|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He examines Scudder's black book, which appears to be coded with a cipher that requires what?
(a) A black light.
(b) A genius.
(c) Special glasses.
(d) A keyword to crack the code.
2. He finds a modest farmer's house, and the generous husband and wife offer Hannay what?
(b) A quick meal.
(c) A stay for the night and a good meal.
(d) His own room for as long as he needs it.
3. Why does Hannay hatch a scheme to escape his flat?
(a) He sees men outside his window.
(b) He hears someone knocking on his door.
(c) He figures his flat is being watched.
(d) He can see someone's shadow out in the hall.
4. How old is Hannay?
5. As part of pulling off this scheme, the conspirators wish to assassinate the Greek Premier named ____________, because he is a smart man of integrity who has a chance to ruin their plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hannay feel about the sight of the body?
2. One day returning to his flat, Hannay is confronted by Franklin Scudder. Who is Scudder?
3. He waits until the milkman arrives in the morning, and then offers the youngster what?
4. Does the milkman agree to the handsome offer?
5. Fortune then smiles as Hannay by chance finds Scudder's black book buried where?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)