|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margaret receives a letter from her solicitor about whom?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who does Margaret surmise must have tampered with the ladder's safety latch?
(a) Ambrose Proctor.
(b) The doctor.
(d) The Missus.
3. On what day does Margaret plan to leave Vida Winter's house?
(a) A week before Christmas.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) On New Year's Day.
(d) On her birthday, December 19.
4. What is troubling to Margaret as she visits Angelfield a second time?
(a) She thinks she senses someone in the fog that surrounds her.
(b) She keeps wishing she could meet her twin.
(c) She hears violin playing in the dark.
(d) She is wondering if she will meet Aurelius and fall in love.
5. When Aurelius takes Margaret to his home, what does he do?
(b) Shows her a map of London.
(c) Tries to kiss her.
(d) Reads her poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day, instead of writing/interviewing, what task does Vida Winter ask of Margaret?
2. What does Margaret keep of Ms. Winter belongings?
3. What lie does Adeline tell Mr. Lomax about Charlie?
4. In addition to the filth and squalor or of Charlie's room, what is most surprising about Charlie's room?
5. What news comes from the asylum about Isabelle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Vida Winter became Adeline.
2. After finding Charlie, where does Adeline immediately go, and what does she do?
3. Explain the suspicious cause of death concerning the ladder.
4. Who was there for Margaret when she finally stopped her grieving after Vida Winter's death?
5. After the strange discovery of human remains at Angelfield, why does Margaret go to see Mr. Lomax?
6. What crucial part of Vida Winter's story does Margaret figure out which answers many of the unsolved pieces of the story's puzzle?
7. Karen shows a picture of her father to Margaret. What is he holding?
8. What makes John-the-dig decide he needs to check on Charlie?
9. What is Margaret hoping to find when she looks in Winter's collection of "Jane Eyre" books?
10. Explain the relationship between Ambrose Proctor and the twins.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)