|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He resolves to hide out in the "wild district" of what country?
2. Scudder asks to come in, and the man quickly locks the door behind them, ___________.
(a) Clearly very happy.
(b) Clearly very excited.
(c) Clearly in a panic.
(d) Clearly very sad.
3. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
4. Hannay decides to do what?
(a) Carry on Scudder's work.
(b) Go home.
(c) Hide in his flat.
(d) Travel to the United States.
5. This scheme, according to Scudder, has been planned by whom?
(a) French socialists, democrats, and Muslims.
(b) German anarchists, capitalists, and Jews.
(c) German anarchists, Russian diplomats, and Catholics.
(d) Christians, Muslims, and Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard Hannay is a Scot turned _________.
2. Recently Scudder stumbled upon a sinister international scheme to usher in a state of European anarchy, specifically to get Russia to declare war on what country?
3. He examines Scudder's black book, which appears to be coded with a cipher that requires what?
4. Where has Hannay lived for the past three months?
5. Hannay is _______ the sights, the restaurants, and the people.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)