|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannay come to the conclusion that he is a likely target for murder?
(a) Scudder's enemies must assume Scudder confided in Hannay.
(b) He knows the details of the conspiracy.
(c) He has seen men waiting outside his door.
(d) Everyone knows he is friends with Scudder.
2. These enemies are in fact probably waiting ___________ to nab him.
(b) In Hannay's apartment.
(c) Next door.
(d) Down the block.
3. Scudder is __________ journalist and has toured much of Europe in that capacity.
(a) A British.
(b) A Scottish.
(c) An American.
(d) An Australian.
4. Why does Hannay decide to not call the police?
(a) In all likelihood they would not believe his fantastic story.
(b) He is always getting into trouble with the authorities.
(c) He is afraid to use the phone.
(d) The police do not like him.
5. Does the milkman agree to the handsome offer?
(a) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might it look as if Hannay killed Scudder?
2. What is another reason why Hannay does not call the police?
3. Scudder asks to come in, and the man quickly locks the door behind them, ___________.
4. Hannay is _______ the sights, the restaurants, and the people.
5. This scheme would throw the stock markets into chaos, which the instigators would then use to their advantage to do what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)