistles what tune?
3. Why does Hannay feel he will soon be caught?
4. What does this place have?
5. Who lies for Hannay when the police come?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)