|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Hannay resolved to move back to the Cape?
(a) If he cannot find a job soon.
(b) If he cannot find housing soon.
(c) If he cannot find his family soon.
(d) If he cannot cure his boredom soon.
2. What saves Hannay's life?
(a) A branch.
(b) A building.
(c) The car comes to a stop.
(d) A rock.
3. Hannay rides Sir Harry's bike where?
(a) Deep into the flat country.
(b) To a police station.
(c) To his flat.
(d) To London.
4. Hannay stumbles across _________ and feels his best chance is to hide inside.
(a) A store.
(b) A barn.
(c) A remote house.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
5. The conspiracy was ________ Scudder stated.
(a) Smaller than.
(b) Nothing like what.
(c) Bigger than.
(d) The same as what.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
2. What does Sir Harry ask Hannay?
3. In the morning he awakes to find three men combing the brush some distance away, doing what?
4. What does Hannay do to a policeman who stops him?
5. Why does Hannay hatch a scheme to escape his flat?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)