|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Margaret returns to Winter's house after her second visit to Angelfield, what wakes Margaret in the middle of the night?
(a) The light, after days of darkness; however, it is only bright moonlight.
(b) The doctor's arrival.
(c) Howling winds: a storm seems close and dangerous
(d) The sounds of a violin.
2. Who was the father of Emmeline's child?
(c) The Missus' nephew.
3. What does Adeline find that Emmeline had been keeping?
(a) A diary.
(b) A book from the first owner of Angelfield.
(c) A letter from Isabelle.
(d) A mysterious box with the initials IAR carved in wood.
4. Ambrose Proctor and Adeline often:
(a) Swim together in the lake on the estate.
(b) Work together in the topiary garden.
(c) Smoke and drink tea together in the kitchen.
(d) Ride horses on the moors near the estate.
5. What does Margaret tell Aurelius?
(a) The story of his parents and the reason for his abandonment.
(b) She is sorry, but they cannot have a relationship.
(c) That Angelfield is really his, and he is now a rich man.
(d) That she has lost many thousands of dollars writing her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose teach Vida Winter to do before he leaves?
2. What change begins to occur in schedule of interviews between Margaret and Winter?
3. In Aurelius' "inheritance," there is a page from what book?
4. What does Hester accuse Emmeline of taking, as reported in Hester's diary?
5. Who is Aurelius' half-sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Adeline concoct about Charlie's whereabouts?
2. Hester thinks she has seen strange things in the mirror. How does she try to explain this?
3. Describe the odd conveyor belt that Ms. Winter discusses with Margaret.
4. After finding Charlie, where does Adeline immediately go, and what does she do?
5. What is Margaret hoping to find when she looks in Winter's collection of "Jane Eyre" books?
6. Describe the meeting between Aurelius and Emmeline.
7. Describe how the fire started.
8. Karen shows a picture of her father to Margaret. What is he holding?
9. Explain what Hester finds strange about Emmeline's use of pronouns.
10. Who takes care of the unnamed child?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)