|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Switching trains, Hannay finally emerges into the Scottish moorlands, or _______.
2. When Hannay searches Scudder's body, does he find anything of worth?
(a) Yes, a letter.
(b) Yes, the black book.
(d) Yes, a business card.
3. Where does Hannay find an article about Scudder's death, dubbed "The Portland Place Murder?"
(a) On a reward poster.
(b) In an old shepherd's daily newspaper.
(c) On a board in the train station.
(d) In a Scottish Review newspaper.
4. Scudder states that he is what?
(a) A dead man.
(b) New to the neighborhood.
(c) Unable to pay his rent.
(d) From Germany.
5. What does Sir Harry offer Hannay?
(b) Lodging and food.
(d) A ride to town.
6. Scudder is __________ journalist and has toured much of Europe in that capacity.
(a) An American.
(b) A Scottish.
(c) A British.
(d) An Australian.
7. Hannay next gives a speech, giving the crowd a completely fabricated account of politics in what country?
8. How does Hannay lose control of the car?
(a) He speeds down into a valley to try to evade a plane's gaze.
(b) The break lines are cut.
(c) He is blinded by flying debris.
(d) The power steering goes out.
9. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
10. Hannay soon has another visitor, this time _________ rough men who he guesses are members of Black Stone.
11. How does Jopley feel?
12. Hannay continues his ruse until when?
(a) The afternoon.
(c) The next morning.
(d) Two days later.
13. Why does Hannay know he is in trouble, after seeing the article about Scudder's murder?
(a) He is friends with the writer of the column.
(b) His name is mentioned in the article.
(c) The milkman had been questioned.
(d) The owner of his building had been questioned.
14. That the murderer ransacked the apartment tells Hannay what?
(a) The enemies were also looking for the black book.
(b) The enemies do not know what they are looking for.
(c) The enemies are looking for Hannay's family.
(d) The enemies are looking for Hannay.
15. Are the rough men fooled?
(c) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hannay considers writing the Prime Minister. Does he do this?
2. He resolves to hide out in the "wild district" of what country?
3. How old is Hannay?
4. Hannay drives where with Jopley?
5. This Greek man has been invited to Britain on the 15th of June for a tea party, and the conspirators have chosen this tea party as the best time to do what?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)