|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scudder asks to come in, and the man quickly locks the door behind them, ___________.
(a) Clearly in a panic.
(b) Clearly very happy.
(c) Clearly very excited.
(d) Clearly very sad.
2. How does Hannay come to the conclusion that he is a likely target for murder?
(a) He has seen men waiting outside his door.
(b) He knows the details of the conspiracy.
(c) Scudder's enemies must assume Scudder confided in Hannay.
(d) Everyone knows he is friends with Scudder.
3. When Hannay searches Scudder's body, does he find anything of worth?
(a) Yes, a business card.
(b) Yes, a letter.
(c) Yes, the black book.
4. How does Hannay feel about the sight of the body?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He feels nothing.
(d) He is shaken.
5. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days does Hannay plan to lay low before the tea party?
2. He resolves to hide out in the "wild district" of what country?
3. Hannay, hidden upstairs, gives the boy a note he forges, which makes Hannay sound like a spy who is about to inform his superior about the Karolides affair. What do the men do after reading this note?
4. Two rough-looking men have arrived at the inn asking questions. The innkeepers lies and tells them that Hannay had been at the inn, but had done what?
5. Finding himself back in the moorland, Hannay must hide where?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)