|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scudder shoot a corpse in the face?
(a) To test out his gun.
(b) To discourage accurate identification and to fake suicide.
(c) He thought the person was alive.
(d) He is very violent.
2. Why does Hannay decide to not call the police?
(a) He is afraid to use the phone.
(b) He is always getting into trouble with the authorities.
(c) In all likelihood they would not believe his fantastic story.
(d) The police do not like him.
3. How does Hannay come to the conclusion that he is a likely target for murder?
(a) He knows the details of the conspiracy.
(b) Scudder's enemies must assume Scudder confided in Hannay.
(c) Everyone knows he is friends with Scudder.
(d) He has seen men waiting outside his door.
4. For how many days does Hannay plan to lay low before the tea party?
5. How does Hannay finally come to believe Scudder's story?
(a) He becomes friends with Scudder.
(b) He finds more evidence of the plot.
(c) He finds Scudder stabbed to death in his flat.
(d) He hears the same story from someone who is more credible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scudder figures the only way he might live is to do what?
2. Hannay is _______ the sights, the restaurants, and the people.
3. Why has Hannay resolved to move back to the Cape?
4. One day returning to his flat, Hannay is confronted by Franklin Scudder. Who is Scudder?
5. Hannay decides to do what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)