|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are the men searching?
(b) Their missing men.
(c) Their leader.
(d) The police.
2. What does Sir Harry offer Hannay?
(b) A ride to town.
(c) Lodging and food.
3. Why does Hannay know he is in trouble, after seeing the article about Scudder's murder?
(a) He is friends with the writer of the column.
(b) His name is mentioned in the article.
(c) The owner of his building had been questioned.
(d) The milkman had been questioned.
4. What does this place have?
(a) Stairs leading to a large yacht.
(b) Stairs leading to a private beach.
(c) Stairs leading to a large pier.
(d) Stairs leading to a small pier.
5. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Harry ask Hannay to speak?
2. How does Hannay feel about not being a part of the meeting?
3. As part of pulling off this scheme, the conspirators wish to assassinate the Greek Premier named ____________, because he is a smart man of integrity who has a chance to ruin their plans.
4. At this point the old man bats his eyelashes in a peculiar way, a half-shut wink, of a kind that Scudder describes in his notebook belonging to whom?
5. Are the Jew anarchists behind these schemes?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)