|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hannay's departure quite public?
(a) The rough men chasing after him.
(b) A child pointing him out.
(c) The conductor yelling at him.
(d) A dog barks at him.
2. Where has Hannay lived for the past three months?
(a) In a modest flat in rural Germany.
(b) In a boarding house in Paris.
(c) In a modest flat in the Old Country in rural England.
(d) In a large flat in London.
3. Hannay instructs the young innkeeper to go into town and tell the police what?
(a) He was attacked by two rough-looking men.
(b) About the men and that they might be part of the Scudder murder.
(c) About the men and how they may be part of the conspiracy plot.
(d) About him and how he may be part of the Scudder murder.
4. Why has Hannay resolved to move back to the Cape?
(a) If he cannot cure his boredom soon.
(b) If he cannot find a job soon.
(c) If he cannot find his family soon.
(d) If he cannot find housing soon.
5. Hannay next chances upon a rural inn, run by a young man who wants to be what?
(a) A writer of adventures.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A spy.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the young man excitedly agree to house Hannay for a few days?
2. Hannay is _______ the sights, the restaurants, and the people.
3. Fortune then smiles as Hannay by chance finds Scudder's black book buried where?
4. Hannay cannot leave at the station, so he waits until the train starts up again, and then does what?
5. Scudder figures the only way he might live is to do what?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)