|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fortune then smiles as Hannay by chance finds Scudder's black book buried where?
(a) On Scudder's body.
(b) In the trash.
(c) On a bookshelf.
(d) In his tobacco jar.
2. What is another reason why Hannay does not call the police?
(a) His brothers are cops, and he does not want to get them involved.
(b) He does not trust the police.
(c) The police must uncover the plot on their own.
(d) They may try him for Scudder's murder.
3. Where has Hannay lived for the past three months?
(a) In a boarding house in Paris.
(b) In a modest flat in rural Germany.
(c) In a modest flat in the Old Country in rural England.
(d) In a large flat in London.
4. Hannay next gives a speech, giving the crowd a completely fabricated account of politics in what country?
5. Why does Hannay plan to double-back on his tracks?
(a) He forgot something at the train station.
(b) To find the men searching for him.
(c) To protect the farmer and his wife.
(d) To fool the police and anyone else on his tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scudder shoot a corpse in the face?
2. These enemies are in fact probably waiting ___________ to nab him.
3. Richard Hannay is a Scot turned _________.
4. Does the milkman agree to the handsome offer?
5. Hannay cannot leave at the station, so he waits until the train starts up again, and then does what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)