* Richard Hannay is a Scot turned Brit who is bored and lonely.
* Hannay is confronted by Franklin Scudder, who relates the circumstances of his discovering a plot to get Russia to declare war on Germany.
* This scheme would throw the stock markets into chaos and had been planned by German anarchists, capitalists, and Jews.
* Karolides would be executed because he has a chance to ruin their plans.
* Scudder is now known by these anarchists, and he fears for his life and wishes to pretend to have committed suicide and stay with Hannay.
* Hannay is not sure if he can believe Scudder but realizes the severity of the situation when Scudder is stabbed to death.
* Hannay is at first shaken by the dead body but decides he should carry on Scudder's work.
* Hannay finds Scudder's black book of information in the tobacco jar and then hatches a...
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)