|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The airplane again rears its ugly head, and Hannay sees what?
(a) No one in the plane.
(b) Two men in the plain looking at him.
(c) Two men in the plain spying on him with a telescope.
(d) One old man in the plane.
2. This organization also planned to intercept important military intelligence on the state of what?
(a) All European naval fleets.
(b) The Australian naval fleet.
(c) The British naval fleet.
(d) The American naval fleet.
3. Finding himself back in the moorland, Hannay must hide where?
(a) In a dense forest.
(b) In a farmer's home.
(c) Among the bushes.
(d) In an abandoned building.
4. How does Hannay feel about the sight of the body?
(a) He is shaken.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He feels nothing.
5. Why does Hannay plan to double-back on his tracks?
(a) To fool the police and anyone else on his tail.
(b) To protect the farmer and his wife.
(c) To find the men searching for him.
(d) He forgot something at the train station.
6. One day returning to his flat, Hannay is confronted by Franklin Scudder. Who is Scudder?
(a) The merchant who runs the shop below Hannay's flat.
(b) A young man who has just moved in next door to Hannay.
(c) An older man living in the flat above Hannay's.
(d) An older relative living down the street.
7. Hannay is _______ the sights, the restaurants, and the people.
(a) Worried about.
(b) Interested in.
(c) Bored of.
(d) Excited about.
8. Two rough-looking men have arrived at the inn asking questions. The innkeepers lies and tells them that Hannay had been at the inn, but had done what?
(a) Hidden in the rooms upstairs.
(b) Left unexpectedly.
(c) Taken off the day before on a motorcycle.
(d) Gone to town for the day.
9. The conspiracy was ________ Scudder stated.
(a) Bigger than.
(b) Nothing like what.
(c) The same as what.
(d) Smaller than.
10. Arriving at a station he had been to the night before, Hannay must hide in the shadows from whom?
(a) A station-master he met the day before, and three rough-looking local policemen questioning the station-master.
(b) A station-master he met the day before and three police officers questioning the station-manager.
(c) A group of policemen.
(d) A station-manager.
11. Desperate for another disguise, Hannay offers to take over for Turnbull while the man does what?
(a) Gets a permit.
(b) Sleeps his drink off.
(c) Leaves for France.
(d) Goes to the hospital.
12. Richard Hannay is a Scot turned _________.
13. The coming war would involve the break of relations between who?
(a) The Brits and the Americans.
(b) The Germans and the Americans.
(c) The Germans and the Brits.
(d) The Brits and the Scots.
14. Hannay soon has another visitor, this time _________ rough men who he guesses are members of Black Stone.
15. He waits until the milkman arrives in the morning, and then offers the youngster what?
(a) Money to wear his uniform.
(b) A ride to the train station.
(c) A flat to live in for his uniform.
(d) Money to borrow his truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannay decide to not call the police?
2. Hannay next gives a speech, giving the crowd a completely fabricated account of politics in what country?
3. Scudder, through many aliases and disguises, put the pieces of this puzzle together while doing what?
4. How do the rough men seem?
5. When they arrive, what does Hannay give Jopley?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)