|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite their fighting, Emmeline gives Adeline :
(a) A copy of Jane Eyre.
(b) Promise that she would never marry so as to not separate the twins.
(c) Her diary.
(d) A green emerald ring.
2. Who set the fire at Angelfield?
(a) The Missus.
(d) A village child.
3. What has happened moments before Margaret's return to Vida Winter's house?
(a) Emmeline has died.
(b) The violinist has been discovered.
(c) Judith has announced that she is leaving.
(d) Three people believe they have seen the ghost.
4. In the process of demolition at Angelfield, something unusual was found regarding Vida WInter's story. Who has come to investigate?
(a) The police, to investigate remains of a body.
(b) Mr. Lomax and his staff.
(c) All the people interested in Vida Winter's life.
(d) The children of the Angelfield heirs, to claim their inheritance.
5. Who is Aurelius' half-sister?
(c) The missus' niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom will Margaret give the long biographical document about Ms. Winters?
2. The weather on the night that Ms. Winters died was:
3. What does Vida Winter give to Margaret as she is leaving?
4. What incredible revelation does Margaret realize about the children at Angelfield?
5. What became of Hester?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hester thinks she has seen strange things in the mirror. How does she try to explain this?
2. Explain the suspicious cause of death concerning the ladder.
3. Who does Margaret meet unexpectedly on the moors, and why?
4. What does Margaret tell Aurelius, and what does he then ask of her?
5. In what state is Charlie's room when John-the-dig breaks down the door?
6. What lie does Adeline concoct about Charlie's whereabouts?
7. What news brings Aurelius much joy?
8. Who was there for Margaret when she finally stopped her grieving after Vida Winter's death?
9. Describe the meeting between Aurelius and Emmeline.
10. Describe the odd conveyor belt that Ms. Winter discusses with Margaret.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)