|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning he awakes to find three men combing the brush some distance away, doing what?
(a) Studying the plants.
(b) Looking for him.
2. He momentarily blacks out in the big explosion, and wakes to find himself dizzy and weary, and his __________ nearly useless.
(a) Right arm.
(b) Right leg.
(c) Left leg.
(d) Left arm.
3. For whom are the men searching?
(a) Their leader.
(c) The police.
(d) Their missing men.
4. Knowing their final destination, he narrows the geographical possibilities to what coast?
(a) The east.
(b) The south.
(c) The north.
(d) The west.
5. What do they remember about Alloa?
(a) He spoke a great deal.
(b) He did not speak much.
(c) He was unhappy.
(d) He was odd.
6. An upscale private beach known as what is a likely spot?
(a) The waves.
(b) The Ocean.
(c) The Ruff.
(d) The Sea.
7. Hannay and Scaife pose as what now as they investigate a sleek yacht docked nearby, called the Ariadne?
8. At this point the old man bats his eyelashes in a peculiar way, a half-shut wink, of a kind that Scudder describes in his notebook belonging to whom?
(a) A French spy.
(b) A man he dreaded above all others.
(c) The Greek man.
(d) An ally.
9. Hannay waits until nightfall to do what?
(a) Call his Sir Harry.
(b) Run away.
(c) Go back to the house.
(d) Search for Black Stone amid the rubble.
10. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
(a) A French diplomat.
(b) A German.
(c) Black Stone.
(d) The Black Stone spy.
11. The crew seems English and innocent enough, but their officer bears a close-cropped haircut and a certain fashion in clothes that tells Hannay he is _________, not English.
12. Why did Alloa read the intelligence over and over?
(a) He has a poor memory.
(b) He does not read English very well.
(c) As a spy committing data to photographic memory.
(d) He cannot believe what he is reading.
13. Bullivant is given a rude awakening when he receives a call informing him what has happened?
(a) Karolides is the spy.
(b) Karolides has just been shot dead.
(c) The Prime Minister of Great Britain is dead.
(d) Karolides is Black Stone.
14. Who lies for Hannay when the police come?
(a) Bullivant's neice.
(b) Bullivant's wife.
(c) Bullivant's chauffeur.
(d) Bullivant's butler.
15. What does Hannay not know about the materials?
(a) How much is needed to blow out the door but not kill him.
(b) How to make them explode.
(c) If they are are poisonous.
(d) If they are explosives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannay feel instinctively?
2. The fisherman then reveals himself as who?
3. Who does Hannay bump into?
4. Hannay knows his cover will be blown when what happens?
5. Hannay is chased for how long?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)