|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannay come to the conclusion that he is a likely target for murder?
(a) Scudder's enemies must assume Scudder confided in Hannay.
(b) He has seen men waiting outside his door.
(c) He knows the details of the conspiracy.
(d) Everyone knows he is friends with Scudder.
2. Hannay next chances upon a rural inn, run by a young man who wants to be what?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A spy.
(c) An actor.
(d) A writer of adventures.
3. These enemies are in fact probably waiting ___________ to nab him.
(a) In Hannay's apartment.
(b) Next door.
(c) Down the block.
4. Hannay adopts a Scottish accent and travels __________ on the train.
5. What will Hannay do right before the tea party?
(a) Warn the British government of the impending assassination attempt on Karolides.
(b) Save Karolides himself.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Hide in Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hannay cannot leave at the station, so he waits until the train starts up again, and then does what?
2. Two rough-looking men have arrived at the inn asking questions. The innkeepers lies and tells them that Hannay had been at the inn, but had done what?
3. Does the milkman agree to the handsome offer?
4. Where has Hannay lived for the past three months?
5. How does Hannay feel about the sight of the body?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)