|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hannay find an article about Scudder's death, dubbed "The Portland Place Murder?"
(a) In an old shepherd's daily newspaper.
(b) On a reward poster.
(c) In a Scottish Review newspaper.
(d) On a board in the train station.
2. Why does Hannay have Sir Harry dictate a letter to his godfather, Sir Walter Bullivant?
(a) He is very wealthy.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He has a powerful position in the Foreign Office.
(d) He is German.
3. There is also mention many times of an evil underground organization called what?
(a) The White Dove.
(b) The Black Stone.
(c) The Black Crow.
(d) The White Stone.
4. The Germans would establish a naval blockade around what?
(a) The United States.
(c) The United Kingdom.
5. Are the Jew anarchists behind these schemes?
(b) Yes, partially.
(c) Yes, completely.
(d) Yes, very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hannay next chances upon a rural inn, run by a young man who wants to be what?
2. He finds a modest farmer's house, and the generous husband and wife offer Hannay what?
3. Why does Hannay plan to double-back on his tracks?
4. This scheme would throw the stock markets into chaos, which the instigators would then use to their advantage to do what?
5. Where does Sir Harry ask Hannay to speak?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)