|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This scheme, according to Scudder, has been planned by whom?
(a) German anarchists, Russian diplomats, and Catholics.
(b) German anarchists, capitalists, and Jews.
(c) French socialists, democrats, and Muslims.
(d) Christians, Muslims, and Jews.
2. Once in the dovecot, what does Hannay do?
(a) He plots his escape.
(b) He cries.
(c) He makes a call on his cell phone.
(d) He blacks out again.
3. Exhausted, Hannay eats a little biscuit then sleeps where?
(a) In a car.
(b) In the train station.
(c) In an inn.
(d) On the hillside.
4. Finally arriving at a quaint fisherman's pond and feeling somewhat at ease, Hannay idly whistles what tune?
(a) "Alabama Jubilee."
(b) "Annie Laurie."
(c) "Turkey in the Straw."
(d) "Little Brown Jug."
5. What do the rough men ask Hannay?
(a) If, essentially, he's seen himself somewhere on the road.
(b) If he is really a road man.
(c) If he would like to join the conspiracy.
(d) If he knows the quickest way into town.
Short Answer Questions
1. These enemies are in fact probably waiting ___________ to nab him.
2. Hannay knows his cover will be blown when what happens?
3. As luck would have it, Hannay stumbles across a _________ road man, mending the road.
4. Scudder asks to come in, and the man quickly locks the door behind them, ___________.
5. Hannay, hidden upstairs, gives the boy a note he forges, which makes Hannay sound like a spy who is about to inform his superior about the Karolides affair. What do the men do after reading this note?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)