|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trafalgar Lodge must be what?
(a) A popular destination.
(b) A base of operations for Black Stone.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A vacation home.
2. Knowing their final destination, he narrows the geographical possibilities to what coast?
(a) The east.
(b) The south.
(c) The north.
(d) The west.
3. What does Hannay not know about the materials?
(a) How to make them explode.
(b) If they are are poisonous.
(c) How much is needed to blow out the door but not kill him.
(d) If they are explosives.
4. How do the men react to Hannay's accusations?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They are taken aback.
(d) They ignore him.
5. When does it seem Black Stone will leave England?
(a) The next night.
(b) Two nights from now.
(c) That night.
(d) A week from now.
6. He hitches a ride from one of Turnbull's companions, named Hislop, who is what?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A cattle herder.
(d) A police officer.
7. What does Hannay feel instinctively?
(a) He should go home.
(b) He still has a crucial part to play in the whole affair.
(c) He will not survive this ordeal.
(d) He should hide.
8. Finally arriving at a quaint fisherman's pond and feeling somewhat at ease, Hannay idly whistles what tune?
(a) "Alabama Jubilee."
(b) "Turkey in the Straw."
(c) "Annie Laurie."
(d) "Little Brown Jug."
9. Is Hannay discovered?
(c) Yes, but he escapes again.
(d) No, but almost.
10. What helps Hannay relocate Mr. Turnbull's house?
(b) His phone's GPS system.
(c) A rough map Sir Harry provided him.
(d) A compass.
11. An upscale private beach known as what is a likely spot?
(a) The Sea.
(b) The Ocean.
(c) The Ruff.
(d) The waves.
12. Hannay stumbles across _________ and feels his best chance is to hide inside.
(a) A remote house.
(b) A barn.
(c) A store.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
13. What must Hannay be careful to avoid?
(a) Moving too quickly.
(b) Being spotted by the enemy.
(c) Several tripwires set throughout the property.
(d) Too much sun exposure.
14. The person senses Hannay's distress, asks no questions, and tells Hannay to hide where?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In a closet.
15. For whom are the men searching?
(b) Their leader.
(c) Their missing men.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
2. Hannay drives Bullivant to Scotland Yard where Hannay is introduced to whom?
3. The crew seems English and innocent enough, but their officer bears a close-cropped haircut and a certain fashion in clothes that tells Hannay he is _________, not English.
4. What is the only slim chance they have of averting disaster?
5. Who does Hannay bump into?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)