|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the old man confronts Hannay, Hannay as Ainslie confesses he did what?
(a) Stole a car.
(b) Stole some money from a car.
(c) Works for Black Stone.
(d) Came from Paris.
2. The man, Alexander Turnbull, is afraid his supervisor will come soon and discover what?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is ill.
3. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
(a) The Black Stone spy.
(b) A French diplomat.
(c) Black Stone.
(d) A German.
4. At this point a final car passes him, and he recognizes the driver, a _______________ Hannay dislikes named Marmaduke Jopley.
(a) Whiny school teacher.
(b) Haughty stockbroker.
(c) Wealthy lawyer.
(d) Tough police officer.
5. Hannay exits his flat and heads where?
(a) Toward a bus station.
(b) Toward an airport.
(c) Toward a train station.
(d) Toward a rental car agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the young man excitedly agree to house Hannay for a few days?
2. Finding himself back in the moorland, Hannay must hide where?
3. Armed with this fact, how does Hannay feel?
4. As Hannay speeds along the moor roads in the stolen plainclothes officer's car, he thinks about what?
5. Why has Hannay resolved to move back to the Cape?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)