|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a servant tell Hannay about Alloa?
(a) He is sick and in bed.
(b) He is out of the country.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is at a political meeting.
2. What do the rough men ask Hannay?
(a) If, essentially, he's seen himself somewhere on the road.
(b) If he would like to join the conspiracy.
(c) If he is really a road man.
(d) If he knows the quickest way into town.
3. Armed with this fact, how does Hannay feel?
4. Who does Hannay believe Alloa to be?
(a) The Black Stone spy.
(b) A German.
(c) A French diplomat.
(d) Black Stone.
5. Hannay next chances upon a rural inn, run by a young man who wants to be what?
(a) A spy.
(b) An actor.
(c) A writer of adventures.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hannay and Alloa meet eyes?
2. After the drive, Bullivant urges Hannay to do what?
3. Hannay instructs the young innkeeper to go into town and tell the police what?
4. During this time in the inn, Hannay cracks Scudder's cipher by using what name, that Scudder mentioned was the "key" to the whole affair with Karolides?
5. Why does the young man excitedly agree to house Hannay for a few days?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)