|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
2. This scheme, according to Scudder, has been planned by whom?
(a) German anarchists, capitalists, and Jews.
(b) Christians, Muslims, and Jews.
(c) French socialists, democrats, and Muslims.
(d) German anarchists, Russian diplomats, and Catholics.
3. He finds a modest farmer's house, and the generous husband and wife offer Hannay what?
(a) A stay for the night and a good meal.
(c) His own room for as long as he needs it.
(d) A quick meal.
4. Richard Hannay is a Scot turned _________.
5. How old is Hannay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Switching trains, Hannay finally emerges into the Scottish moorlands, or _______.
2. What makes Hannay's departure quite public?
3. Arriving at a station he had been to the night before, Hannay must hide in the shadows from whom?
4. What is another reason why Hannay does not call the police?
5. Does the milkman agree to the handsome offer?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)