|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hester talks in her diary of the joy of working closely with someone on what project?
(a) A book about Jane Eyre.
(b) The study of twins.
(c) A vegetable garden.
(d) The renovation of Angelfield.
2. Who does John-the-Dig teach about trimming the topiary garden?
(a) The new boy, Proctor.
(c) Both twins.
(d) His nephew.
3. In the process of demolition at Angelfield, something unusual was found regarding Vida WInter's story. Who has come to investigate?
(a) All the people interested in Vida Winter's life.
(b) Mr. Lomax and his staff.
(c) The police, to investigate remains of a body.
(d) The children of the Angelfield heirs, to claim their inheritance.
4. As a young teen, Emmeline liked to:
(a) Collect eggs from the chickens.
(b) Take baths and play cards.
(c) Go for boat rides on the lake of the estate.
(d) Practice dancing in front of a mirror.
5. To whom will Margaret give the long biographical document about Ms. Winters?
(a) Tom and Emma, Ambrose's grandchildren.
(b) The Missus' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aurelius come to visit Margaret?
2. Which picture of Angelfield catches the attention of Vida Winter?
3. What became of Hester?
4. Who has Margaret arranged to meet at Angelfield this second time?
5. Who comes to visit Margaret at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Margaret hoping to find when she looks in Winter's collection of "Jane Eyre" books?
2. Who is the unnamed child's father?
3. How does Adeline begin to confuse people about which twin is which?
4. What "big" life events happened on the nights that Mrs. Love turned a heel twice?
5. What lie does Ambrose Proctor tell the doctor?
6. Describe Aurelius's inheritance.
7. Describe the odd conveyor belt that Ms. Winter discusses with Margaret.
8. After finding Charlie, where does Adeline immediately go, and what does she do?
9. Describe the meeting between Aurelius and Emmeline.
10. What news brings Aurelius much joy?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)